ON Semiconductor

Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.9

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in May 2014.

Standard interview they asked basic questions related to school work. They seemed unprofessional to me joking around about workplace diversity. I think that they haven't interviewed many others before me because they asked the most basic of questions that were not related to the position I was applying for. I tried to get detailed answers out of them but they just beat around the bush. After the interview they took over a week to respond. The HR rep responded to me about a week later. I got a short answer as to why I did not get the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you taught yourself?   View Answer

Product Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ON Semiconductor.

Applied online and got a call and e-mail about 2-3 weeks later. Interview was scheduled just for just a few days after I received the e-mail. The interview included a half hour interview with the manager I would be working under, and a 1-hour interview with three members of the team, including one higher-up. First interview consisted mostly technical questions, second interview was a history/overview of the company, some technical questions, and some behavioral questions. Received an offer within 3 days of the interview.

Manufacturing Quality Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in April 2014.

I was initially contacted by a HR personnel who asked a few questions about my VISA status and date of availability and that a Quality Manager from the facility is very interested in my profile. A technical interview was conducted via phone with Lead Quality Engineer and Quality Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions relating to my work experience as an Intern at a semiconductor industry were asked and discussed. Few technical questions and my experience with those topics were discussed too.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in April 2014.

One day interview with two interviewing panels, one with the team of 6 engineers and second one with the managers. About 2 hours of interview. It was a very nice interview, very relaxed environment with no pressure at all. Talked about my skills , my likes dislikes, background, a bit about myself etc.

Interview Questions
    • most questions were related to programming skills, device physics, vlsi and whatever one have on the CV.   Answer Question
    I did'nt negotiated.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ON Semiconductor in April 2014.

HR and then technical interview. The HR interview asks for knowledge about the company and goals in life and career. The technical interview was generally about my past experience and checking my skill set.

Power Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Although initially excited about the position, when I actually got there, it was quite a disappointment. The interviewers seemed to be showing off instead of gauging my potential. Some of the questions were straight out of textbooks which I hadn't seen in last 5 years and I believe answers to most questions could be found within 2 minutes of searching an electronics handbook or web.
    In my opinion, that is a really unfruitful way of interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a half bridge converter and solve for transfer function   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ON Semiconductor.

The people interviewing were kind, but didn't seem to take the interview very seriously talking between themselves about irrelevant topics during the interview. The company had good things to offer, and they pride themselves on furthering education. I was able to interview with a hiring manager directly and did not need to go through HR which was nice.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ON Semiconductor.

Interviewed with three different people, including a manager, director and a recent college graduate in the department. All were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what a voltage regulator does. What are the differences between a PMOS and NMOS?   Answer Question

Digital Design Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ON Semiconductor.

It was an average interview that focussed more towards timing closure and RTL

Engineer Intern Interview

Set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview is strait forward. The questions are mainly focused on my resume and my projects that I have done during my school time, followed by a couple of behavioral questions. The interview is about 30 min to 40 min.