Oakley

35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Oakley in March 2014.

Interview Details – First i was contacted for a phone interview to see how you sound on the phone. Next was the 1:1 interview which is super laid back. Jeans and t shirt are perfectly fine. They asked a few questions and said I would hear back by the end of the week but after several emails and phone calls I wasn't contacted until almost 2 weeks later with a no.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Oakley?
Tell me about a time when your day to day work environment drastically changed.
Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and found an easy outcome.
Tell me about a time when a customer got on your last nerve and how did the situation end up.
Tell me about a time when you had to work as a team to achieve a goal.
Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your work duties to make sure the customer was happy.
  Answer Question

Graphic Artist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oakley.

Interview Details – I was invited to the factory for an interview with 2 current employees. They were friendly and cracking jokes. They looked at my work examples and some related questions and that was about it.

Interview Question – I was asked how much alcohol I can drink.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was more like take it or leave it.

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Oakley.

Interview Details – They over blow the position and make it sound 100% more then what it is

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected for retail interview, they ask questions of an interview deck ...verbatim   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Programs Manager Interview

Programs Manager
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Oakley in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was interviewed over 3 months ago - Talent Acquisition guy stopped returning my calls after 3 weeks. Job is still posted

Interview Question – What is your desired salary (in front of all my potential coworkers)?   View Answer

Organizational Development Coordinator Interview

Interviewed at Oakley

Interview Details – This process was especially intense and grueling. Also it was extremely long! I went through a telephone interview, in person interview, and then came back to do three 1/2 hour interviews with people in the department followed by a 20 minute presentation on a topic in the field. It was not enjoyable and I think it was a lot of resources wasted for the company.

Interview Question – Nothing-- just a tough presentation as they seemed pretty insistent that it matched their culture as well as being informative and showing you know your stuff   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Tulsa, OK

I applied online - interviewed at Oakley in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with assistant manager and then a second final with store manager

Interview Question – tell me why you want to work for oakley?   Answer Question

Sports Marketing Manager Interview

Sports Marketing Manager
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oakley in December 2013.

Interview Details – Answered a opening in Monster.com. HR called within a week to set up a phone interview. HR asked basic questions about my resume. Went in for an interview a week later. Met with HR for an hour and then the hiring manager. HR interview was more in depth on work history and experience. Hiring Manager interview went off the rails quickly when I was asked if I was a Christian. I guess I answered wrong, the next question was, "do I have any questions about the position", which I did, but got vague answers. Then I got the, "well thanks for coming in" line, and was shown the door. HR interview 1 hour, hiring manager interview 6 minutes. That should be a record.

It looks and sounded like an awesome place to work. Everyone seems smart, and they work hard and play hard. HR felt I may be a little over qualified, but who isn't these days. Very casual dress, interview in t-shirt and jeans.

Interview Question – This one is a no brainer, "are you a Christian?"   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oakley.

Interview Details – Casual and easy. Mostly based on what you look like and your personality vs. your qualifications.

Interview Question – What is the most complex issue you've face thus far?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, considering my background. I also interviewed with a different manager than the only approving the salary so it all depends on how much you impressed the interviewee.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oakley.

Interview Details – Got a call from store manager for interview, in less than 48 hours got offered the job

Interview Question – What is one thing that would make me remember you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You tell them what rate of pay you like or within what range,

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oakley.

Interview Details – Lots of in depth questions, mostly giving examples of scenarios where you met a need or solved a problem in past jobs. I think some questions they look to see if you will trash talk past employees/employers, they make sure you have a positive attitude.

Applied online, a week or two later I had a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. Was called the week after to let me know I was offered the position.

Interview Question – What was one boss or manager that you did not like or get a long with and why   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Oakley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oakley interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oakley employees and interview candidates.