Oakley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oakley.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two people back to back. The first person was very thorough in explaining duties, procedures, and team synergy. The second interviewer put up a wall from the get-go and rushed to get out of the interview. I wanted to ask more questions about the company and position, but was cut short. Both interviews combined took 1 hour.

Interview Question – What is your plan of action when you are unable to complete a task in time?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oakley in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty easy. I have another job and they were really nice about helping me schedule an interview that wasn't conflicting. I was temp to hire position. I got hired on my 89th day as a temp. It was really easy. Also, it's an awesome company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a easy solution to a difficult situation.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you may have not gotten along with a coworker.
    .......manager or supervisor.
      Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Oakley?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No I was a temporary hire at first, orientation was fun and we learned about the brand.

Marketing Representative Interview

Marketing Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oakley in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of a skype interview, a phone interview with regional manager, and a face to face interview with regional manager, national manager, and talent acquisition manager. Very casual interview, t-shirts, jeans, flip flops were the attire. The final interview which was the face to face also included a presentation that the applicants had to prepare. We were all given a pair of sunglasses and were to make a presentation that we would give to any of our accounts.

Interview Question – Explain a time when a boss or fellow employee took advantage of your duties and how did you react to that. They were most worried about the sales reps taking advantage of the marketing reps and wanted to make sure that you could avoid that.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online - interviewed at Oakley in May 2014.

Interview Details – This was an extensive interview process. Initially, I had about a 30 minute screening interview with the Recruiter. She was great! She told me she would share her feedback with the hiring manager and if they were interested, they would interview me. I got a call a few days later and was set up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was about an hour and it was pretty difficult. I was asked a lot of situation type questions and it was hard to hear her at times because it sounded like she was driving and doing things (doors opening & closing, etc). The phone interview was around 5:00pm after work.
After this, I got called in for an in person interview. I was set to meet with 5 people from 8am - 10am. Once I got in, I was initially interviewed by 2 people for 30 minutes. Again, they asked similar questions to the ones I answered over the phone. I was then interviewed by 2 other people for 30 minutes. After that, I was told I was done and rushed out of the building. I was done an hour early and didn't meet with the last person I was supposed to meet with. Seemed a little unprofessional to me. I figured they had decided I wasn't a fit but they should have addressed that I wouldn't be meeting with the last person instead of just rushing me out.
After that, I never got a call or anything from the recruiter.

Interview Question – All of the questions were "Tell me about a time when..." or "What would you do if...."   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oakley in October 2010.

Interview Details – Started with a recruiter calling me to set up an interview with the hiring manager. After that, multiple interviews with at least 2-4 people (panel interviews), stretching over 2 weeks. One panel interview included lunch in the company lunchroom with 6 additional employees.
Offer made the following week via telephone.

Interview Question – Tell us how you would you would react if your business plan was rejected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I questioned the initial salary offer, I was told the process to go back and negotiate for more was cumbersome and lengthy. But that they could just add 10% on to the offer and then add a signing bonus

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Oakley in March 2014.

Interview Details – First i was contacted for a phone interview to see how you sound on the phone. Next was the 1:1 interview which is super laid back. Jeans and t shirt are perfectly fine. They asked a few questions and said I would hear back by the end of the week but after several emails and phone calls I wasn't contacted until almost 2 weeks later with a no.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Oakley?
Tell me about a time when your day to day work environment drastically changed.
Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and found an easy outcome.
Tell me about a time when a customer got on your last nerve and how did the situation end up.
Tell me about a time when you had to work as a team to achieve a goal.
Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your work duties to make sure the customer was happy.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graphic Artist Interview

Graphic Artist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oakley.

Interview Details – I was invited to the factory for an interview with 2 current employees. They were friendly and cracking jokes. They looked at my work examples and some related questions and that was about it.

Interview Question – I was asked how much alcohol I can drink.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was more like take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Oakley.

Interview Details – They over blow the position and make it sound 100% more then what it is

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected for retail interview, they ask questions of an interview deck ...verbatim   Answer Question

Programs Manager Interview

Programs Manager
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Oakley in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was interviewed over 3 months ago - Talent Acquisition guy stopped returning my calls after 3 weeks. Job is still posted

Interview Question – What is your desired salary (in front of all my potential coworkers)?   View Answer

Organizational Development Coordinator Interview

Organizational Development Coordinator

Interviewed at Oakley

Interview Details – This process was especially intense and grueling. Also it was extremely long! I went through a telephone interview, in person interview, and then came back to do three 1/2 hour interviews with people in the department followed by a 20 minute presentation on a topic in the field. It was not enjoyable and I think it was a lot of resources wasted for the company.

Interview Question – Nothing-- just a tough presentation as they seemed pretty insistent that it matched their culture as well as being informative and showing you know your stuff   Answer Question

Worked for Oakley? Contribute to the Community!