Oakley Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Retail Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Phone screening followed by two in person interviews. Environment was casual and was caught off guard by this. Was over dressed. The manager made me comfortable though and apologized for not giving me the heads up in advance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

I went in for an interview at HQ. Was given a tour of the building. I then showed my work to the manager, he gave me a photoshop test. After that he looked it over and I met the team. He hired me at the end of the interview.

Manufacturing Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying on the Oakley website, I received a call from their HR within a month. There were two 30 minute phone interviews, one with the HR recruiter and other the Quality Manager before an in-person interview was scheduled. The in-person interview was approximately 5 hrs. with lunch and a tour included. Interviews were done by HR Recruiter, VP of Manufacturing, Quality Manager, and Director of Lean Manufacturing. Overall, it was a great experience and the tour of the manufacturing floor was an added bonus.

Interview Questions

• Are you a quick or slow thinker? There's no right or wrong answer.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Phone interview first. I was told in a joking manner if I wore business attire I'd be shot. That was funny. This was a panel interview with 2 HR personnel and the hiring manager. They made me feel relaxed and asked standard questions. We went through each section of my resume. They asked for examples as asked me to be specific. They wanted to know how I identified with the brand as well. Like if I was into sports, etc. They asked what ERP systems I've used like SAP, etc. I felt good in the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Oakley?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cabazon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oakley (Cabazon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Amazing, I went in and everyone was welcome, Jacob the hiring manager was a really cool guy. They made me feel good and welcomed. I was hired on the spot

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oakley (Foothill Ranch, CA).

Interview

Very casual and laid back interview process but took close to four months before they made a decision. Very lengthy for a positron thar could have been filled more efficiently.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oakley (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very easy. The manufacturing industry always needs employees when it is busy. After you go through a staffing agency if you agree to the schedule and if you have reliable transportation than you usually start the day after the interview. The interview is with the staffing agency and they offer whatever jobs are available.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you if you can show up to work on time and not be late. They will ask you if you have reliable transportation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. The staffing agency said they will give me whatever job is available. I asked for a full time job. They recommended Oakley. They told me the salary was 9 dollars per hour and that it could not be negotiated.

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oakley (Orange, CA).

Interview

WASTE OF TIME. In short - I flew in for the interview, got the job offer, but it wasn't for the title/position I came in to interview for! The most off-putting, confused and unprofessional interview experience of my life. They changed the category they were considering me for DURING the interview (no heads up to me beforehand) and then offered me a completely different position/pay grade (lower) than originally discussed. I would have never gone through with the process if I knew what position they were really interested in me for. Super tacky and dishonest. This company has no class.

Interview Questions

• Why work at Oakley, biggest strength, biggest weakness   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oakley.

Interview

Vague questions. In an impromptu manner (literally out of the blue), I was introduced to the interviewer (Asst Mgr) and explained that I had never been in one of their stores (and therefore knew nothing about the company). She remained vague and was never specific on what exactly she was looking for in an answer. Felt like I was being "thrown under the bus." Not quite sure where this went wrong. Should I have taken my response in a different direction? I was conservatively dressed from a previous interview. Full dress suit. Their merchandise is more youthful, casual, and sporty. Dunno. Hope this helps someone else. It obviously didn't help me.

Interview Questions

• Let's say we were doing a "touch base" with a sales associate just coming in for their shift... What would you say to them about the store?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oakley.

Interview

Easy going, lively, friendly. Excellent questions, felt very welcomed! Loved the overall environment. Very casual - wear jeans! Recommendation - dress just above what you would expect people to wear.