ON Semiconductor

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.9

Intern - Hourly Interview

Hiring process included an on-campus interview. There were multiple 30 minute rotating interviews between managers from various groups within the company. Each interview took approximately 30 minutes. Questions were both technical and behavioral.

IT Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor.

One of the best and professional interviews I had. I had 2 rounds of interview and I was called him, spent the whole day with them. Quality of the questions and the interview process was excellent

Interview Questions

I had 3 other offers and one of the other offer was better interms of pay & quality of work

IT Database Interview

All questions are about SQL, like the three kinks of joint and what is the same and difference of them, what is the difference of trunk, delete and drop. Have you ever used SQL server before. No behavior questions. Ask one project about SQL in the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the three kinds of joint and the difference between them   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ON Semiconductor.

I met with their recruiters at our school's career fair, and they agreed to give me a screening interview that same day. The screening was entirely technical, where I sat down with one of their employees and worked out analog circuit problems that he gave me. When I got stuck on something, he was very helpful in giving me a nudge in the right direction. It seemed like he just wanted to see that I was teachable when he offered help. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel that I was being asked any "gotchya" questions. All of the problems that he had me work out were there to measure my current understanding of analog circuits.   Answer Question

Junior Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor.

My interview began with a recruiting company as the position was contract to hire. Although the interview process isn't over, I can say that the company is really digging into my skill level and background; requiring 2 referrals even prior to the second interview, requesting written summaries of how I manage projects, etc.

The first interview was with the recruiter, the second with the PMO manager. The questions were vague, which forced me to re-question everything asked. The manager asked for a written summary of how I would handle running an applications project, although, I had already explained, in detail, how I had done that in the past. This makes me believe the manager isn't detailed or direct enough which is vital for PMs. (BTW, this request was asked of me by my recruiter PRIOR to my having any conversation with the hiring manager - I declined the initial request until I had a chance to chat with the hiring manager in order to get a better feel for what he wanted.)

The rate/offer from the recruiter is extremely low in comparison to jobs of equal skill levels. This, however, may have nothing to do with the FTE salary ON offers.

For this particular position, I would say the level of interviewing is extreme and unwarranted.

Interview Questions
    • Three vague questions were asked by the manager, which resulted in me asking for something more specific. When specificity was not entirely provided, I answered based on my gut instinct for what he was looking for.

Question one: How do you work with developers? (in what respect?). Question two: Tell me how you manage stress? (Who's? Mine, team, stakeholders, overall project stress?) Question three: How do you handle difficult people? (Depends on what issue they're having).

I would have thought more appropriate questions would be: How do you work with a developer to engage them on tasks? Tell me how you manage stakeholder stress? How do you handle a person who constantly pushes back on your requests or won't communicate with you?

Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ON Semiconductor.

1. First round is a phone interview by the HR. Mostly talking about the job description and asking if you have certain experience which matches the job requirement. And how you can describe your work. Also talk about the salary range and if you are ok with the salary range.

2. The second round is a phone interview with the manager. He went through my resume and asked question about my previous projects. Talk about your experience in clean room and on power devices.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the relation of your previous experience with the job.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in July 2014.

I found this intern directly on their website and I apllied for it online, after couple weeks i got a phone interview, just few basic problems about circuits, no big deal. After that i got a on-site interview. This time, the questions become more complex and specific.

Interview Questions
    • Several calculation and some basic knowledge about MOFET, not so difficult though.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in May 2014.

3 terns in total. One for HR, one for phone interview, and one for onsite interview. Phone interview includes some basic CMOS blocks and equations such as Id, Rout, etc. Also some basic ESD knowledge such as diode physics. On site interview they asked about my resume projects and experience. You need to carefully prepare your resume. They asked me a lot of Bandgap referrence and LDO circuits.

Interview Questions
    • There was a very tricky question: if a cubic has a 1 ohm resistance at each edge, what is the total resistance of it.   View Answer

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in May 2014.

Standard interview they asked basic questions related to school work. They seemed unprofessional to me joking around about workplace diversity. I think that they haven't interviewed many others before me because they asked the most basic of questions that were not related to the position I was applying for. I tried to get detailed answers out of them but they just beat around the bush. After the interview they took over a week to respond. The HR rep responded to me about a week later. I got a short answer as to why I did not get the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you taught yourself?   View Answer

Product Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ON Semiconductor.

Applied online and got a call and e-mail about 2-3 weeks later. Interview was scheduled just for just a few days after I received the e-mail. The interview included a half hour interview with the manager I would be working under, and a 1-hour interview with three members of the team, including one higher-up. First interview consisted mostly technical questions, second interview was a history/overview of the company, some technical questions, and some behavioral questions. Received an offer within 3 days of the interview.