Oakley

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.7

Operations Coordinator Interview

Received a phone call from the hiring manager and went over my resume in detail. We scheduled an in person interview and met with 4 people. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, interviewed in a tshirt and jeans. Overall great interview experience

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oakley.

I applied online and received a phone call to set up an interview within a few days after applying. The first interview was with an Assistant Manager. The first few questions were Oakley related, like "Why Oakley?" and "What experience do you have with Oakley products?". This is the time to express your passion for the brand and your genuine interest in the company. This isn't sunglass hut; they are looking for people truly immersed in Oakley culture that are passionate about the products. The ASM then proceeded to ask a host of behavioral and situational questions which are very STAR format oriented.

After the initial interview I was called back within a few days by the Store Manager and asked to come in for a second interview. This interview was basically a shortened and redundant version of the initial one, but a bit more relaxed and conversational. Towards the end of the interview the Store Manger started talking about what its like to work at Oakley and some of the benefits. I was then offered the position right there. The offer is contingent on passing a background check.

The background check confirmation is sent via e-mail. After that went through the Store Manager called me with my official offer and gave me my start date.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a co-worker was dishonest with you.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oakley.

I interviewed with two people back to back. The first person was very thorough in explaining duties, procedures, and team synergy. The second interviewer put up a wall from the get-go and rushed to get out of the interview. I wanted to ask more questions about the company and position, but was cut short. Both interviews combined took 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What is your plan of action when you are unable to complete a task in time?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oakley in June 2014.

I was screened during a phone interview with an Oakley recruiter. The phone interview was setup prior from the earlier week and was scheduled out about 6 days.

During the phone interview, I was asked a series of questions of which I was well prepared for. Mainly focused on my relevant experience and also oh how I would address unique scenarios examples.

The phone screening lasted about 40 minutes and was cordial and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you could perform and demonstrate a proposed marketing initiative in front of a group of colleagues.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oakley in May 2014.

This was an extensive interview process. Initially, I had about a 30 minute screening interview with the Recruiter. She was great! She told me she would share her feedback with the hiring manager and if they were interested, they would interview me. I got a call a few days later and was set up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was about an hour and it was pretty difficult. I was asked a lot of situation type questions and it was hard to hear her at times because it sounded like she was driving and doing things (doors opening & closing, etc). The phone interview was around 5:00pm after work.
    After this, I got called in for an in person interview. I was set to meet with 5 people from 8am - 10am. Once I got in, I was initially interviewed by 2 people for 30 minutes. Again, they asked similar questions to the ones I answered over the phone. I was then interviewed by 2 other people for 30 minutes. After that, I was told I was done and rushed out of the building. I was done an hour early and didn't meet with the last person I was supposed to meet with. Seemed a little unprofessional to me. I figured they had decided I wasn't a fit but they should have addressed that I wouldn't be meeting with the last person instead of just rushing me out.
    After that, I never got a call or anything from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were "Tell me about a time when..." or "What would you do if...."   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oakley in March 2014.

First i was contacted for a phone interview to see how you sound on the phone. Next was the 1:1 interview which is super laid back. Jeans and t shirt are perfectly fine. They asked a few questions and said I would hear back by the end of the week but after several emails and phone calls I wasn't contacted until almost 2 weeks later with a no.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Oakley?
      Tell me about a time when your day to day work environment drastically changed.
      Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and found an easy outcome.
      Tell me about a time when a customer got on your last nerve and how did the situation end up.
      Tell me about a time when you had to work as a team to achieve a goal.
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your work duties to make sure the customer was happy.

Answer Question

Graphic Artist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oakley.

I was invited to the factory for an interview with 2 current employees. They were friendly and cracking jokes. They looked at my work examples and some related questions and that was about it.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how much alcohol I can drink.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Was more like take it or leave it.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Oakley.

They over blow the position and make it sound 100% more then what it is

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected for retail interview, they ask questions of an interview deck ...verbatim   Answer Question

Organizational Development Coordinator Interview

This process was especially intense and grueling. Also it was extremely long! I went through a telephone interview, in person interview, and then came back to do three 1/2 hour interviews with people in the department followed by a 20 minute presentation on a topic in the field. It was not enjoyable and I think it was a lot of resources wasted for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing-- just a tough presentation as they seemed pretty insistent that it matched their culture as well as being informative and showing you know your stuff   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oakley in January 2014.

The interview process was pretty easy. I have another job and they were really nice about helping me schedule an interview that wasn't conflicting. I was temp to hire position. I got hired on my 89th day as a temp. It was really easy. Also, it's an awesome company

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you found a easy solution to a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you may have not gotten along with a coworker.
      .......manager or supervisor.

Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Oakley?   Answer Question
    No I was a temporary hire at first, orientation was fun and we learned about the brand.