OSIsoft

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter at a job fair, then interviewed on campus the next day. The recruiter was very enthusiastic, said he thought I would be an awesome fit with the company and was putting in a recommendation to fly me up to San Leandro for an on-site interview. Upon arriving to the interview, the environment was completely different than I expected. Everybody there seemed like they thought very highly of themselves (Everyone, HR, Engineers, Training Managers....you name it) and everyone was very secretive like they were protecting themselves from something.

It almost seemed like an eerie cult. Every door you walked through seemed to have a special person with a wireless key to let you in and out even though the interview took place at a human resources office that was in a different location than the main offices.

The theme of secrecy continued throughout the interview. They do not like disclosing information about....well....anything. If you ask them a question, they respond by saying, "Well what would you like to know about *insert topic you asked about here*". If they ask you a question and you ask a counter question, they will say "We do not disclose that information."

It was a very strange atmosphere and I am honestly quite shocked at all of the people talking about how laid back and friendly the environment is there. I am glad I didn't receive an offer. The environment there was kind of scary.....

Interview Question – Something about the minimum number of integers, and the actual integers that you can add up to 40.   View Answer

Interviewed at OSIsoft

Interview Details – Had two interviews - one at my college campus and another at the company site. Interviewed with 4 people at the company. Each interview was about 45 minutes long. They asked behavioral and technical questions. Most technical questions were basic definitions of computer-related things. Spoke with one HR and three engineers

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview Details – I applied online and then I had the phone interview and got invited to on site interview. I haven't yet attended it. It was an hour phone interview, very friendly. I asked my own questions and then answered to basically behavioral and then some technical questions.

Interview Question – Troubleshooting in computers, behavioral question: why did you apply here?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Support Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview first. They asked mostly behavioral questions and one or two questions involving basic calculations/dimensional analysis. Then I was invited to an on-site interview, where I met with some individuals from HR, the tech support team, and field service people. Some questions were related to trouble-shooting computer software problems

Interview Question – One person asked me to describe and give examples of different modes of heat transfer.   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OSIsoft in January 2014.

Interview Details – Got interview from campus career fair. The interview is about 30 min and is basically about behavior questions, like, what is your dream job? what makes you unique for OSIsoft? Then the excel question pops out. How do you troubleshooting an excel document if it can not be clicked opened. The recruiters were pretty nice and talked about a lot of daily conversation. At the end, they asked for more questions about them. Got email notice about refusal in 3 weeks.

Interview Question – How do you troubleshoot an excel document which can not be opened?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in November 2013.

Interview Details – First Interview: Phone Interview - Lasted about 30 minutes. Talked about the job, aspirations, qualifications. Asked Question 1. Fairly straightforward.

Second Interview: Didn't hear back for a long time (3-4 weeks) about a second interview. Got an e-mail asking if I would like to come out to Philadelphia. Spent a couple of days hashing out the logistics of when and where I would fly out. Note: They do not plan your itinerary for you. You have to plan it with a travel agency. Flew out to Philadelphia - stayed at Sheraton Philadelphia Airport Suites. There is public transit from the airport to the downtown Philadelphia. There is also a shuttle to and from the hotel and the airport.

Interview for me consisted of 5 people, with two of those people over conference call and video chat. I happened to come in when a lot of people were out of towm.

First Person: Conference call. Asked about my aspirations and experience, similar to the first phone interview. Asked Question 2.

Second Person: In person- This person was the riddle person. He asked three questions: Questions 3-5

Third Person: Video conference- Pretty much the same as the first person. No technical questions.

Forth Person: In person - Talked about OSIsoft overall as well as asking logistical questions in terms of preference of start date and salary information.

Fifth Person: This person was another technical question person - Asked questions 6-8

Interview Questions

• Question 1: You have a railroad track that run along the equator of the earth. You build a second railroad track exactly one meter above the first track. What is the increase in length?   View Answers (4)
  • Question 2: You have a word document that doesn't printer 6's or 8's. How do you trouble shoot it and what's the issue?   View Answer
  • Question 3: Write a program in whatever language you like that solves for the factorial of a number.   View Answers (2)
  • Question 4: You have a round cake with icing on the sides and top of the cake. You want 8 equal slices with equal volume of cake and equal area of icing. You can only cut the cake three times. How do you do it?   View Answer
  • Question 5: You have a vehicle on a flat surface and need to measure the weight of the vehicle with just a ruler. How do you do it?   View Answer

San Leandro, CA

Interview Details – I applied to OSISoft after coming to know about this opening at university career services. First was a telephone interview which lasted one hour in October 2013. Phone interview was mostly resume based and one puzzle (a rail track goes around the equator....). Then I was invited for on-site interview at San Leandro office. On-site interview consisted of 1 HR interview and 3 technical interview. Again most of the questions are already listed here on Glassdoor so I will add only those questions that are not listed here. Overall, everyone was fair and interview process was good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Interviewed at OSIsoft

Interview Details – There was one phone screen and on-site interview. For the phone screen, a current Support Engineer interviewed me and asked me a mix of technical and behavioral questions. At the end of the conversation, I was told I would know whether or not I would be invited for an on-site interview within a week. I received an e-mail from HR less than a week later.

The on-site interview had multiple components: one interview with an engineer in the Field Service department, one with an HR representative, one with a programmer and one with an engineer in the Techincal Support department. It was mostly behavioral-based, but the programmer did ask me some brainteasers. At the end of the interview, I was told I would receive news of an offer, or no offer, within two weeks. A week later, I received the offer.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected. The brainteasers are straightforward, and there is a correct answer (which differs from some other software companies in the bay).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a slightly higher offer, but they said they were giving me the maximum amount for my position.

Customer Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview Details – First phone interview, introduce yourself, tell them about your experience, and then talk about your resume; and ask the question you are curious about for OSIsoft;

Second talk with the engineer at the place you want to apply;

Third, on going, interview with engineer in their main site;

Fourth, on site..

Interview Question – Talk about your most difficulty you meet in your xx project   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Support Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college/university recruiting and had the initial interview on campus. The initial interview was fairly easy and straightforward and afterwards I was flown out to interview on site. The entire onsite interview takes about five hours and is pretty intensive. Know some basic programming and some of the trick questions found on here.

Interview Question – How many golf balls can you fit in a schoolbus?   Answer Question

Worked for OSIsoft? Contribute to the Community!