ON Semiconductor Applications Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ON Semiconductor.

Interview

Got contacted through HR to set up an on-site interview in Phoenix. Was met at the door by same HR contact. Got some basic info out of the way and then met with one of the Applications Engineer. No technical questions were asked. It was a walk-through of the facility and what would be expected as an intern.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for ON Semiconductor

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Tempe, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

buck, flyback topology and voltage waveform

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Some behavioral questions and technical questions. Easy to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

simple questions about IC basics, op-amp, DC/DC, measurement techinques (a lot of them), questions about the attitude

Negotiation

No negotiation possible, the package was already settled by the company

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 7 peoples including individual and panels. Tthe questions are technical questions and behavior questions. Technical questions includes basic analog circuit, power supply design, magnetic design, lab experiment questions. Behaviors questions includes career goals, project management skills and teamwork skills. The questions are not tough and some are repeated asked.

Interview Questions

• What is the buck converter, basic topologies?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in December 2008.

Interview

I talked to a few people but no one asked me any technical questions which was odd. They talked to me about what I did and what I liked about my previous job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said the offer was negotiable, but when I tried to negotiate; they said the offer wasn't negotiable. This company offers very low.