OSIsoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support
San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Interview Details – Found OSIsoft at a university job fair. Over a month later I got an email for a phone interview with HR. For that interview I talked with one person from HR for 30 minutes. It was a good interview, all behavioral questions, nothing difficult. About 2 weeks later I had a Skype interview (they asked me whether I wanted a phone or Skype interview), where I interviewed with 2 Tech Support team leads. It was an hour long interview, still lots of behavioral questions, no hard technical questions. Mostly questions about what I've done programming-wise, and impromptu questions to make sure I knew what I was talking about. Offered the job the following week I believe.

Interview Question – What is a recursive statement?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had to leave the internship a month earlier than the proposed duration. It wasn't a problem and they were very flexible with me.

San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter at a job fair, then interviewed on campus the next day. The recruiter was very enthusiastic, said he thought I would be an awesome fit with the company and was putting in a recommendation to fly me up to San Leandro for an on-site interview. Upon arriving to the interview, the environment was completely different than I expected. Everybody there seemed like they thought very highly of themselves (Everyone, HR, Engineers, Training Managers....you name it) and everyone was very secretive like they were protecting themselves from something.

It almost seemed like an eerie cult. Every door you walked through seemed to have a special person with a wireless key to let you in and out even though the interview took place at a human resources office that was in a different location than the main offices.

The theme of secrecy continued throughout the interview. They do not like disclosing information about....well....anything. If you ask them a question, they respond by saying, "Well what would you like to know about *insert topic you asked about here*". If they ask you a question and you ask a counter question, they will say "We do not disclose that information."

It was a very strange atmosphere and I am honestly quite shocked at all of the people talking about how laid back and friendly the environment is there. I am glad I didn't receive an offer. The environment there was kind of scary.....

Interview Question – Something about the minimum number of integers, and the actual integers that you can add up to 40.   View Answer

Software Engineer (Customer Support Engineer) Interview

Software Engineer (Customer Support Engineer)
San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an e-mail for skype interview. I did the skype interview and within a week they invited me for on-site interview. The interview was great and not very hard as I expected. Mostly behavioral questions, but knowing things about computers is very useful as those questions will be asked.

Interview Question – Most unexpected failure you had?
active directory?
troubleshooting programs that freeze etc.?
  Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at OSIsoft in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university career site. Had one on campus interview ,and got invited to San Leando, CA two weeks later. All the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Question – Know your object oriented programming.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in September 2013.

Interview Details – Was first contacted by email and asked to submit a code sample. Phone interview followed that discussed said code sample. Finally was brought in for an in person interview. This interview involved multiple people. Interviewers were somewhat laid back and very personable. Lunch was also provided which included a more informal q/a session with an employee.

Interview Question – There were a few code based questions that required some creative thinking.   Answer Question

San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to OSISoft after coming to know about this opening at university career services. First was a telephone interview which lasted one hour in October 2013. Phone interview was mostly resume based and one puzzle (a rail track goes around the equator....). Then I was invited for on-site interview at San Leandro office. On-site interview consisted of 1 HR interview and 3 technical interview. Again most of the questions are already listed here on Glassdoor so I will add only those questions that are not listed here. Overall, everyone was fair and interview process was good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Interviewed at OSIsoft

Interview Details – There was one phone screen and on-site interview. For the phone screen, a current Support Engineer interviewed me and asked me a mix of technical and behavioral questions. At the end of the conversation, I was told I would know whether or not I would be invited for an on-site interview within a week. I received an e-mail from HR less than a week later.

The on-site interview had multiple components: one interview with an engineer in the Field Service department, one with an HR representative, one with a programmer and one with an engineer in the Techincal Support department. It was mostly behavioral-based, but the programmer did ask me some brainteasers. At the end of the interview, I was told I would receive news of an offer, or no offer, within two weeks. A week later, I received the offer.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected. The brainteasers are straightforward, and there is a correct answer (which differs from some other software companies in the bay).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a slightly higher offer, but they said they were giving me the maximum amount for my position.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
San Leandro, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen about 2 weeks after meeting the company at a job fair. The call took about 40 minutes and went over my resume and basic knowledge pertaining to the job description. Then I was called in for an onsite interview with 3 different people one at a time. Onsite total time ~ 3 hours.

Interview Question – They will ask you some test questions regarding programming and some logic riddles at any stage of the interview process. Be warmed up and don't take this in the morning.   Answer Question

San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview Details – Had phone interview with typical questions listed here. Then had on-site interview. Consisted of 4 meetings with different people over 3 hours. I felt the company was rather too casual and unprofessional (one manager was wearing only a t-shirt and jeans). Perhaps, you should not wear a suit and tie to the interview? Also, the office and the area around the office were not very nice. Did not receive offer, but wasn't very impressed or interested after visiting the office. Job seems just like a glorified IT support position.

Interview Question – Technical questions on solving differential equations   Answer Question

San Leandro, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter at university career fair, was given an interview slot on the spot. On-campus interview was very informal, mostly informational and asked basic questions about why you are interested in the job, etc. Invited for in-person interview in San Leandro a week later.

In-person interview consisted of four 45-minute interviews with people from various departments including Customer Support, HR, Development, and Field Services. One of the interviews was via webcam, and was a surprise, but went well overall. Toughest part was the final interviewer, who grilled me on MATLAB and mathematical problems.

Interview Question – Given an infinite vector [x1, x2, ...] and a set of evolution equations [dx1/dt, dx2/dt, ...] write a MATLAB program to calculate the value of the vector at any time t.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Benefits not that great, offered better salary and bonus at another BI software company.

Worked for OSIsoft? Contribute to the Community!