OMD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details – This is one of the most unprofessional companies I have ever seen. I was invited to have conversation with HR. The interview was set up. Then, there was no call for that day for no reason. A few days later, I was called back and set up another time. Then, the same thing happened that no call or apology. I wondered if the company still legitimate. I would avoid this company for all cost.

Interview Question – Unprofessional process   Answer Question

Junior Buyer Interview

Junior Buyer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details – The first thing my future supervisor told me was "I've never done this before". This particular interview was a joke. She did a very poor job of interviewing me.

Interview Question – We discussed the coming Jewish holidays and I was not actually Jewish.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an entry level position and the are not willing to negotiate at that level.

Assistant Digital Strategist Interview

Assistant Digital Strategist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details – Completed an initial phone interview followed by a final round interview with two account supervisors and one associate director.

Interview Question – what are your pet peeves?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate a higher salary but they start all assistants at the same pay

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details – I met with all Supervisors individually, before being offered the position of Secretary. I then moved up to Administrative Assistant, then to Executive Secretary to Chairman/CEO. I then moved to the Media Dept. as Executive Assistant until now, where I am now a Media Analyst

Interview Question – I really cannot remember since we are talking 25 years ago.   Answer Question

Media Planner Interview

Media Planner
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OMD in March 2008.

Interview Details – In person interviews - relatively easy. Nothing out of the norm. Education, experience, goals, etc.

Interview Question – Here's a pen that's a $100; talk me down.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Junior Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at OMD in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR about a week after submitting my application to come in for a one on one interview. During the interview I was asked a series of basic questions. However, when the topic of my university came up the interviewer seemed more interested in gossiping about the recent on-goings at the school rather than my qualifications for the job which I felt was a bit inappropriate. Overall the interview went well but the position did not seem to be a fit for me.

Interview Questions

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Assistant Negotiator
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OMD in September 2010.

Interview Details – Everything was great

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – very open

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Assistant Media Strategist
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OMD in November 2011.

Interview Details – Toured a few of the floors. Had an informal (almost conversation-like) interview. I then met with the director the of account. I felt very comfortable. Took approx 2.5 hours.

Interview Question – What is one thing that you find difficult about working with someone else?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Assistant Strategist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at OMD in June 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, I scheduled an interview where I met with the HR coordinator and then the Account Director. Both were very nice and helpful, especially the HR coordinator who always answered my emails and questions promptly. The interview wasn't too difficult. They just wanted to know my prior experiences. In the end, I did not receive a job offer since they found someone who was more experienced, but my experience was very positive and I wish that I could work there in the future.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about digital media.   Answer Question

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Assistant Media Strategist
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OMD in November 2011.

Interview Details – The overal experience was very informal. I did not meet with HR, but rather 2 associates/directors for the respective account. I was there for approx 2 hours, and relocated to 3 floors throughout the entire process. I followed up several times. Finally, after 3 weeks of not generating any responses, I sent an email in which they responded with a simple "oh yea, by the way, we found someone more qualified". I felt this was very unprofessional since they informed me that they would be the ones to reach out to me upon their conclusion of reviewing candidates. I still have an immense desire to work for this agency, so I will continue to be persistent with all contacts that I have.

Interview Question – What is the one thing that you find most challenging when working with others in a group?   Answer Question