OMD

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.7

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite part of your past job?   View Answer

Assistant Strategist, Digital Interview

Three 30 minute interviews. Each interviewer had his or her own interview style. One was more traditional in asking to go through various experiences I had listed on my resume. One was more animated and asked some more random questions about life outside of work experiences. One was quicker and only had two simpler questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself that you haven't yet told to the other two interviewers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OMD in April 2013.

I was contacted by an HR manager for an interview about a week and half ago. I met with multiple Strategists and Account Directors for roughly 45 minutes. They all seemed smart and upbeat about their jobs. I was asked the usual questions for an interview. For example, "what are your likes? What is Media? How do you feel about Digital Media?" and so forth. The interview was decent enough.

They told me they would make a quick decision within a weeks times but when i attempted to follow up, I was ignored by the HR manager. I still have not received a response to my email and its going on 3 days without response.

Junior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OMD.

The first thing my future supervisor told me was "I've never done this before". This particular interview was a joke. She did a very poor job of interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • We discussed the coming Jewish holidays and I was not actually Jewish.   Answer Question
    It was an entry level position and the are not willing to negotiate at that level.

Assistant Digital Strategist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD.

Completed an initial phone interview followed by a final round interview with two account supervisors and one associate director.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate a higher salary but they start all assistants at the same pay

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD.

I met with all Supervisors individually, before being offered the position of Secretary. I then moved up to Administrative Assistant, then to Executive Secretary to Chairman/CEO. I then moved to the Media Dept. as Executive Assistant until now, where I am now a Media Analyst

Interview Questions
    • I really cannot remember since we are talking 25 years ago.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD in May 2012.

The interview process was generally positive. The HR Director was quick to respond, followed up and a delight to work with. I spoke with 3 team members on the account that I was interviewing for. Questions made sense for the interview, there was nothing too difficult that caught me off guard. Very standard. All 3 people were easy to talk to and it seems like a great work environment.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in April 2012.

I was contacted by HR about a week after submitting my application to come in for a one on one interview. During the interview I was asked a series of basic questions. However, when the topic of my university came up the interviewer seemed more interested in gossiping about the recent on-goings at the school rather than my qualifications for the job which I felt was a bit inappropriate. Overall the interview went well but the position did not seem to be a fit for me.

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in November 2011.

Toured a few of the floors. Had an informal (almost conversation-like) interview. I then met with the director the of account. I felt very comfortable. Took approx 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing that you find difficult about working with someone else?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in November 2011.

The overal experience was very informal. I did not meet with HR, but rather 2 associates/directors for the respective account. I was there for approx 2 hours, and relocated to 3 floors throughout the entire process. I followed up several times. Finally, after 3 weeks of not generating any responses, I sent an email in which they responded with a simple "oh yea, by the way, we found someone more qualified". I felt this was very unprofessional since they informed me that they would be the ones to reach out to me upon their conclusion of reviewing candidates. I still have an immense desire to work for this agency, so I will continue to be persistent with all contacts that I have.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing that you find most challenging when working with others in a group?   Answer Question