ORAU Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.7

Budgeting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ORAU in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter contacted me asked me to complete video interview and officially apply through the organizations website because she had two days to select a candidate. A few days later, I sent a 'thank you' email and the recruiter informed me that there was another opening in my area (Budgeting position) asked me to once again complete the application and the video interview. About a week later, I received an email from a different recruiter who advised me to contact my references and let them know that they would be contacted very soon. Needless to say that has been weeks ago and they haven't contacted neither myself nor my references. With the time spent applying and interviewing a simple rejection letter would be appreciated.

Orise Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ORAU.

Interview

The interview process is very simple and it's the same for almost all employees who interview. It consists of one phone interview. The organization does not make an effort to vet people for jobs because everyone is doing contract work. If need be the agency can release the person without much thought at any point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Benefits Interview

Interview

it was very quick, i interviewed once and then a few days later i heard back that i got the job

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ORAU in March 2012.

Interview

1 hour presentation followed by a tour and 5 or 6 one on one interviews with group sections, all questions were research and personal level not situational, very casual process

Negotiation

none

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

i applied from ORNL site. got a call from HR ab out after 3 months. cleared tele phone inter view. then got a call for on site inter view. got positive reply after 2 months.

Research Associate I (Post Bachelors) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ORAU (Fort Detrick, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

I submitted an application that was ignored for a couple months because of transition in the recruiting department. Eventually accepted and briefly met with the PI (more of a tour than interview).

Army Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ORAU in June 2010.

Interview

The first interview was done on the phone. The second interview, I interviewed with three different people