OMD Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2014
36 interviews

2.7

Assistant Strategist, Digital Interview

Three 30 minute interviews. Each interviewer had his or her own interview style. One was more traditional in asking to go through various experiences I had listed on my resume. One was more animated and asked some more random questions about life outside of work experiences. One was quicker and only had two simpler questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that you haven't yet told to the other two interviewers.   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at OMD.

The HR department reached out to via phone call to arrange a meeting. The meeting was with a HR associate and HR manager. It was approximately 30 minutes long. They were professional and organized. There were no unexpected interview questions, but you have to be prepared to talk about past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • There were many questions regarding situations and how you dealt with problems.   Answer Question

Digital Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at OMD.

they took me into a room i met with the assistant, a planner, a supervisor and the global director. it was a standard interview, if they like you they hire you if not you're out of luck

Assistant Digital Strategist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD.

Completed an initial phone interview followed by a final round interview with two account supervisors and one associate director.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate a higher salary but they start all assistants at the same pay

Junior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at OMD.

The first thing my future supervisor told me was "I've never done this before". This particular interview was a joke. She did a very poor job of interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • We discussed the coming Jewish holidays and I was not actually Jewish.   Answer Question
    It was an entry level position and the are not willing to negotiate at that level.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in March 2010.

The HR department was extremely kind and moved rather fast to get in me to meet the right people. All individuals were very engaging and made me feel very comfortable. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question included scenarios pertaining to difficult clients and how I would manage them. It's always hard to speak poorly of past experiences in a job interview.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was great. HR moved fast and was able to accommodate my requests.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

This is one of the most unprofessional companies I have ever seen. I was invited to have conversation with HR. The interview was set up. Then, there was no call for that day for no reason. A few days later, I was called back and set up another time. Then, the same thing happened that no call or apology. I wondered if the company still legitimate. I would avoid this company for all cost.

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at OMD in September 2010.

Everything was great

very open

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OMD in November 2011.

Toured a few of the floors. Had an informal (almost conversation-like) interview. I then met with the director the of account. I felt very comfortable. Took approx 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing that you find difficult about working with someone else?   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at OMD in April 2012.

I was contacted by HR about a week after submitting my application to come in for a one on one interview. During the interview I was asked a series of basic questions. However, when the topic of my university came up the interviewer seemed more interested in gossiping about the recent on-goings at the school rather than my qualifications for the job which I felt was a bit inappropriate. Overall the interview went well but the position did not seem to be a fit for me.

Interview Questions

Worked for OMD? Contribute to the Community!