OOCL Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2015

2.9

Import Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OOCL (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview and 2 in person interviews, The phone interview was very informal and the in person interviews, I met with the heads of multiple depts to determine where my best fit would be and learn about their different functions.

Interview Questions

• How would You handle an angry customer   1 Answer

Inside Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OOCL (Charlotte, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward, and consisted of two phone interviews. The first one was a screening with an HR manager, and the second one was a more in-depth interview with the regional sales center manager. Each interview ran for 30-45 minutes. In-person interviews are done if the candidate lives in the local area.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OOCL (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in April 2015.

Interview

There are 3 panel member for my interview. I believe each one is a head of certain dept like for sql/db, java, and for quality analyst. They focused on what's on my resume since I'm a fresh grad. There are also some common interview questions. Then i was given an exam which was good for an hour. There are two exams: first being an aptitude test which are just general questions then the skills/programming test which is divided to 4 parts - mathematical, logical, programming, and sql/db. After the exam you have to explain your answers to them. The logic, the process you used to derive the answers.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Interview

hr interview with around 1 hour asking for behavior questions, followed by writing an article about the industry, then by group and panel interview in the form of group discussion and individual presentation. After that, an app test and final interview with big boss. The process is fast and able to finish within one month

Interview Questions

• during panel interview, manager will throw out some unexpected question based on what candidate present   Answer Question

EDI Support Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OOCL (Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)) in December 2014.

Interview

They contacted me after 3 weeks of waiting in vain. If you passed the initial interview, they will let you take the technical and personality exam. If passed again, interview with the director and lastly, HR interview if you passed 2nd interview. Most likely, it's already job offer if you will have an interview with HR.

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OOCL (Mumbai (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Intially the background check was done , and the past expierence was asked and counted questions asked about the work knowledge and communication skills , pls study of the organisation the new candidates are going for a an interview it helps a lot during the questioning session

Interview Questions

• what would you do when your colleague is not performing well   Answer Question
    • wilkl you share your part of the performance with your colleague   Answer Question

IT Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OOCL in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process included a written test, 1:1 interview with team manager and 1:1 interview with human resource representative. The written test focus on your own experience and let them know more about your personalities. 1:1 interview with team manager require you to give creative and feasible idea to show that you are capable for the IT related jobs.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example that how can you make use of IT to promote our company.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OOCL in June 2009.

Interview

The first day was a 1 on 1 interview where you were asked to talk about youself and the reason you want to work for the company. The second consisted of a written test and a case presentation. The written test consisted of a math and english part. They were multiple choice and lasted for about 1 hr. A case was given after the written test, you were asked to read the case, dicuss with the other candidates, and do an individual presentation of the solution to the case.

Interview Questions

• You have to come up with a solution to the business case in a reasonably short amount of time.   1 Answer