OMD Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

The HR department reached out to via phone call to arrange a meeting. The meeting was with a HR associate and HR manager. It was approximately 30 minutes long. They were professional and organized. There were no unexpected interview questions, but you have to be prepared to talk about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• There were many questions regarding situations and how you dealt with problems.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

Completed an initial phone interview followed by a final round interview with two account supervisors and one associate director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate a higher salary but they start all assistants at the same pay

Assistant Strategist, Digital Interview

Interview

Three 30 minute interviews. Each interviewer had his or her own interview style. One was more traditional in asking to go through various experiences I had listed on my resume. One was more animated and asked some more random questions about life outside of work experiences. One was quicker and only had two simpler questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that you haven't yet told to the other two interviewers.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview first then scheduled a follow-up onsite interview. Meet 4 team members and directors. After that, get the third on-site interview to meet more team members. The chat was nice and they are really kind. The working space is open and casual.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are more creative or more likely to follow the terminology?   Answer Question

Digital Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMD.

Interview

they took me into a room i met with the assistant, a planner, a supervisor and the global director. it was a standard interview, if they like you they hire you if not you're out of luck

Junior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY).

Interview

The first thing my future supervisor told me was "I've never done this before". This particular interview was a joke. She did a very poor job of interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• We discussed the coming Jewish holidays and I was not actually Jewish.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an entry level position and the are not willing to negotiate at that level.

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OMD (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

Everything was great

Interview Questions

• what did you do in college   1 Answer
    • what makes you good for this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

very open

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The HR department was extremely kind and moved rather fast to get in me to meet the right people. All individuals were very engaging and made me feel very comfortable. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question included scenarios pertaining to difficult clients and how I would manage them. It's always hard to speak poorly of past experiences in a job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was great. HR moved fast and was able to accommodate my requests.

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Toured a few of the floors. Had an informal (almost conversation-like) interview. I then met with the director the of account. I felt very comfortable. Took approx 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you find difficult about working with someone else?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

The overal experience was very informal. I did not meet with HR, but rather 2 associates/directors for the respective account. I was there for approx 2 hours, and relocated to 3 floors throughout the entire process. I followed up several times. Finally, after 3 weeks of not generating any responses, I sent an email in which they responded with a simple "oh yea, by the way, we found someone more qualified". I felt this was very unprofessional since they informed me that they would be the ones to reach out to me upon their conclusion of reviewing candidates. I still have an immense desire to work for this agency, so I will continue to be persistent with all contacts that I have.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing that you find most challenging when working with others in a group?   Answer Question