Oakley

Updated Feb 4, 2015
Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oakley.

I had two interviews. One of the interviews was at HQ in Foothill Ranch and another was over the phone. I thought they were very fair and the interviewer really asked questions that allowed me to talk about my best qualities. The interviews also had bits of casual moments where the interviewer asked me about my interests outside of school and work. I had my first interview right before the holidays, so it (understandably) took some time before I had the second interview, but after the second one, they were very fast on getting back to me.

Interview Questions
    I am mainly concerned about gaining experience, so I did not feel the need to negotiate my pay. They were open to discussing pay, even though I wasn't overly concerned about it. As for hours, they were extremely flexible and were willing to work around my school schedule.

Marketing Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oakley.

Apply on their website, then do not hear anything until 10 weeks go by. Finally get an email about congrats we will talk to you. Have the initial call with the Oakley house recruiter, who doesn't know all that much about the position, let alone what skills, abilities it would take to excel in the position. Tells me she will know more in a few days when talking with the hiring manager. Don't hear anything back and a week later reach out via email and no response. Highly unprofessional, just tell me whatever your reasoning may be that you are continuing the search and respectfully part ways. Easier just to ignore people I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Basically what would you do to operating in a highly dysfunctional department where you have to convince others to work with you in your overall goals?   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oakley.

I submitted my resume online after seeing an opening on indeed. HR recruiter called a few days later. Set up a phone interview with the team for the following week. Team asked a lot of questions about current/past experience. Nothing out of the ordinary. After the phone interview with the team the recruiter called and set up a face to face in California. I wore jeans and a t-shirt to the interview, it was a super friendly laid back environment. Interviews were a similar feel, never felt under presser. Had the chance at the end of the interview to hit up the employee store and get an employee discount even though I didn't have a job offer! Super sweet discount! Phone call the following week from the recruiter with a job offer. Process was crazy fast and super smooth!

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oakley.

30min phone interview with an hr recruiter. Personality based questions. Then 20 min interview with Director of AR. Pretty basic questions, reviewed my resume and then a few general interview questions.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated less than a dollar more an hr from offer. HR recruiter was snappy when I asked for more. Oakley does not believe in competitive salaries.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Received a phone call from the hiring manager and went over my resume in detail. We scheduled an in person interview and met with 4 people. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, interviewed in a tshirt and jeans. Overall great interview experience

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oakley.

I applied online and received a phone call to set up an interview within a few days after applying. The first interview was with an Assistant Manager. The first few questions were Oakley related, like "Why Oakley?" and "What experience do you have with Oakley products?". This is the time to express your passion for the brand and your genuine interest in the company. This isn't sunglass hut; they are looking for people truly immersed in Oakley culture that are passionate about the products. The ASM then proceeded to ask a host of behavioral and situational questions which are very STAR format oriented.

After the initial interview I was called back within a few days by the Store Manager and asked to come in for a second interview. This interview was basically a shortened and redundant version of the initial one, but a bit more relaxed and conversational. Towards the end of the interview the Store Manger started talking about what its like to work at Oakley and some of the benefits. I was then offered the position right there. The offer is contingent on passing a background check.

The background check confirmation is sent via e-mail. After that went through the Store Manager called me with my official offer and gave me my start date.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a co-worker was dishonest with you.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oakley.

I interviewed with two people back to back. The first person was very thorough in explaining duties, procedures, and team synergy. The second interviewer put up a wall from the get-go and rushed to get out of the interview. I wanted to ask more questions about the company and position, but was cut short. Both interviews combined took 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What is your plan of action when you are unable to complete a task in time?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oakley in June 2014.

I was screened during a phone interview with an Oakley recruiter. The phone interview was setup prior from the earlier week and was scheduled out about 6 days.

During the phone interview, I was asked a series of questions of which I was well prepared for. Mainly focused on my relevant experience and also oh how I would address unique scenarios examples.

The phone screening lasted about 40 minutes and was cordial and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you could perform and demonstrate a proposed marketing initiative in front of a group of colleagues.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oakley in May 2014.

This was an extensive interview process. Initially, I had about a 30 minute screening interview with the Recruiter. She was great! She told me she would share her feedback with the hiring manager and if they were interested, they would interview me. I got a call a few days later and was set up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. That was about an hour and it was pretty difficult. I was asked a lot of situation type questions and it was hard to hear her at times because it sounded like she was driving and doing things (doors opening & closing, etc). The phone interview was around 5:00pm after work.
    After this, I got called in for an in person interview. I was set to meet with 5 people from 8am - 10am. Once I got in, I was initially interviewed by 2 people for 30 minutes. Again, they asked similar questions to the ones I answered over the phone. I was then interviewed by 2 other people for 30 minutes. After that, I was told I was done and rushed out of the building. I was done an hour early and didn't meet with the last person I was supposed to meet with. Seemed a little unprofessional to me. I figured they had decided I wasn't a fit but they should have addressed that I wouldn't be meeting with the last person instead of just rushing me out.
    After that, I never got a call or anything from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were "Tell me about a time when..." or "What would you do if...."   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oakley in March 2014.

First i was contacted for a phone interview to see how you sound on the phone. Next was the 1:1 interview which is super laid back. Jeans and t shirt are perfectly fine. They asked a few questions and said I would hear back by the end of the week but after several emails and phone calls I wasn't contacted until almost 2 weeks later with a no.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Oakley?
      Tell me about a time when your day to day work environment drastically changed.
      Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and found an easy outcome.
      Tell me about a time when a customer got on your last nerve and how did the situation end up.
      Tell me about a time when you had to work as a team to achieve a goal.
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your work duties to make sure the customer was happy.

Answer Question