Oakland Unified School District

Oakland Unified School District Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oakland Unified School District

Teacher Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oakland Unified School District in August 2013.

I wasn't directly hired through OUSD. Teach For America hired me, then placed me in Oakland. I got a call from a new principal and he hired me over the phone! Very simple. Very direct. Very desperate.

Nope

School Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oakland Unified School District.

Application is via edjoin. If you are selected you go through a phone screening or 3 references. The Principal or regional manager (if you are applying for a Principal job), interviews you. If you are selected, HR will get the recommendation. Once that happens HR will further check your credentials, and other paperwork....fingerprints, degrees, etc. Each interview is different, due to different sites, but the process is the same.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. You most likely will be asked how to use data to improve schools, parent/community engagement, discipline , philosophy of education   Answer Question
    You are place on a salary scale

Service Team Assistant - Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oakland Unified School District in February 2011.

They employ a very unfair method of interviewing. Usually already having someone else in mind, they continue with interview asking the same questions each time. You will get asked basic questions but you most likely will not get picked for a job thanks to the terrible office politics.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work with Oakland Unified School District?   View Answer