OSI Restaurant Partners

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners.

Interview Details – Like some of the other Interview reviews posted, I received no notifications or follow-up to my interview process. Nothing to notify me that I didn't get the job.

I went in for a full day of round-robin interviews with 6 different people. Three months went by before they answered my inquiries about the position, and then they brought me in for ANOTHER full day of interviews with another 4 or 5 people. I thought it all went quite well, and I thought an offer would be forthcoming. But there was nothing.

I knew the hiring manager wanted me for the job, so after another 2 or 3 months I finally contacted him again, and was told that the last individual I interviewed with didn't like the answer to one of my questions, so it was no deal.

If someone has to be interviewed by a dozen people including a C-level executive, and the company doesn't let the hiring manager make the decision about who to hire, then they seem to have an issue with empowering the employees to make decisions. As someone who is used to working quickly and decisively, perhaps it's a good thing I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? Because I answered it honestly, it cost me the job.   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Coordinator Interview

Corporate Communications Coordinator
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners in June 2012.

Interview Details – I've found OSI / Bloomin' Brands to be rude and dismissive toward applicants for positions at its corporate headquarters.

Had two phone screens with contract recruiters, and a detailed phone screen by the hiring manager. The HM told me they would be back in touch in 3 weeks when they were done screening applicants, to choose those for 1-on-1 interviews.

She and the recruiter never closed the loop. I would have been satisfied with a "thanks but no thanks" email, but apparently that was beyond them. (Note: I called the recruiter twice - leaving a message once. Called the hiring manager once, didn't leave a message. Emailed her once. I don't see that as stalking.)

Interview Question – What do you expect as far as compensation goes?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners in March 2012.

Interview Details – interviewed with HR on phone, interviewed with mgr on the phone, interviewed with 4 people -each was 1:1 at the in person interview - 4 hours total. had to pay for my own parking at their building took them 1 month to notify me I was not chosen

Interview Question – none of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Leasing Interview

Leasing
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was scheduled but just before the phone interview I received a call stating the human resource person needed to reschedule. I understand that things come up but this happened two (2) more times before we actually had the phone interview. It felt like she had no concern for my time because most of the cancellations were done after she was late for the scheduled phone interview. I also had the impression that she was irritated because I provided the person who was hiring with my resume before I applied on line. Most of the questions were unrelated to the actual job and I felt like the person interviewing had no idea how to evaluate the skill level necessary for the position. She also pushed for detailed examples of work I performed at companies 10 years ago. While the general e experiences are easily related th detailed specifics just didn't come to me after 10 years. There are good people at the company but my experience with the human resource department has made it so I have absolutely no interest in working in their corporate office.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about OSI?   View Answer
  • Tell me the specific details of the projects you worked on at XYZ company (a company that I worked at 10 years prior)   View Answer
  • Did you complete the online application yet?   View Answer

Development Interview

Development
Tampa, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was well organized, but the time allotted for each was too short. They promised that I would be hearing from them very soon. After that day, I did not hear anything for over three months and had written them off. Suddenly, I was called in for a second interview scheduled for the following day. That went well, but I never heard anything from them again. No email. No letter. No phone call. For such a well-respected company, you would think they would be up-front and honest, but their lack of communication and failure to respond to follow-up emails and phone calls just proved what type of organization they really are. I am glad that it never went any further and would advise others to proceed with caution.

Interview Question – All of their questions were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Tampa, FL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at OSI Restaurant Partners in June 2008.

Interview Details – Started with a phone screen and went in for a face to face. Got a phone call on an offer and declined it

Interview Question – what are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – weak career advancement. Lack of Tuition reimbursement

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for OSI Restaurant Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OSI Restaurant Partners interview questions and advice in Tampa, FL. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by OSI Restaurant Partners employees and interview candidates.