OSRAM Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.7

Werkstudent Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OSRAM (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Antworten Sie auf ein Stellenangebot, indem Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail senden (Zeugnisabschriften, Lebenslauf, Bewerbungsschreiben), ein Bewerbungsgespräch mit einer oder zwei Personen gleichzeitig (hängt von Ihrem Vorgesetzten ab), ein Teil des Interviews darf in Englisch geführt werden (hängt von Ihrem Vorgesetzten ab), kleiner Computer (für zwei Power Point Charts und eine kleines Excelformular).

Respond to an offered job position by sending your documents via email (transcript of records, CV, letter of motivation), one interview with one or two persons in parallel (depends on your supervisor), a part of the interview may be in english (depends on your supervisor), small case (build 2 PPT charts, build a small excel sheet)

Interview Questions

• Bereiten Sie Ihren Lebenslauf vor, in der Lage, über jedes Thema (auch über Freizeitinteressen) und über sich selbst (Lebenslauf, Bewerbungsschreiben) auf Englisch zu sprechen.   Prepare your CV, be able to talk about everything (also about spare time activities), be able to speak about yourself (CV, letter of motivation) in english   Answer Question

Negotiation

Keine Verhandlungen, nach dem Vorstellungsgespräch hatte ich 1 Woche, das Gehalt ist im Arbeitsvertrag festgelegt.

Interview

In the beginning, it was a HR giving me a telephone interview. This part was easy. She just checked the resume I sent, and asked some normal questions, such as what do you know about our company, what is your motivation to apply this job position, what is your future career plan, And after one week, I was invited for a on-site interview. There I gave a presentation about my thesis in front of the whole department. During this time, I was asked many academic questions. After that, I talked with the department manager and a HR alone.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part for me is academic questions during my thesis, I studied mainly on optics. But they asked many about chemical and physical deeply.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OSRAM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

2 rounds

Negotiation

endless.......no can do's appeared lies afterwards
    (HR is bad)

SAP Business Expert Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at OSRAM.

Interview

1>Face to Face interview with HR
    2>Face to Face interview with the team leader and the head of SAP asia support center.

Sales/Commercial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OSRAM (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in November 2011.

Interview

During the interview with the German CEO, everything was fine and dandy. He will portray the career in a very well manner to get you into the door of Osram Malaysia. When hired, everything turns for the worst.

Negotiation

They tried to low ball but due to my experience, they needed me more and we came to a slight compromise on my side.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at OSRAM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2011.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews, for three potential positions
    - 2 panel interviews - interview with HR and three department heads
    - 1 interview with Region Head - talked about vision and strategy topics
    - 1 telephone interview - explore potential in another department
    - 1 interview with Line Manager - finally lock with one department and discuss detail job scope and expectation

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions on past working experience and behavior
      Look for potential rather than direct fit to the role
      Evaluate development potential for working in different functions and technology

Answer Question

Leiter Unternehmensgründung Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schilda (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OSRAM (Schilda (Germany)) in December 2010.

Interview

Der Bewerbungsprozess war ganz kurz, ich hatte nur ein Gespräch und bekam ein Angebot. Während des Gesprächs gab es 4 Leute, alle hatten Fragen. Später waren die 4 Leute auch Mitglieder des Management-Teams, in dem ich auch war.

hiring process was very short, I only had one discussion, and got an offer, during interview there were 4 people available, all had questions, later those 4 people were co-members of the management team that i also was in.

Interview Questions

• Ich wusste mehr oder weniger Bescheid über alle Aspekte vom Interviewen und war gut vorbereitet.   I was pretty much up to date on all aspects of interviewing was well prepared   1 Answer

Negotiation

einfach

FAE Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at OSRAM in December 2009.

Interview

1 Personal introduction
    2 work experience before
    3 Knowledge of OSRAM products
    4 Knowledge of LED lighting market
    5 how to solve technical problem
    6 how to communication with custmoer effectively
    7 English skills (Email, Oral)
    8 salary barget

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know company's requirment clearly.