OU Medical Center Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 2, 2014
Updated May 2, 2014
4 interviews

Pharmacy Intern Interview

Took about 3 weeks. Applied online and 1 week later, I got an phone call about an interview. Then 1 week later was offered the position

Interview Questions
    • What are you hoping to get out of this positon? Will you be satisfied enough to stay long-term   Answer Question

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmond, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at OU Medical Center in September 2010.

Phone interview, 1:1 interview, skills test, another phone interview with Dallas, group interview, background check, drug screen, job offer

Non-clinical Staff Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at OU Medical Center.

Most positions will use a team based interview approach. You might meet with several people at once, or several individuals over the course of a long interview - or a mix. Interviews will use a lot of behavioral questions - tell me about a time you..., etc. Since alot of them are using the same form, you may get the same question multiple times.

Above all, be positive during your interview, and be willing to say where you have made a mistake in the past and learned from it. No one is perfect.

If offered a job, you'll need to get a drug screening, background check, and health screening before you can attend orientation - all of which can take 3 or 4 weeks. Some employees actually find another job in the meantime. The health screening requires you to come to the hospital twice a week for two weeks during regular business hours. Some will wait to give 2 weeks notice until they get through the first week of the health screening.

Interview Questions
    • How I might succeed in one aspect of the job where my predecessor had struggled - without fully appreciating all that the job entailed.   View Answer
    I was actually prepared for a lengthy negotiation, but they offered me the max they could on the first offer - which was more than I was going to ask for, so it was hard to argue. I did ask about a signing bonus and was told they couldn't do that. Other than that, it couldn't have been easier.

Registered Nurse Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at OU Medical Center in April 2010.

Interviewed with manager, supervisor, and staff. It took about an hour for each interview. A lot of the interview was focused on figuring out my personality and career motivations, as well as explaining the job and worksite. The interview process depends on the unit being hired onto. Some units have an interview process more focused on assessing critical thinking skills. Some nurses are hired by walking around the unit and being asked questions by other nurses.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here versus blank, blank, and blank?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at OU Medical Center

Worked for OU Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!