OSIsoft

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft.

First round phone interview. This round was pretty long, lasted about an hour -- much longer than expected. It consisted of basic behavioral stuff, "tell me about a time..." as well as very little technical questions, i.e., "tell me what you'd do if Excel didn't start". If you read other glassdoor reviews here, you'll basically get their interviewing recipe, and nothing will be a "what the heck" moment.

Second round was on site and consisted of 5 interviews. I showed up, her 30-45 mins with the recruiter as the first interview. Basic behavioral stuff, "tell me about a time...", go over resume. Second interviewer was the group leader of either customer support or field service, and again was mostly behavioral stuff. Third interviewer was was again group leader of either field service or customer support. Fourth interview was technical and brain-teasers. I was asked to calculate how many golf balls fit in a school bus. Had to come up with a number. Another question was if you're in a canoe with a heavy rock and you throw the rock out of the canoe, what happens to the water level. Finally was asked to write an algorithm on the board for calculating the square root of a number in any language I'd like.

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft.

Began with Career Fair - Asked to interview next day at College

College campus interview -
    Standard questions mentioned in previous interview reviews.
    How to troubleshoot excel files.
    Tell me about your computer.
    If you could have any job in the world, fictional or real, what would be? BE CREATIVE
    Q: Track around the equator, raised up one meter
    Q. You have three cookies, 2 smaller ones, 1 large one, and a knife, You can eat either the two small ones, or the large one. How would you know which ones to eat if you wanted to eat the most?
    A. Cut the cookies into quarters by slicing in half twice, Take a quarter from the two smaller ones and make a right angle, and use the larger one as the hypotenuse of the right triangle. This equates to a^2+b^2=c^2 and you can compare the areas.

Second round in Philly-
    Interviewed with a total of 7 people.
    First group of two were technical:
    Q: Write a program to find the square root without math functions
    A: Couple of functions - n/2 then find the error and compare to n +-.001
    Q: Rock in a boat in a pool, you throw rock into pool, what happens to the level of the water in the pool
    A: Density of item determines the pool level rise
    Q:How many golf balls in a school bus
    A:500,000

Second group:
    Background info, resume stuff
    Q:Write an infinite loop function
    Q: I had worked with SQL a little - write a SQL statement or query

Third:
    Q: Code a function to find the factorial
    Q: Explain to me your internship work experience as if I were a 5-10 year old.

Fourth:
    Basic behavioral questions

Fifth:
    Basic behavioral questions

A week later was told we have decided to pursue other candidates that more closely match our requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to find the square root without math functions   Answer Question
    • Rock in a boat in a pool, you throw rock into pool, what happens to the level of the water in the pool   Answer Question
    • Code a function to find the factorial   Answer Question
    • How many golf balls in a school bus   Answer Question
    • You have three cookies, 2 smaller ones, 1 large one, and a knife, You can eat either the two small ones, or the large one. How would you know which ones to eat if you wanted to eat the most?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OSIsoft.

Met at a university career fair. Given a very brief screening interview and set up a formal interview for another day. There I was asked a very broad range of technical questions. I was given a soft offer for the internship.
    Had phone interview a few days later but his one covered personality questions. Given another soft offer.
    About a week later I received a formal offer in writing.

Interview Questions
    • Broad technical questions relating to security. Mostly centers on database and web security.   Answer Question
    They gave me a written offer and 1 month to respond. It was good enougth that I accepted it on the spot.

Software Engineer Interview

The on-site interview consisted of a string of meetings with a variety of engineers, each of whom had their own sets of questions, which were a combination of skill and experience. It was unclear how the interviewers and order were decided, but there was a lot of being led from office to office. There were opportunities to meet those who you would be working for, and a brief tour around the space. There was plenty opportunity for questions and they called back to follow up with their decision in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions mostly focused on algorithms and general concepts, rather then writing in a specific language.   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in October 2014.

On-site interview, most are behavior questions and not difficult to answer. Had a pleasant talk with the interviewer and was told will get a on-site interview. After 10 days of the on-campus interview, got an email from HR saying they will choose other other candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at OSIsoft.

Apply on campus. Interview on campus. The interview consists of basic tech questions and behavior questions. Pretty easy question: what is programming? What is the difference between heap and stack? There is also a algorithm question: search in a sorted array.

Interview Questions
    • A large question: What is the advantages of C++ over C?   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in October 2014.

Phone interview: mainly go through your resume and talk about your experiences. Basic HR questions and some technical questions which are based on troubleshooting techniques. Interviewer was patient and listening. Not very experienced so was not able to answer some questions regarding the company. There are some reviews that speak about brainteasers but i found no mention of it during the interview process but be prepared for some unexpected or obscure question regarding your work experience or resume.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in October 2014.

I applied through college or university. Phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with a manager. Called for on-site interview where I had 4 one-on-one interviews. After on-site interview another phone interview with a manager. After a week of this process, got an email from HR saying that they will look for other candidates that more closely match their requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Most are behavior questions and not difficult to answer. The questions are open ended HR questions like, what do you think you'd be doing in 5 years and 10 years. So difficult to gauge their response.   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

ask you a bunch of brain teasers, make you write simple code.
    Ask how many golf balls you can fit in a bus
    Weighing scale question where you can make only one measurement and you have to determine which ball weighs different. 10 pound ball vs 9 pound ball

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in September 2014.

I interviewed with OSIsoft recently. First a recruiter contacted me and asked me to submit sample code and also answer 2 questions 1) Describe an event in your past that you are proud of 2) Why did you use that language in writing your code
    After a few weeks I heard back from them asking to schedule a phone interview. After scheduling, the engineer fell sick and it had to be rescheduled.
    The actual interview was not hard. We collaborated on a shared programming screen where he asked questions about the code I submitted; mainly concerning the design and clarity of the code.
    Next he gave a question(I cannot reveal actual question) but it was not hard. I guess the trick was to find out if you are observant. The solution is actually easy but the question has intentional vagueness to see if you will clarify before beginning the code.
    After, he asked what test cases I will use for testing code, and ran a test suite on my code. My code passed all tests.
    He then asked a couple of behavioral questions.

I was pretty confident interview went well but after 2 weeks of not hearing back, I emailed only to get a rejection reply.