OSIsoft

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and the recruiter contacted me and asked me to send a few code samples that I have worked on previously.

Later I was scheduled for a phone screen with a technical lead. He reviewed the code that i had already sent and asked me few questions about the same. He asked me few technical questions about java.

There was a coding question for which we shared screen and did pair coding.

Interview Question – 1. Write a program to check if an integer is a palindrome. Was asked to improve on the code - gave him 4 or 5 different algorithms.

2. Basic java questions.
3. Code review of the code I already sent them.
  Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OSIsoft in March 2014.

Interview Details – on campus career fair and interview next day. 1 hour long, Nice interviewer, basic questions on algorithm datastructure, OOP and java. Also some background questions about working authorization and location preferences.

Interview Question – No Difficult questions , in oop , you are required to design a mouse to interact with computer.   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft in January 2014.

Interview Details – Met in Career Fair, A phone interview first, then interviewed at OSIsoft.

The whole interview is easy and nice, basic OOP, JAVA, C++ Questions. Also several C# questions but did not answer very well.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview Details – 1. phone interview: I was asked on the phone about the required skills of the job. Most of them were covered on my resume. It seemed to be a good match.
2. on-site interview with many developers one by one. One remote interviewer asked questions through phone in a conference room.
3. lunch interview
3. skill test

Interview Question – The skill test might be the most difficult and unexpected one.   Answer Question

Interviewed at OSIsoft

Interview Details – Before the interview, they had a email interview first, in which you need to respond to several behavior questions and provide a sample code. After that, they will contact you in a phone interview and discuss with you about the sample code. They will also ask few technical questions during this procedure. I guess if you pass this, you can get an onsite interview opportunity.

Interview Question – List 3 reasons that the OSIsoft should hire you. I only expect to give one reason. Be prepared for this.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at OSIsoft in November 2012.

Interview Details – A manager conducted the interview. It was about an hour long I believe. The questions were really simple, not really the kind you would expect. No coding questions.

Questions:
What is a computer program?
Does a program Multitask truly? No, unless it's using multi core processors.
What components does a program use?
What's a blue screen?
What's Object Oriented programming?
What is Polymorphism? (since I mentioned polymorphism)
What is Heap/Stack?

Interview Questions

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview Details – I got a call from the Career Fair. The interview at the campus was really smooth. Behavioral questions alongwith Technical Questions were asked. Make sure you review your HTML and language skills. A brain teaser was asked which was really easy.

Interview Question – How would you troobleshoot if you can't go to Google?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at OSIsoft.

Interview Details – Applied at university career fair, got phone interview request 3 months after, was asked basis c++ questions in the phone interview. Then went to San Leandro for on-site. A few simple algorithm and c++ questions. Then a lot general questions (interest, career plan,passion). The onsite lasted about 2 and 1/2 hours

Interview Question – What computer do you use at home? What do you think the development of IT industry?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

Interview Details – I got a interview on CMU campus. questions are technical. 1. what is a program, explain how a program can run on a computer 2. the nth fibonacci number problem, is recursive good here (the answer is no, the recursive approach is O(2n)) 3. a simple java program, called fizz-buzz something, very easy

Interview Question – What is a program, explain how a program can run on a computer.   View Answer

San Leandro, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at OSIsoft in August 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Interview went well- was flown to Ca to interview face to face. First 3 people were really nice. The last guy asked very detailed, technical questions that you need a phd to answer.

Interview Question – trouble shooting for excell   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at OSIsoft

Worked for OSIsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OSIsoft Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by OSIsoft employees and interview candidates.