OMD Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Assistant Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OMD in November 2011.

The overal experience was very informal. I did not meet with HR, but rather 2 associates/directors for the respective account. I was there for approx 2 hours, and relocated to 3 floors throughout the entire process. I followed up several times. Finally, after 3 weeks of not generating any responses, I sent an email in which they responded with a simple "oh yea, by the way, we found someone more qualified". I felt this was very unprofessional since they informed me that they would be the ones to reach out to me upon their conclusion of reviewing candidates. I still have an immense desire to work for this agency, so I will continue to be persistent with all contacts that I have.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing that you find most challenging when working with others in a group?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OMD in August 2010.

Longest interview and they dont' prepare you for it.
    Be prepared to interview with the entire team when you go in for the first time.
    The office was very nice and the people seemed friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: If you can bring back any extinct animal what would it be?   Answer Question

Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at OMD in January 2010.

Disorganized, schedule was erratic and I had to come back many times

Recruiter negotiated for me

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at OMD in July 2010.

The head strategist talked to me about my background, experiences, and what I liked to do. He also asked me what animal I would be - that was a weird one. I asked him about the job and what it involved - he seemed to tire of my questions, though I thought they were good ones to ask. The next day I got a rejection notice. I guess I didn't impress him or he just found someone who was better.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of animal would you be and why?   View Answer

Senior Vice President, Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at OMD in January 2010.

the offer was presented on the spot after 2 hr thorough discussion

b/c financially, it did not make sense to switch

Assistant Digital Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OMD in September 2008.

I had multiple phone interviews with the HR manager as well as multiple media planners before coming in for an office interview. At the office interview, I was there for almost three hours and sat in one room where about 5 different people came in to talk to me. The office is pretty open but doesnt have many perks of an agency atmosphere such as a bar, lounge chairs, drinks, food, etc. The dress is very casual - jeans and flip flops.

Interview Questions
    • What sites would you use for a digital campaign for Maybelline (this could be any product)?   Answer Question
    I have not able to negotiate but I do receive over-time pay on top of my base salary. For an entry level position such as this - you just have to take what they offer you. If you have little experience it will be $30K which is what everyone else makes.

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OMD in February 2008.

Communication after applying online -- came in for an initial, then a follow up. Both went well, interviewed with various levels within the department to display overall and specific knowledge in the field.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging situation you encountered?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at OMD in January 2010.

The interview consisted of one 2:1 interview followed by another 1:1.

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OMD in April 2014.

Human Resources will contact you regarding an interview. Once it is set up you will get a confirmation e-mail with interview details as well as a PDF of the job description and duties. Interviewed by two people with questions about previous experience, skills, personal traits and how and why you'd be a fit into the team. Also asked typical questions such as your strengths, weaknesses and where you see yourself in X amount of years.

Interview Questions
    • After the interview they give you a written test with media-related and maths questions. When researching in the lead-up to the interview, I focused more on the media side of things and sacrificed the maths side. Also, I hadn't completed maths questions in an test setting since I left school so I could have done a lot better.   View Answer

Assistant Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OMD in March 2013.

Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.

Interview Questions
    • Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance.   Answer Question