Oakley Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.5

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Phone interview first. I was told in a joking manner if I wore business attire I'd be shot. That was funny. This was a panel interview with 2 HR personnel and the hiring manager. They made me feel relaxed and asked standard questions. We went through each section of my resume. They asked for examples as asked me to be specific. They wanted to know how I identified with the brand as well. Like if I was into sports, etc. They asked what ERP systems I've used like SAP, etc. I felt good in the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Oakley?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cabazon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oakley (Cabazon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Amazing, I went in and everyone was welcome, Jacob the hiring manager was a really cool guy. They made me feel good and welcomed. I was hired on the spot

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Very casual and laid back interview process but took close to four months before they made a decision. Very lengthy for a positron thar could have been filled more efficiently.

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oakley (Orange, CA).

Interview

WASTE OF TIME. In short - I flew in for the interview, got the job offer, but it wasn't for the title/position I came in to interview for! The most off-putting, confused and unprofessional interview experience of my life. They changed the category they were considering me for DURING the interview (no heads up to me beforehand) and then offered me a completely different position/pay grade (lower) than originally discussed. I would have never gone through with the process if I knew what position they were really interested in me for. Super tacky and dishonest. This company has no class.

Interview Questions

• Why work at Oakley, biggest strength, biggest weakness   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oakley.

Interview

Vague questions. In an impromptu manner (literally out of the blue), I was introduced to the interviewer (Asst Mgr) and explained that I had never been in one of their stores (and therefore knew nothing about the company). She remained vague and was never specific on what exactly she was looking for in an answer. Felt like I was being "thrown under the bus." Not quite sure where this went wrong. Should I have taken my response in a different direction? I was conservatively dressed from a previous interview. Full dress suit. Their merchandise is more youthful, casual, and sporty. Dunno. Hope this helps someone else. It obviously didn't help me.

Interview Questions

• Let's say we were doing a "touch base" with a sales associate just coming in for their shift... What would you say to them about the store?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oakley.

Interview

Easy going, lively, friendly. Excellent questions, felt very welcomed! Loved the overall environment. Very casual - wear jeans! Recommendation - dress just above what you would expect people to wear.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oakley.

Interview

Apply on their website, then do not hear anything until 10 weeks go by. Finally get an email about congrats we will talk to you. Have the initial call with the Oakley house recruiter, who doesn't know all that much about the position, let alone what skills, abilities it would take to excel in the position. Tells me she will know more in a few days when talking with the hiring manager. Don't hear anything back and a week later reach out via email and no response. Highly unprofessional, just tell me whatever your reasoning may be that you are continuing the search and respectfully part ways. Easier just to ignore people I guess.

Interview Questions

• Basically what would you do to operating in a highly dysfunctional department where you have to convince others to work with you in your overall goals?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oakley.

Interview

I had two interviews. One of the interviews was at HQ in Foothill Ranch and another was over the phone. I thought they were very fair and the interviewer really asked questions that allowed me to talk about my best qualities. The interviews also had bits of casual moments where the interviewer asked me about my interests outside of school and work. I had my first interview right before the holidays, so it (understandably) took some time before I had the second interview, but after the second one, they were very fast on getting back to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am mainly concerned about gaining experience, so I did not feel the need to negotiate my pay. They were open to discussing pay, even though I wasn't overly concerned about it. As for hours, they were extremely flexible and were willing to work around my school schedule.

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

I submitted my resume online after seeing an opening on indeed. HR recruiter called a few days later. Set up a phone interview with the team for the following week. Team asked a lot of questions about current/past experience. Nothing out of the ordinary. After the phone interview with the team the recruiter called and set up a face to face in California. I wore jeans and a t-shirt to the interview, it was a super friendly laid back environment. Interviews were a similar feel, never felt under presser. Had the chance at the end of the interview to hit up the employee store and get an employee discount even though I didn't have a job offer! Super sweet discount! Phone call the following week from the recruiter with a job offer. Process was crazy fast and super smooth!

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview is really cool. Oakley mandates onsite interview. Dressing casually is really important else you would be overdressed in Oakley (Trust me on this!!!) - First Round: Phone Interview - Second Round: Onsite Whiteboard interview (3 phases of 1/2 hour each, in a single day)

Interview Questions

• One Technical round where they tested my front end basics. One round with director who asked me how i behave in various stress situations in the project, as part of my previous experiences.   Answer Question