ONEOK Interview Questions

3.2

Interview

Applied through campus career services. Selected for on campus interview. Interview was fairly straight forward, mostly behavioral questions/scenarios. Time for questions at the end. Received an email after the interview saying I was in being considered.

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ONEOK in December 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, personal interview

MIS Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ONEOK in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through career services in my school. Got accepted for on-campus interview. they held an info session a couple days before the interview. it is important to attend that because you learn a lot about the company. interview was fair. had a 1:1 interview with a manager. he was a little too formal but average typical behavioral question. Heard back from them about a week asking for my transcript and the next 2 days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• most questions were typical behavioral questions about working on a team.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ONEOK (Tulsa, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring process started with a career fair. I was asked to come back to a first interview a few weeks later. The company used the STAR technique for their interview and the questions were straight forward and unique. They were very prompt in getting back to me to invite me to an onsite interview. Again the interview followed the STAR technique and the questions were straight forward but harder. You had to be careful to not answer with what you thought they wanted to hear. The people were very nice and pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What is your view on the role government should play in business?   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ONEOK (Tulsa, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

This interview came out of the blue several months after applying to a newspaper ad.
    Suddenly, they were in a hurry to interview me the beginning of next week. I took an early, long lunch prepared to make up the time at the end of the day at my current job.
    I work in a plant environment and was unable to change clothes for the interview. I informed the HR person who was coordinating the interview such.

I arrived 15 minutes ahead of time. They left me standing in the busy lobby for 35 minutes past interview.

The interview was per formula, with a panel of four interviewers. Personality questions coupled with "knowledge of job" questions. The interviewers were professional.

my only complaint with this process was the long time of no contact followed by frenzy.
    I understand that they were interviewing several candidates, but making a candidate stand in the lobby for so long makes the candidate feel "unwanted". This feeling could have been alleviated by a follow-up rejection email, which never came. I personally felt I was selected for interview at the last minute to fulfill some EOE requirement but I'm not certain of that.

Regardless, the interview process was a bit awkward.

Interview Questions

• Which job you've ever had are you nostalgic for or would like to do again.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ONEOK (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

very positive experience, smart people, profitable company, good culture, great opportunity, three separate interviews, one panel, innovative company, professional growth opportunities beyond initial position, professional, respectful, thorough, checked references. Great company, with growth potential, growing industry for the long term, benefits are a plus

Better opportunity

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ONEOK.

Interview

Filled out an online application for the position of Customer Service - Accounting/Collections II on 10/24/2012. Continued to watch the progress of my application the career website. After about three days, I saw the status change from ACTIVE application to REFER. I was contacted by HR on 11/19 and asked to interview on 11/21 at their location off of 15th street. The day of the interview, I was met by the HR rep, one manager and two supervisors. The interviewers were all male except for the HR REP. The mood was very serious and strict. All heads down asking questions one by one (behavioral) and writing down answers. In total I think I was asked about 7-9 questions. The interview lasted exactly one hour. I asked a few questions at the end and was escorted out. I was contacted on December 7th and told that I was NOT selected. About three days later I saw the same position post?

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went over and beyond for a customer? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IT New Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ONEOK (Tulsa, OK) in October 2012.

Interview

Recruiters were at my schools career fair and I applied for an interview through them. The first interview was a single 45 min behavioral interview. After that I received an email inviting me to an on-site interview at their headquarters in Tulsa. They put me in a hotel the night before. In The morning, I met up with my day-guide for breakfast. He was kind of like a greeter but for the whole day. There was a total of four 45 min behavioral interviews throughout the day. We did some additional things like go over benefits, tour the data center, and went to a nice lunch. I loved everyone I met there, and they were all very encouraging. The only negative of the process, was that some of the interview questions became redundant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were working on a project and the requirements changed suddenly.   Answer Question

I received an offer from another company that I liked better

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ONEOK (Tulsa, OK) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewed on campus which was 1:1. The interviewer was very nice and reassured me that there are no trick questions. Passed the first interview and was invited to a second round in Tulsa, OK.

Drove to Tulsa and had two panel interviews where it was 2:1 and one hour each. They were all vice presidents and not very social guys. They did not smile at all. The interview questions were all read from a thick packet that they had and the questions would sometimes be very different from others which made it hard to draw on another experience. Overall, everyone I saw who worked there were much older.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that someone was not pulling their own weight.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ONEOK (Tulsa, OK) in March 2011.

Interview

Two different interviews at two different locations in a week, both panel interviews. The first was 3 people, and the second 4 people. The second interview was same as the first with 3 people alternating asking questions. The fourth in the second interview was an HR person just to greet you and explain the interview process. The first is behavioral only the second is behavioral and technical related to specific job.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were straight job environment situation questions asking give an example of, and how you dealt with it, and the result.   2 Answers
    • Asked me to make a document describing how I would make a sandwich.   1 Answer