ON Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.9

Firmware Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward with questions and general discussions on project work and basic concepts. The recruiter was really humble and asked me questions on my work done here at UC Irvine.
    Pretty interesting open questions on how I would implement a project as well. He was looking for someone with hardware and software experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the various synchronization primitives?
      C language oriented questions

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ON Semiconductor.

Interview

Phone interview, on site interview for roughly 6 hours at pocatello idaho asked about the projects in resume, any other skills you have other than the digital deisgn. Took the site tour and had lunch at some restaurant. People are very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Basic digital design questions such as FSM, STA and verilog   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Nampa, ID) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied and was called to interview with a days notice. I ended up playing phone tag with the HR recruiter for two weeks before calling and leaving her a message saying I would be in the area for two days and giving her the times I would be available. She called me on the first day and we set up an appointment. It was a one hour interview which included a ton of softball questions for someone with any EHS experience. Then they gave me a quiz asking me to define the acronyms for various environmental and safety regulations. At the end of the interview they said I would hear either way two weeks later. Six weeks later I still have not heard anything and I am interviewing with other companies.

Interview Questions

• Someone finds a chemical at their local lawn and garden shop, brings it in and starts using it in a process. What steps should be taken and why?
      Define CWA, CAA, NESHAPS, NPDES, TMDL.

1 Answer

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

2 rounds. 1st got a 30min phone interview with questions mainly about my resume and school project. 3 weeks later I was invited for a 4hour on site interview. I met 3 designers and the hiring manager. The first 3 interviews were analog/digital design questions and the last one was just a conversation with the manager.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in April 2015.

Interview

Total 3 rounds of interview.
    1st round was a 30 mins phone screening with the hiring manager.
    2nd round was a technical test with 9-10 problems on amplifiers .The test should be completed in 1 day.
    3rd round was a small talk with the Engineers about the skills required for the position and few other simple questions.

Interview Questions

• 1st round - some basic question from my resume.
      2nd round - technical with question on amplifiers and circuits.Total 9-10 questions.
      3rd round -Questions from resume and skills i possess

Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

It moved along quite quickly, it started with an email to schedule an initial 20-minute screening interview. The following week, without being scheduled, the hiring manager called me to ask some additional questions, and I did have the time available so I took the "cold" call that went about 30 minutes. Two weeks later I had an all morning set of group interviews with various teams. They gave me an agenda of the names of the people I'd be meeting with, which was helpful, giving me a chance to at least look up their backgrounds on LinkedIn for most of them. That set of interviews (about 2-3 people about 30-45 minutes at a time) went very well for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a team situation where someone has stirred up a conflict affecting the team negatively?   1 Answer

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward, interview was conducted by a group of 3 people who were involved in the hiring process, HR, supervisor, and a shift lead. The majority of the interview questions were behavioral questions and scenario followed by personal skill and traditional interview questions, then they walk you out and let you know if they decide to go with you as a candidate - you'll find out within the week.

Interview Questions

• In a situation where coworker is stealing from the company and you caught them, what would you do?   Answer Question

Technology Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, about a month later got an email from the University Recruiter asking for an interview.
    Had 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. About a week later got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Just talked about my resume and skills, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ON Semiconductor (Bozeman, MT) in March 2015.

Interview

First a few behavioral questions and then technical, recruiter was super nice and helped through the problems, though didn't give any feedback if you did something wrong, which is tough because some questions built on others.

Interview Questions

• simple circuit analysis, Make a NOR gate with transistors   Answer Question

Device Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in March 2015.

Interview

HR from the university relation department emails me to schedule a first round phone interview. Just basic information was asked, basic questions, took 10-15 minutes. Following day got email from the group manager who is in charge of the group where the intern will work for. Scheduled a phone interview next week, it was quite a pleasant talk about 30 minutes and the manager expressed the willingness to offer the position via the phone. Just some research experience were discussed. Several days later got phone call from the same HR and offered the position.