OSF HealthCare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Services Interview

Guest Services
Peoria, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OSF HealthCare in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made through online application and resume submission. Next, I received a Phone call from human resources to set a time for a over the phone initial interview. After the phone interview was completed, I had a 1-on-1 interview with the department manager, and then with the supervisors. Approximately one week later I received phone call from human resources with a job offer.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to OSFMC, as opposed to our main competitor Unity Point?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Peoria, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at OSF HealthCare in July 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was a former boss, she contacted me to get my resume and set up a lunch interview including her boss. I wasn't given a job description and it was very informal; I was told to wait a month or so until they had the job nailed down and see if I went further in the process. That was July. I kept in touch and tried not to call too much; about every couple of weeks at first. I was continually told to hold on, they were still considering me, but the job was up in the air. By October I was still kind of hoping it was a possibility but checked back less often. Finally after we got back from our Christmas vacation I called to see what was up. By that time I had pretty much decided to forget about it, but just wanted to close the loop. I was finally told that they had actually reorganized the team and there was no job available as they had thought. I don't have any sour grapes but the process was extremely long and it seemed as if no one could make a decision. I'm not sure I would enjoy working in that type of environment, so it's probably all for the best.

Interview Question – I remember being asked to explain about my career path, and I think it was stated something like, "What's your story?" Which seemed vague but was good-natured. It was a casual interview. Perhaps they felt that might rattle certain people, but I guess I enjoy talking about myself! :)   View Answer

Worked for OSF HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!