ORAU Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.6

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN).

Interview

Nothing about your actual knowledge, skills, abilities or any qualifications. Interview is an hour and a half long and is nothing but behavioral questions so that they can twist your answers to suit them. It's about interpretation, - right?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked on a project with your manager? DUUUUUHHHH!!!   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ORAU in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter contacted me asked me to complete video interview and officially apply through the organizations website because she had two days to select a candidate. A few days later, I sent a 'thank you' email and the recruiter informed me that there was another opening in my area (Budgeting position) asked me to once again complete the application and the video interview. About a week later, I received an email from a different recruiter who advised me to contact my references and let them know that they would be contacted very soon. Needless to say that has been weeks ago and they haven't contacted neither myself nor my references. With the time spent applying and interviewing a simple rejection letter would be appreciated.

Orise Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ORAU.

Interview

The interview process is very simple and it's the same for almost all employees who interview. It consists of one phone interview. The organization does not make an effort to vet people for jobs because everyone is doing contract work. If need be the agency can release the person without much thought at any point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Three phone and one in person interview. Over a month and have not heard back. Not sure if they are still conducting a background check or what. Should not be that much in anyone's background that would take over 3 months. It would be nice to receive a letter, email or call saying either way. It is understandable that this takes time to go through the process and I am not complaining. It is just frustrating when you are very interested in the job and not wanting to take another job if there is a possibility.

Interview Questions

• What frustrates me the most.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

I spoke with my recruiter about the position. He helped to set up an interview. I received a phone interview. A few days later, I was notified that the interview went well and they would like to move forward with the process. I was brought on as a contract worker within a month.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with Bootstrap?   1 Answer

Benefits Interview

Interview

it was very quick, i interviewed once and then a few days later i heard back that i got the job

NASA Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ORAU (Pasadena, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Contacted by the potential supervisor. Email exchange in research ideas, and possible research program. In person conversation for further detailed discussions. In formal conversation regarding the research plan and scale of the research projects. No discussion on the salary or benefit since there is some standard in the area with similar position.

Interview Questions

• Expertise, experience, how to approach a specific problem, and research ideas.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ORAU in March 2012.

Interview

1 hour presentation followed by a tour and 5 or 6 one on one interviews with group sections, all questions were research and personal level not situational, very casual process

Negotiation

none

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Ridge, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ORAU (Oak Ridge, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

i applied from ORNL site. got a call from HR ab out after 3 months. cleared tele phone inter view. then got a call for on site inter view. got positive reply after 2 months.

Research Associate I (Post Bachelors) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Detrick, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ORAU (Fort Detrick, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

I submitted an application that was ignored for a couple months because of transition in the recruiting department. Eventually accepted and briefly met with the PI (more of a tour than interview).