Oakley Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.6

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oakley in June 2014.

I was screened during a phone interview with an Oakley recruiter. The phone interview was setup prior from the earlier week and was scheduled out about 6 days.

During the phone interview, I was asked a series of questions of which I was well prepared for. Mainly focused on my relevant experience and also oh how I would address unique scenarios examples.

The phone screening lasted about 40 minutes and was cordial and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you could perform and demonstrate a proposed marketing initiative in front of a group of colleagues.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oakley.

I interviewed with two people back to back. The first person was very thorough in explaining duties, procedures, and team synergy. The second interviewer put up a wall from the get-go and rushed to get out of the interview. I wanted to ask more questions about the company and position, but was cut short. Both interviews combined took 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What is your plan of action when you are unable to complete a task in time?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oakley in January 2014.

The interview process was pretty easy. I have another job and they were really nice about helping me schedule an interview that wasn't conflicting. I was temp to hire position. I got hired on my 89th day as a temp. It was really easy. Also, it's an awesome company

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you found a easy solution to a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you may have not gotten along with a coworker.
      .......manager or supervisor.
        Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Oakley?   Answer Question
    No I was a temporary hire at first, orientation was fun and we learned about the brand.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oakley in March 2013.

The hiring process consisted of a skype interview, a phone interview with regional manager, and a face to face interview with regional manager, national manager, and talent acquisition manager. Very casual interview, t-shirts, jeans, flip flops were the attire. The final interview which was the face to face also included a presentation that the applicants had to prepare. We were all given a pair of sunglasses and were to make a presentation that we would give to any of our accounts.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when a boss or fellow employee took advantage of your duties and how did you react to that. They were most worried about the sales reps taking advantage of the marketing reps and wanted to make sure that you could avoid that.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Oakley in May 2014.

This was an extensive interview process. Initially, I had about a 30 minute screening interview with the Recruiter. She was great! She told me she would share her feedback with the hiring manager and if they were interested, they would interview me. I got a call a few days later and was set up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was about an hour and it was pretty difficult. I was asked a lot of situation type questions and it was hard to hear her at times because it sounded like she was driving and doing things (doors opening & closing, etc). The phone interview was around 5:00pm after work.
    After this, I got called in for an in person interview. I was set to meet with 5 people from 8am - 10am. Once I got in, I was initially interviewed by 2 people for 30 minutes. Again, they asked similar questions to the ones I answered over the phone. I was then interviewed by 2 other people for 30 minutes. After that, I was told I was done and rushed out of the building. I was done an hour early and didn't meet with the last person I was supposed to meet with. Seemed a little unprofessional to me. I figured they had decided I wasn't a fit but they should have addressed that I wouldn't be meeting with the last person instead of just rushing me out.
    After that, I never got a call or anything from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were "Tell me about a time when..." or "What would you do if...."   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oakley in October 2010.

Started with a recruiter calling me to set up an interview with the hiring manager. After that, multiple interviews with at least 2-4 people (panel interviews), stretching over 2 weeks. One panel interview included lunch in the company lunchroom with 6 additional employees.
    Offer made the following week via telephone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would you would react if your business plan was rejected   Answer Question
    When I questioned the initial salary offer, I was told the process to go back and negotiate for more was cumbersome and lengthy. But that they could just add 10% on to the offer and then add a signing bonus

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Oakley in March 2014.

First i was contacted for a phone interview to see how you sound on the phone. Next was the 1:1 interview which is super laid back. Jeans and t shirt are perfectly fine. They asked a few questions and said I would hear back by the end of the week but after several emails and phone calls I wasn't contacted until almost 2 weeks later with a no.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Oakley?
      Tell me about a time when your day to day work environment drastically changed.
      Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and found an easy outcome.
      Tell me about a time when a customer got on your last nerve and how did the situation end up.
      Tell me about a time when you had to work as a team to achieve a goal.
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your work duties to make sure the customer was happy.
        Answer Question

Graphic Artist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oakley.

I was invited to the factory for an interview with 2 current employees. They were friendly and cracking jokes. They looked at my work examples and some related questions and that was about it.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how much alcohol I can drink.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Was more like take it or leave it.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Oakley.

They over blow the position and make it sound 100% more then what it is

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected for retail interview, they ask questions of an interview deck ...verbatim   Answer Question

Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Oakley in October 2013.

Was interviewed over 3 months ago - Talent Acquisition guy stopped returning my calls after 3 weeks. Job is still posted

Interview Questions
    • What is your desired salary (in front of all my potential coworkers)?   View Answer

Worked for Oakley? Contribute to the Community!