Oakley

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oakley in June 2009.

Met first with the hiring manager. Interview environment is casual (dress to blend in so they can picture working with you - no suit and tie) Interview was conversational and went well.

I then met with the Director (the hiring manager's boss). He was more direct, asked very specific questions. Know your stories and keep them short and on point (what was the goal, obstacle you overcame, how you affected the bottom line, etc.). This went well too.

Interview Questions
  • From Director - Name 3 sections of ISO 9001 and tell me specifically how you implemented them. Follow-up: How do you demonstrate compliance to an auditor?   Answer Question
  • What is an acceptable Cpk value for the processes you are responsible? Follow-ups: Can you tell me how that is calculated? When warranted, what Quality Tools do you use to improve the process?   Answer Question
Negotiated with HR on the phone and they followed up with a written offer. I countered with written offers. Went 3 rounds. It was 2-3 days between responses (on both sides), I now now this was because the offers were going to the Director for review and approval.