OMD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.6

Junior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OMD.

The first thing my future supervisor told me was "I've never done this before". This particular interview was a joke. She did a very poor job of interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • We discussed the coming Jewish holidays and I was not actually Jewish.   Answer Question
    It was an entry level position and the are not willing to negotiate at that level.

Assistant Digital Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD.

Completed an initial phone interview followed by a final round interview with two account supervisors and one associate director.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate a higher salary but they start all assistants at the same pay

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD.

I met with all Supervisors individually, before being offered the position of Secretary. I then moved up to Administrative Assistant, then to Executive Secretary to Chairman/CEO. I then moved to the Media Dept. as Executive Assistant until now, where I am now a Media Analyst

Interview Questions
    • I really cannot remember since we are talking 25 years ago.   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD in May 2012.

The interview process was generally positive. The HR Director was quick to respond, followed up and a delight to work with. I spoke with 3 team members on the account that I was interviewing for. Questions made sense for the interview, there was nothing too difficult that caught me off guard. Very standard. All 3 people were easy to talk to and it seems like a great work environment.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in April 2012.

I was contacted by HR about a week after submitting my application to come in for a one on one interview. During the interview I was asked a series of basic questions. However, when the topic of my university came up the interviewer seemed more interested in gossiping about the recent on-goings at the school rather than my qualifications for the job which I felt was a bit inappropriate. Overall the interview went well but the position did not seem to be a fit for me.

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in November 2011.

Toured a few of the floors. Had an informal (almost conversation-like) interview. I then met with the director the of account. I felt very comfortable. Took approx 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing that you find difficult about working with someone else?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in November 2011.

The overal experience was very informal. I did not meet with HR, but rather 2 associates/directors for the respective account. I was there for approx 2 hours, and relocated to 3 floors throughout the entire process. I followed up several times. Finally, after 3 weeks of not generating any responses, I sent an email in which they responded with a simple "oh yea, by the way, we found someone more qualified". I felt this was very unprofessional since they informed me that they would be the ones to reach out to me upon their conclusion of reviewing candidates. I still have an immense desire to work for this agency, so I will continue to be persistent with all contacts that I have.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing that you find most challenging when working with others in a group?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in June 2011.

After applying online, I scheduled an interview where I met with the HR coordinator and then the Account Director. Both were very nice and helpful, especially the HR coordinator who always answered my emails and questions promptly. The interview wasn't too difficult. They just wanted to know my prior experiences. In the end, I did not receive a job offer since they found someone who was more experienced, but my experience was very positive and I wish that I could work there in the future.

Junior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in February 2011.

OMD is a part of a giant entity so my ability to get an interview was of course through a personal friend. I doubt if large corporate companies take the time to filter though every resume that comes to their main websites.

I had three interviews in one day. Two with the immediate associates I would be supporting on that account and one with the Lead over the account.
    The interview was straight forward and didn't present many riddles or thought bending questions. Mainly just,
    why do you want to work here,
    tell me about your past experiences.
    Describe a time when you had to work under pressure
    What are your weaknesses..etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing was not getting the job and hearing that the reason I didn't get it was because the decision makers felt my past experiences were too colorful, creative and worldly. So in turn they felt I wouldn't put my heart and joy into being a number counting media planner. My close connection let me know that it would have been better to spend my experiential and creative passions could have been held back a little more.   View Answer

Assistant Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OMD in September 2010.

Everything was great