OSIsoft

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.8

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

The on-site interview consisted of a string of meetings with a variety of engineers, each of whom had their own sets of questions, which were a combination of skill and experience. It was unclear how the interviewers and order were decided, but there was a lot of being led from office to office. There were opportunities to meet those who you would be working for, and a brief tour around the space. There was plenty opportunity for questions and they called back to follow up with their decision in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
  • The technical questions mostly focused on algorithms and general concepts, rather then writing in a specific language.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OSIsoft

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at OSIsoft.

Apply on campus. Interview on campus. The interview consists of basic tech questions and behavior questions. Pretty easy question: what is programming? What is the difference between heap and stack? There is also a algorithm question: search in a sorted array.

Interview Questions
    • A large question: What is the advantages of C++ over C?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in September 2014.

I interviewed with OSIsoft recently. First a recruiter contacted me and asked me to submit sample code and also answer 2 questions 1) Describe an event in your past that you are proud of 2) Why did you use that language in writing your code
    After a few weeks I heard back from them asking to schedule a phone interview. After scheduling, the engineer fell sick and it had to be rescheduled.
    The actual interview was not hard. We collaborated on a shared programming screen where he asked questions about the code I submitted; mainly concerning the design and clarity of the code.
    Next he gave a question(I cannot reveal actual question) but it was not hard. I guess the trick was to find out if you are observant. The solution is actually easy but the question has intentional vagueness to see if you will clarify before beginning the code.
    After, he asked what test cases I will use for testing code, and ran a test suite on my code. My code passed all tests.
    He then asked a couple of behavioral questions.

I was pretty confident interview went well but after 2 weeks of not hearing back, I emailed only to get a rejection reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

on campus career fair and interview next day. 1 hour long, Nice interviewer, basic questions on algorithm datastructure, OOP and java. Also some background questions about working authorization and location preferences.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions , in oop , you are required to design a mouse to interact with computer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Applied online, and the recruiter contacted me and asked me to send a few code samples that I have worked on previously.

Later I was scheduled for a phone screen with a technical lead. He reviewed the code that i had already sent and asked me few questions about the same. He asked me few technical questions about java.

There was a coding question for which we shared screen and did pair coding.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Write a program to check if an integer is a palindrome. Was asked to improve on the code - gave him 4 or 5 different algorithms.

2. Basic java questions.
      3. Code review of the code I already sent them.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OSIsoft in February 2014.

Long process. They met me @ career fair. Got a call after 3 weeks. The recruiter asked me to share my project code with one of the software engineer who had no clue. I was just describing him the functionality, explaining my object model. He asked me about the time complexity of one of the module. Lasted for like 45-50 min.
    Recruiter contacted me next week to schedule an onsite interview @ Oakland. At the start of the interview recruiter said 2 engineers will come and ask me questions related to different areas and depending on my capability they will move forward.
    One backend engineer came and asked me in depth concepts about C, threading, mulitprocessors and all. My forte was front end engineering and they asked everything except that. Some how I blabbered for an 1 hour what ever I knew.
    Second guy came and asked me all question related to software engineering, life cycle abstract question on how will you decide a language and all nonsense except algorithms.
    Was kicked off after that saying recruiter will contact me after a week. Knew it was a reject

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft in January 2014.

Met in Career Fair, A phone interview first, then interviewed at OSIsoft.

The whole interview is easy and nice, basic OOP, JAVA, C++ Questions. Also several C# questions but did not answer very well.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OSIsoft.

1. phone interview: I was asked on the phone about the required skills of the job. Most of them were covered on my resume. It seemed to be a good match.
    2. on-site interview with many developers one by one. One remote interviewer asked questions through phone in a conference room.
    3. lunch interview
    3. skill test

Interview Questions
    • The skill test might be the most difficult and unexpected one.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Before the interview, they had a email interview first, in which you need to respond to several behavior questions and provide a sample code. After that, they will contact you in a phone interview and discuss with you about the sample code. They will also ask few technical questions during this procedure. I guess if you pass this, you can get an onsite interview opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • List 3 reasons that the OSIsoft should hire you. I only expect to give one reason. Be prepared for this.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OSIsoft.

I got a call from the Career Fair. The interview at the campus was really smooth. Behavioral questions alongwith Technical Questions were asked. Make sure you review your HTML and language skills. A brain teaser was asked which was really easy.