OSF Healthcare System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clerical Interview

Clerical
Galesburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at OSF Healthcare System in July 2011.

Interview Details – They called and offered an interview. Then did a short phone interview. Very comfortable. Then went in for a one on one and a tour and it was comfortable and very nice. It is a very laid back atmosphere and people are friendly and generally kind to one another. They asked basic question like what are your strong points and what are your weak points and such.

Interview Questions

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Peoria, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OSF Healthcare System in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was an on site interview with several other IT staff members. It seemed to be an ad hoc interview and the questions asked weren't probably asked of other people interviewing. In other words the people interviewing didn't have a standard set of questions on any form or questionnaire.
If I had to do it all over again I would have asked technical questions of those doing the interviewing to get a feeling of their technical expertise. Had I knew their low level of expertise I would have walked away. Ask them if any of them are certified in anything at all.

Negotiation Details – Always ask a salary way above the market rate. Once your in the door the chances are your pay increases will be lacking or none at all. If they can't pay the market rate then just walk away and you will be better off than working for poverty wages and then probably having to try to explain to some future employer when you decide to leave why you were being paid so low. Trust me a low salary makes you look like your a poor performer by some future employer which you should not have to make excuses for OSF.

SummerFoundation Offices Interview

SummerFoundation Offices
Peoria, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at OSF Healthcare System in June 2008.

Interview Details – It was easy, and primarily centered around "fit"

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Physician Assistant Interview

Physician Assistant
Galesburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OSF Healthcare System in March 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone contact with the company very positive. They were looking for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to work in a small rural clinic. Very good at describing on the phone all parts of job description.
Including benefits, pay structure, etc. They were very eager to fill the position. Did seem a little slow at returning initial phone call. I got the feeling sometimes the right hand did not know what the left hand was doing. It must be a smaller operation where everyone goes to lunch at the same time. No one answers the phone at that time.

Interview Question – Do you feel comfortable working without a physician in the office?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Researched St Mary's Web page contacted current and previous employees.(previous provider still listed)
No positive comments were received regarding administration's treatment of past 4 providers in the advertised position. Comments were either neutral or negative. Talked with two of the previous providers. Other people contacted were employees either current or previous. All perceptions of provider were good not so good for the OSF management. The bonus of working in any specialized field is the ability to network and gather information from the inside before jumping in. The first red flag is why are they having a hard time filling the position. During most interviews everyone can talk the talk.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OSF Healthcare System.

Interview Details – It was a pretty basic interview process. Just had one interview on site in front of two employees. The questions were pretty basic background and behavioral questions. It was a very relaxed and non-threatening interview. I didn’t come into the interview feeling super prepared, but felt like as long as you could convey who you are and what you have done then you should be fine.

Interview Question – What would you say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't try to negotiate

Worked for OSF Healthcare System? Contribute to the Community!