OSI Systems Interview Questions

2.7

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OSI Systems in February 2013.

Got into a phone conversation with the engineering director, and he was very impressed with my credentials and liked my personality. I flew in to Hawthorne a week later to do an on-site interview, but it was basically just the director showing me around the site, and walk me through a detailed descriptions of the product they were making. It was definitely very eye-opening to see the technologies being employed. I was told by him at the end of the day that I would be given the job, but he has to report to his superior about this.

Two weeks later I was notified that I was not offered the job because the director's superior wanted to hire someone who had more experiences than i did. It was a shame, since I would have gotten the position, if he was given the green light. Still it was a very pleasant experiences to talk to the people there, and the director was very personable and friendly to talk to. All traveling expenses were paid for by them.

The only downside to the whole experiences was the engineering site looked like a dilapidated machine shop with equipments lying all around, and the people working there were pretty much all hourly rate assembly workers. The work environment was definitely sub-par and not sanitized; It was more so like a factory than an office, which I was not expecting.

Interview Questions
    • It was basically just me listening to his breakdown of the product for 5 hours (got into the really technical side of the electronics)   Answer Question

Director IT Solutions - Spacelabs Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OSI Systems in September 2010.

I ran across a posting for this job by one of the "meta" job search engines. I read and and dismissed it, it seemed like a role that would be junior compared to my current job. Late August I received a call from their recruiter. He explained that he ran across my resume on the internet and had previewed it with the hiring manager for the "Director IT Solutions" position and he was "very impressed" with my background and wanted to schedule an interview. I told that recruiter that I would prefer a phone interview first. He said he would arrange it and get back to me.

Well a month passes. So I pick up the phone and call the recruiter. He apologizes that no one has gotten back to me and explains that he will talk to the hiring manager to get an update. The recruiter phones me five minutes later with a proposed time to interview in-person, either forgetting or dismissing that I preferred a phone interview as a first step. So I agree to the interview.

A couple of days later I go to their offices to meet with the hiring manager. One hour was scheduled. The actually interview spanned one hour and forty five minutes. I thought it went well.

I followed up that evening by spending the hiring manager a "thank you" email.

Another month passes with out any follow up from this company or its recruiter. I never heard a word from them. Very discourteous to say the least considering I didn't apply for this job they came to me and asked me to interview.

Highly disorganized to say the least and discourteous at best.

IT Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OSI Systems.

The interview was not very technical. The boss was in a remote location so all interviews were conducted over the phone. They were looking for me to extrapolate on my own experience.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about my past experience. They went for some obscure references in my past.   Answer Question
    I told them what I wanted in terms of salary. They waited until the day I had to accept or decline and then sent me the offer letter listing a salary at 12K lower than what I asked. Take it or leave it.

India Head of R&D Operation Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OSI Systems in December 2010.

Interview was well planned across multiple levels which also included subordinate level of interview. At each round, there was new set of questions.. implying previous round feedback was analysed well by next level panel. I would rate the interview process - Excellent.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to be very specific about. Would not like to disclose   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at OSI Systems in October 2010.

I was directly recruited by the Vice President of the company, the HR was a rubber stamp so just followed instructions. Rest just followed and I joined and operated from Delhi office.

Interview Questions
    Did not require to negotiate

R&D Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at OSI Systems in May 2010.

It was an telephonic interview they stressed mainly on Embedded systems.

Interview Questions
    • memory size of unsigned int and signed int interms of bytes   Answer Question