OSIsoft

3.3

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer (Customer Support Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft.

Applied online and received an e-mail for skype interview. I did the skype interview and within a week they invited me for on-site interview. The interview was great and not very hard as I expected. Mostly behavioral questions, but knowing things about computers is very useful as those questions will be asked.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected failure you had?
      active directory?
      troubleshooting programs that freeze etc.?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Spoke with a recruiter at a job fair, then interviewed on campus the next day. The recruiter was very enthusiastic, said he thought I would be an awesome fit with the company and was putting in a recommendation to fly me up to San Leandro for an on-site interview. Upon arriving to the interview, the environment was completely different than I expected. Everybody there seemed like they thought very highly of themselves (Everyone, HR, Engineers, Training Managers....you name it) and everyone was very secretive like they were protecting themselves from something.

It almost seemed like an eerie cult. Every door you walked through seemed to have a special person with a wireless key to let you in and out even though the interview took place at a human resources office that was in a different location than the main offices.

The theme of secrecy continued throughout the interview. They do not like disclosing information about....well....anything. If you ask them a question, they respond by saying, "Well what would you like to know about *insert topic you asked about here*". If they ask you a question and you ask a counter question, they will say "We do not disclose that information."

It was a very strange atmosphere and I am honestly quite shocked at all of the people talking about how laid back and friendly the environment is there. I am glad I didn't receive an offer. The environment there was kind of scary.....

Interview Questions
    • Something about the minimum number of integers, and the actual integers that you can add up to 40.   View Answer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Found OSIsoft at a university job fair. Over a month later I got an email for a phone interview with HR. For that interview I talked with one person from HR for 30 minutes. It was a good interview, all behavioral questions, nothing difficult. About 2 weeks later I had a Skype interview (they asked me whether I wanted a phone or Skype interview), where I interviewed with 2 Tech Support team leads. It was an hour long interview, still lots of behavioral questions, no hard technical questions. Mostly questions about what I've done programming-wise, and impromptu questions to make sure I knew what I was talking about. Offered the job the following week I believe.

Interview Questions
    I had to leave the internship a month earlier than the proposed duration. It wasn't a problem and they were very flexible with me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in February 2014.

Long process. They met me @ career fair. Got a call after 3 weeks. The recruiter asked me to share my project code with one of the software engineer who had no clue. I was just describing him the functionality, explaining my object model. He asked me about the time complexity of one of the module. Lasted for like 45-50 min.
    Recruiter contacted me next week to schedule an onsite interview @ Oakland. At the start of the interview recruiter said 2 engineers will come and ask me questions related to different areas and depending on my capability they will move forward.
    One backend engineer came and asked me in depth concepts about C, threading, mulitprocessors and all. My forte was front end engineering and they asked everything except that. Some how I blabbered for an 1 hour what ever I knew.
    Second guy came and asked me all question related to software engineering, life cycle abstract question on how will you decide a language and all nonsense except algorithms.
    Was kicked off after that saying recruiter will contact me after a week. Knew it was a reject

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in January 2014.

Applied through university career site. Had one on campus interview ,and got invited to San Leando, CA two weeks later. All the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Know your object oriented programming.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

There was one phone screen and on-site interview. For the phone screen, a current Support Engineer interviewed me and asked me a mix of technical and behavioral questions. At the end of the conversation, I was told I would know whether or not I would be invited for an on-site interview within a week. I received an e-mail from HR less than a week later.

The on-site interview had multiple components: one interview with an engineer in the Field Service department, one with an HR representative, one with a programmer and one with an engineer in the Techincal Support department. It was mostly behavioral-based, but the programmer did ask me some brainteasers. At the end of the interview, I was told I would receive news of an offer, or no offer, within two weeks. A week later, I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected. The brainteasers are straightforward, and there is a correct answer (which differs from some other software companies in the bay).   Answer Question
    I asked for a slightly higher offer, but they said they were giving me the maximum amount for my position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in November 2013.

I applied to OSISoft after coming to know about this opening at university career services. First was a telephone interview which lasted one hour in October 2013. Phone interview was mostly resume based and one puzzle (a rail track goes around the equator....). Then I was invited for on-site interview at San Leandro office. On-site interview consisted of 1 HR interview and 3 technical interview. Again most of the questions are already listed here on Glassdoor so I will add only those questions that are not listed here. Overall, everyone was fair and interview process was good.

Did not negotiate

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in September 2013.

Was first contacted by email and asked to submit a code sample. Phone interview followed that discussed said code sample. Finally was brought in for an in person interview. This interview involved multiple people. Interviewers were somewhat laid back and very personable. Lunch was also provided which included a more informal q/a session with an employee.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few code based questions that required some creative thinking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft.

Had phone interview with typical questions listed here. Then had on-site interview. Consisted of 4 meetings with different people over 3 hours. I felt the company was rather too casual and unprofessional (one manager was wearing only a t-shirt and jeans). Perhaps, you should not wear a suit and tie to the interview? Also, the office and the area around the office were not very nice. Did not receive offer, but wasn't very impressed or interested after visiting the office. Job seems just like a glorified IT support position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in March 2013.

Met with a college recruiter on campus and submitted my resume. Applied online to the position then a couple of weeks after got a phone interview. Phone interview is about technical background through college and behavioral questions. Also there was some brain teaser questions. A couple of weeks after I got invited to the headquarters in San Leandro, CA for the 2nd round of interviews. Got interviewed by 4 different employees, one at a time (45 mins each). And thats it!

Interview Questions
    • What is HTML?
      Why do you want to work for OSIsoft?
      What is Cloud Storage?
      What other companies did you apply for?
      Why do you want to work for a software company?
      What's your strengths? Weaknesses?

Answer Question