OSIsoft

Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.4

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft.

First round phone interview. This round was pretty long, lasted about an hour -- much longer than expected. It consisted of basic behavioral stuff, "tell me about a time..." as well as very little technical questions, i.e., "tell me what you'd do if Excel didn't start". If you read other glassdoor reviews here, you'll basically get their interviewing recipe, and nothing will be a "what the heck" moment.

Second round was on site and consisted of 5 interviews. I showed up, her 30-45 mins with the recruiter as the first interview. Basic behavioral stuff, "tell me about a time...", go over resume. Second interviewer was the group leader of either customer support or field service, and again was mostly behavioral stuff. Third interviewer was was again group leader of either field service or customer support. Fourth interview was technical and brain-teasers. I was asked to calculate how many golf balls fit in a school bus. Had to come up with a number. Another question was if you're in a canoe with a heavy rock and you throw the rock out of the canoe, what happens to the water level. Finally was asked to write an algorithm on the board for calculating the square root of a number in any language I'd like.

Other Interview Reviews for OSIsoft

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in October 2014.

On-site interview, most are behavior questions and not difficult to answer. Had a pleasant talk with the interviewer and was told will get a on-site interview. After 10 days of the on-campus interview, got an email from HR saying they will choose other other candidates.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

ask you a bunch of brain teasers, make you write simple code.
    Ask how many golf balls you can fit in a bus
    Weighing scale question where you can make only one measurement and you have to determine which ball weighs different. 10 pound ball vs 9 pound ball

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in October 2014.

Phone interview: mainly go through your resume and talk about your experiences. Basic HR questions and some technical questions which are based on troubleshooting techniques. Interviewer was patient and listening. Not very experienced so was not able to answer some questions regarding the company. There are some reviews that speak about brainteasers but i found no mention of it during the interview process but be prepared for some unexpected or obscure question regarding your work experience or resume.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in October 2014.

I applied through college or university. Phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with a manager. Called for on-site interview where I had 4 one-on-one interviews. After on-site interview another phone interview with a manager. After a week of this process, got an email from HR saying that they will look for other candidates that more closely match their requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Most are behavior questions and not difficult to answer. The questions are open ended HR questions like, what do you think you'd be doing in 5 years and 10 years. So difficult to gauge their response.   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft.

Applied online for Engineer position, heard back within two weeks and was asked for a phone interview. Was interviewed for customer support engineer (some goof up?!!). It was a normal HR round and the interview lasted for about 25 minutes. It was more like a conversation rather than an interview and the recruiter seemed friendly. The next stages were a technical phone interview and then an on-site interview. Topics like - 'My goals', 'Company's goals and overview', 'Location preference' were discussed.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

A kind HR made me a phone call to introduce me something about the company. Then we talked about my resume. She asked me some questions about my resume. I think the most important thing is that you should say enough about your experience rather than just leaving them on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Say something about your accomplishment in your project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in July 2014.

There was a large emphasis on knowing "troubleshooting", which basically means if you know how to fix computers. Most of the questions revolve around if you know how to fix your own computer, if you run into a problem how do you use technical support for help. It's a very particular kind of individual they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • If you run into a problem and your computer crashed, how would you report your problem to Microsoft Support Desk?   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Had two interviews - one at my college campus and another at the company site. Interviewed with 4 people at the company. Each interview was about 45 minutes long. They asked behavioral and technical questions. Most technical questions were basic definitions of computer-related things. Spoke with one HR and three engineers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at OSIsoft.

I applied online and then I had the phone interview and got invited to on site interview. I haven't yet attended it. It was an hour phone interview, very friendly. I asked my own questions and then answered to basically behavioral and then some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Troubleshooting in computers, behavioral question: why did you apply here?   Answer Question