OSIsoft

Average Difficulty
74 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at OSIsoft

Interview Details – A kind HR made me a phone call to introduce me something about the company. Then we talked about my resume. She asked me some questions about my resume. I think the most important thing is that you should say enough about your experience rather than just leaving them on the resume.

Interview Question – Say something about your accomplishment in your project.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Brea, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at OSIsoft in July 2014.

Interview Details – There was a large emphasis on knowing "troubleshooting", which basically means if you know how to fix computers. Most of the questions revolve around if you know how to fix your own computer, if you run into a problem how do you use technical support for help. It's a very particular kind of individual they are looking for.

Interview Question – If you run into a problem and your computer crashed, how would you report your problem to Microsoft Support Desk?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support
San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Interview Details – Found OSIsoft at a university job fair. Over a month later I got an email for a phone interview with HR. For that interview I talked with one person from HR for 30 minutes. It was a good interview, all behavioral questions, nothing difficult. About 2 weeks later I had a Skype interview (they asked me whether I wanted a phone or Skype interview), where I interviewed with 2 Tech Support team leads. It was an hour long interview, still lots of behavioral questions, no hard technical questions. Mostly questions about what I've done programming-wise, and impromptu questions to make sure I knew what I was talking about. Offered the job the following week I believe.

Interview Question – What is a recursive statement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had to leave the internship a month earlier than the proposed duration. It wasn't a problem and they were very flexible with me.

San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter at a job fair, then interviewed on campus the next day. The recruiter was very enthusiastic, said he thought I would be an awesome fit with the company and was putting in a recommendation to fly me up to San Leandro for an on-site interview. Upon arriving to the interview, the environment was completely different than I expected. Everybody there seemed like they thought very highly of themselves (Everyone, HR, Engineers, Training Managers....you name it) and everyone was very secretive like they were protecting themselves from something.

It almost seemed like an eerie cult. Every door you walked through seemed to have a special person with a wireless key to let you in and out even though the interview took place at a human resources office that was in a different location than the main offices.

The theme of secrecy continued throughout the interview. They do not like disclosing information about....well....anything. If you ask them a question, they respond by saying, "Well what would you like to know about *insert topic you asked about here*". If they ask you a question and you ask a counter question, they will say "We do not disclose that information."

It was a very strange atmosphere and I am honestly quite shocked at all of the people talking about how laid back and friendly the environment is there. I am glad I didn't receive an offer. The environment there was kind of scary.....

Interview Question – Something about the minimum number of integers, and the actual integers that you can add up to 40.   View Answer

Software Engineer (Customer Support Engineer) Interview

Software Engineer (Customer Support Engineer)
San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an e-mail for skype interview. I did the skype interview and within a week they invited me for on-site interview. The interview was great and not very hard as I expected. Mostly behavioral questions, but knowing things about computers is very useful as those questions will be asked.

Interview Question – Most unexpected failure you had?
active directory?
troubleshooting programs that freeze etc.?
  Answer Question

Interviewed at OSIsoft

Interview Details – Had two interviews - one at my college campus and another at the company site. Interviewed with 4 people at the company. Each interview was about 45 minutes long. They asked behavioral and technical questions. Most technical questions were basic definitions of computer-related things. Spoke with one HR and three engineers

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview Details – I applied online and then I had the phone interview and got invited to on site interview. I haven't yet attended it. It was an hour phone interview, very friendly. I asked my own questions and then answered to basically behavioral and then some technical questions.

Interview Question – Troubleshooting in computers, behavioral question: why did you apply here?   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview first. They asked mostly behavioral questions and one or two questions involving basic calculations/dimensional analysis. Then I was invited to an on-site interview, where I met with some individuals from HR, the tech support team, and field service people. Some questions were related to trouble-shooting computer software problems

Interview Question – One person asked me to describe and give examples of different modes of heat transfer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and the recruiter contacted me and asked me to send a few code samples that I have worked on previously.

Later I was scheduled for a phone screen with a technical lead. He reviewed the code that i had already sent and asked me few questions about the same. He asked me few technical questions about java.

There was a coding question for which we shared screen and did pair coding.

Interview Question – 1. Write a program to check if an integer is a palindrome. Was asked to improve on the code - gave him 4 or 5 different algorithms.

2. Basic java questions.
3. Code review of the code I already sent them.
  Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Intern Interview

Technical Support Engineer Intern

Interviewed at OSIsoft

Interview Details – Spoke to representative at career fair, had a brief on-spot interview that was slightly technical (what do you do when a customer comes to you with an issue?, etc.), was contacted 2 months later for a phone interview. Phone interview was entirely behavioral questions or tell-me-about-yourself type questions. Next steps would be to wait to hear back then arrange video or on-site interview with hiring managers.

Interview Question – Which 3 adjectives most describe you?   Answer Question

Worked for OSIsoft? Contribute to the Community!