OSIsoft Customer Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014

3.5

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft.

Applied online for Engineer position, heard back within two weeks and was asked for a phone interview. Was interviewed for customer support engineer (some goof up?!!). It was a normal HR round and the interview lasted for about 25 minutes. It was more like a conversation rather than an interview and the recruiter seemed friendly. The next stages were a technical phone interview and then an on-site interview. Topics like - 'My goals', 'Company's goals and overview', 'Location preference' were discussed.

Other Interview Reviews for OSIsoft

Customer Support Engineer Interview

A kind HR made me a phone call to introduce me something about the company. Then we talked about my resume. She asked me some questions about my resume. I think the most important thing is that you should say enough about your experience rather than just leaving them on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Say something about your accomplishment in your project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at OSIsoft in July 2014.

There was a large emphasis on knowing "troubleshooting", which basically means if you know how to fix computers. Most of the questions revolve around if you know how to fix your own computer, if you run into a problem how do you use technical support for help. It's a very particular kind of individual they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • If you run into a problem and your computer crashed, how would you report your problem to Microsoft Support Desk?   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Had two interviews - one at my college campus and another at the company site. Interviewed with 4 people at the company. Each interview was about 45 minutes long. They asked behavioral and technical questions. Most technical questions were basic definitions of computer-related things. Spoke with one HR and three engineers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at OSIsoft.

I applied online and then I had the phone interview and got invited to on site interview. I haven't yet attended it. It was an hour phone interview, very friendly. I asked my own questions and then answered to basically behavioral and then some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Troubleshooting in computers, behavioral question: why did you apply here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Spoke with a recruiter at a job fair, then interviewed on campus the next day. The recruiter was very enthusiastic, said he thought I would be an awesome fit with the company and was putting in a recommendation to fly me up to San Leandro for an on-site interview. Upon arriving to the interview, the environment was completely different than I expected. Everybody there seemed like they thought very highly of themselves (Everyone, HR, Engineers, Training Managers....you name it) and everyone was very secretive like they were protecting themselves from something.

It almost seemed like an eerie cult. Every door you walked through seemed to have a special person with a wireless key to let you in and out even though the interview took place at a human resources office that was in a different location than the main offices.

The theme of secrecy continued throughout the interview. They do not like disclosing information about....well....anything. If you ask them a question, they respond by saying, "Well what would you like to know about *insert topic you asked about here*". If they ask you a question and you ask a counter question, they will say "We do not disclose that information."

It was a very strange atmosphere and I am honestly quite shocked at all of the people talking about how laid back and friendly the environment is there. I am glad I didn't receive an offer. The environment there was kind of scary.....

Interview Questions
    • Something about the minimum number of integers, and the actual integers that you can add up to 40.   View Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at OSIsoft in January 2014.

Got interview from campus career fair. The interview is about 30 min and is basically about behavior questions, like, what is your dream job? what makes you unique for OSIsoft? Then the excel question pops out. How do you troubleshooting an excel document if it can not be clicked opened. The recruiters were pretty nice and talked about a lot of daily conversation. At the end, they asked for more questions about them. Got email notice about refusal in 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you troubleshoot an excel document which can not be opened?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

There was one phone screen and on-site interview. For the phone screen, a current Support Engineer interviewed me and asked me a mix of technical and behavioral questions. At the end of the conversation, I was told I would know whether or not I would be invited for an on-site interview within a week. I received an e-mail from HR less than a week later.

The on-site interview had multiple components: one interview with an engineer in the Field Service department, one with an HR representative, one with a programmer and one with an engineer in the Techincal Support department. It was mostly behavioral-based, but the programmer did ask me some brainteasers. At the end of the interview, I was told I would receive news of an offer, or no offer, within two weeks. A week later, I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected. The brainteasers are straightforward, and there is a correct answer (which differs from some other software companies in the bay).   Answer Question
    I asked for a slightly higher offer, but they said they were giving me the maximum amount for my position.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft.

First phone interview, introduce yourself, tell them about your experience, and then talk about your resume; and ask the question you are curious about for OSIsoft;

Second talk with the engineer at the place you want to apply;

Third, on going, interview with engineer in their main site;

Fourth, on site..

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your most difficulty you meet in your xx project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in November 2013.

First Interview: Phone Interview - Lasted about 30 minutes. Talked about the job, aspirations, qualifications. Asked Question 1. Fairly straightforward.

Second Interview: Didn't hear back for a long time (3-4 weeks) about a second interview. Got an e-mail asking if I would like to come out to Philadelphia. Spent a couple of days hashing out the logistics of when and where I would fly out. Note: They do not plan your itinerary for you. You have to plan it with a travel agency. Flew out to Philadelphia - stayed at Sheraton Philadelphia Airport Suites. There is public transit from the airport to the downtown Philadelphia. There is also a shuttle to and from the hotel and the airport.

Interview for me consisted of 5 people, with two of those people over conference call and video chat. I happened to come in when a lot of people were out of towm.

First Person: Conference call. Asked about my aspirations and experience, similar to the first phone interview. Asked Question 2.

Second Person: In person- This person was the riddle person. He asked three questions: Questions 3-5

Third Person: Video conference- Pretty much the same as the first person. No technical questions.

Forth Person: In person - Talked about OSIsoft overall as well as asking logistical questions in terms of preference of start date and salary information.

Fifth Person: This person was another technical question person - Asked questions 6-8

Interview Questions
    • Question 1: You have a railroad track that run along the equator of the earth. You build a second railroad track exactly one meter above the first track. What is the increase in length?   View Answers (4)
    • Question 2: You have a word document that doesn't printer 6's or 8's. How do you trouble shoot it and what's the issue?   View Answer
    • Question 3: Write a program in whatever language you like that solves for the factorial of a number.   View Answers (2)
    • Question 4: You have a round cake with icing on the sides and top of the cake. You want 8 equal slices with equal volume of cake and equal area of icing. You can only cut the cake three times. How do you do it?   View Answer
    • Question 5: You have a vehicle on a flat surface and need to measure the weight of the vehicle with just a ruler. How do you do it?   View Answer

Worked for OSIsoft? Contribute to the Community!