OSI Restaurant Partners

OSI Restaurant Partners Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Like some of the other Interview reviews posted, I received no notifications or follow-up to my interview process. Nothing to notify me that I didn't get the job. I went in for a full day of round-robin interviews with 6 different people. Three months went by before they answered my inquiries about the position, and then they brought me in for ANOTHER full day of interviews with another 4 or 5 people. I thought it all went quite well, and I thought an offer would be forthcoming. But there was nothing. I knew the hiring manager wanted me for the job, so after another 2 or 3 months I finally contacted him again, and was told that the last individual I interviewed with didn't like the answer to one of my questions, so it was no deal. If someone has to be interviewed by a dozen people including a C-level executive, and the company doesn't let the hiring manager make the decision about who to hire, then they seem to have an issue with empowering the employees to make decisions. As someone who is used to working quickly and decisively, perhaps it's a good thing I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? Because I answered it honestly, it cost me the job.   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners (Tampa, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

I've found OSI / Bloomin' Brands to be rude and dismissive toward applicants for positions at its corporate headquarters. Had two phone screens with contract recruiters, and a detailed phone screen by the hiring manager. The HM told me they would be back in touch in 3 weeks when they were done screening applicants, to choose those for 1-on-1 interviews. She and the recruiter never closed the loop. I would have been satisfied with a "thanks but no thanks" email, but apparently that was beyond them. (Note: I called the recruiter twice - leaving a message once. Called the hiring manager once, didn't leave a message. Emailed her once. I don't see that as stalking.)

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners (Tampa, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

interviewed with HR on phone, interviewed with mgr on the phone, interviewed with 4 people -each was 1:1 at the in person interview - 4 hours total. had to pay for my own parking at their building took them 1 month to notify me I was not chosen

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners (Tampa, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was well organized, but the time allotted for each was too short. They promised that I would be hearing from them very soon. After that day, I did not hear anything for over three months and had written them off. Suddenly, I was called in for a second interview scheduled for the following day. That went well, but I never heard anything from them again. No email. No letter. No phone call. For such a well-respected company, you would think they would be up-front and honest, but their lack of communication and failure to respond to follow-up emails and phone calls just proved what type of organization they really are. I am glad that it never went any further and would advise others to proceed with caution.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

interviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners (Bensalem, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

One on one interview with the Managing Partner or Hiring Manager on duty. Take a detailed personality test that is then forwarded to corporate for a pass/fail evaluation. Answer some personal questions along with situational scenario questions. Took about an hour and a half to two hours total.

Leasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners (Tampa, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview was scheduled but just before the phone interview I received a call stating the human resource person needed to reschedule. I understand that things come up but this happened two (2) more times before we actually had the phone interview. It felt like she had no concern for my time because most of the cancellations were done after she was late for the scheduled phone interview. I also had the impression that she was irritated because I provided the person who was hiring with my resume before I applied on line. Most of the questions were unrelated to the actual job and I felt like the person interviewing had no idea how to evaluate the skill level necessary for the position. She also pushed for detailed examples of work I performed at companies 10 years ago. While the general e experiences are easily related th detailed specifics just didn't come to me after 10 years. There are good people at the company but my experience with the human resource department has made it so I have absolutely no interest in working in their corporate office.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about OSI?   1 Answer
    • Tell me the specific details of the projects you worked on at XYZ company (a company that I worked at 10 years prior)   1 Answer
    • Did you complete the online application yet?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners (Tampa, FL) in June 2008.

Interview

Started with a phone screen and went in for a face to face. Got a phone call on an offer and declined it

weak career advancement. Lack of Tuition reimbursement

Take Out Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2008.

Interview

I spoke to a manager after applying, this is the key to getting in; if you just leave your application it will more than likely get added to a huge pile and lost among the others. They invited me back for an interview 1 on 1 with the manager. These are restaurant people, so you need to sell them on your personality, and the more experience you have the better. Don't lie. They check. Then I had to come back again for a IQ test, this questionnaire thing on how I'd handle different situations, and some other test. Finally, I was hired and I had to go yet again for this really long boring food class where they explain every item on the menu to you for like 4 hours, like your retarded and can't read it yourself. Finally, the training begins, which requires like 3-5 training shifts, depending on how quickly you pick it all up.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was really drunk and about to drive home?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay is set, although I hear if you stay there they eventually pay you up the wazzooo.

Managing Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners in May 2007.

Interview

The testing was intense and the interview was very demanding. The testing consisted of situational role play and math skills. The testing was based on multiple choice answers with agree - strongly agree to strongly disagree. I gathered that the best answers were either on extreme or the other. Choosing a strong position on an issue not being wishy washy is important.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Outback Steakhouse?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners in February 2009.

Interview

Just practice and be prepared to tell them what your interests and goals. Research the company and be prepared to ask them questions.