OSIsoft

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

3.3

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at OSIsoft.

Appied online. Invited for a Phone interview. The interviewer is nice and friendly. He started with the company and job introduction. Then behavior questions and how to troubleshoot a PC problem.

Why OSIsoft, Why this position, why software company, what you gain from it?
How to handle pressure?
Anything very stressful?
What achievement you're proud of
Why use the programming language and describe
Encounter any technical challenges?
How to keep up with the latest technology?

Troubleshoot questions:
Tell me about your computer
Excel not start up
Web cannot be accessed
Application not work in your computer

Do you have any questions for him/her?
He said I would hear back from him or other HR person in two weeks.

Other Interview Reviews for OSIsoft

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OSIsoft.

I attended my campus' career fair and spoke to OSIsoft. They were conducting on-campus interviews the following day so I signed up for a spot. The same lady that I spoke to at the career fair was the only interviewer present and the interview was very informal. She, like me, also had a chemical engineering degree. The questions asked tested creativity but there were technical questions as well. Most of the questions were related to computer software and hardware. This really came as a surprise as I thought some questions were going to be more relevant to my chemical engineering background.

Interview Questions
    • There is a railroad track that is built around the circumference of the earth. How much track, in length, would need to be added, so that the track is now 1 foot off the ground?   View Answer
    • What should I do if I can't open my Microsoft Word file?   Answer Question
    • If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about the computer you use?   Answer Question
    • Our company wants to buy a computer. What steps would you take to purchase the right computer?   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OSIsoft.

I went to a career fair and met the recruiters in their booth, they took my paper resume and told me I'd be contacted in 2 weeks. Later that day I got invited to on-campus interview the next day. Scheduling was easy and pleasant, during the interview the interviewers were very friendly and offered a lot of insight about the company, the roles I could fill, and the career progression I could expect. The questions were more on the behavioral side.

Interview Questions
    • How would you solve the problem when a program crashes? Describe a management problem you've encountered and solved   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft.

First round phone interview. This round was pretty long, lasted about an hour -- much longer than expected. It consisted of basic behavioral stuff, "tell me about a time..." as well as very little technical questions, i.e., "tell me what you'd do if Excel didn't start". If you read other glassdoor reviews here, you'll basically get their interviewing recipe, and nothing will be a "what the heck" moment.

Second round was on site and consisted of 5 interviews. I showed up, her 30-45 mins with the recruiter as the first interview. Basic behavioral stuff, "tell me about a time...", go over resume. Second interviewer was the group leader of either customer support or field service, and again was mostly behavioral stuff. Third interviewer was was again group leader of either field service or customer support. Fourth interview was technical and brain-teasers. I was asked to calculate how many golf balls fit in a school bus. Had to come up with a number. Another question was if you're in a canoe with a heavy rock and you throw the rock out of the canoe, what happens to the water level. Finally was asked to write an algorithm on the board for calculating the square root of a number in any language I'd like.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in October 2014.

On-site interview, most are behavior questions and not difficult to answer. Had a pleasant talk with the interviewer and was told will get a on-site interview. After 10 days of the on-campus interview, got an email from HR saying they will choose other other candidates.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

ask you a bunch of brain teasers, make you write simple code.
    Ask how many golf balls you can fit in a bus
    Weighing scale question where you can make only one measurement and you have to determine which ball weighs different. 10 pound ball vs 9 pound ball

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in October 2014.

Phone interview: mainly go through your resume and talk about your experiences. Basic HR questions and some technical questions which are based on troubleshooting techniques. Interviewer was patient and listening. Not very experienced so was not able to answer some questions regarding the company. There are some reviews that speak about brainteasers but i found no mention of it during the interview process but be prepared for some unexpected or obscure question regarding your work experience or resume.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in October 2014.

I applied through college or university. Phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with a manager. Called for on-site interview where I had 4 one-on-one interviews. After on-site interview another phone interview with a manager. After a week of this process, got an email from HR saying that they will look for other candidates that more closely match their requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Most are behavior questions and not difficult to answer. The questions are open ended HR questions like, what do you think you'd be doing in 5 years and 10 years. So difficult to gauge their response.   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft.

Applied online for Engineer position, heard back within two weeks and was asked for a phone interview. Was interviewed for customer support engineer (some goof up?!!). It was a normal HR round and the interview lasted for about 25 minutes. It was more like a conversation rather than an interview and the recruiter seemed friendly. The next stages were a technical phone interview and then an on-site interview. Topics like - 'My goals', 'Company's goals and overview', 'Location preference' were discussed.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

A kind HR made me a phone call to introduce me something about the company. Then we talked about my resume. She asked me some questions about my resume. I think the most important thing is that you should say enough about your experience rather than just leaving them on the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Say something about your accomplishment in your project.   Answer Question