Oakton Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.2

Digital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oakton (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Used seek.com.au to find the job 2. I included a CV and a cover letter 3. I got a call to set an interview 4. Did the relevant due diligence (Company, Market, Managers, and Clients), I wish I would have known about glassdoor.com.au at the time, it could have given me a clearer and real perspective to set expectations. interviews: 1. Manager (who didn't show up) so replaced by another consultant 2. Manager 3. Manager + Another consultant The entire process took 10 days.

Interview Questions

• All based on experience that could be replicated in the job, relevant technologies, and personal apporach   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and inflexible

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

will have first round of technical interview with the tecnical leads, second round will be taken by managers. Both the rounds will be primarily based on the technical capabilities. If the candidate is strong or moderate in those areas. He will be sent for review to Human Resource department.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oakton (Hyderābād (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Initially I was called for Interview as Unix administrator but later they have changed it to scripting. And Interview went on and I have got selected and got done with all my formalities and I was sent on floor. To my amazement There is no Unix in picture. No Unix in distant future also. its just another Offshore cheap labour job.. i.e Process Oriented Job just like a non voice support . There will be some fixed steps to complete your job. Thats it no future... with this exp..

Interview Questions

• They were only checking if you can read a program or not   Answer Question

Because the interview call was for one thing and the job profile is entirely different

All Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oakton (Canberra (Australia)).

Interview

look good, be nice, say the right thing, or not, doesn't matter. What matters is to be able to smooth-talk the interviewer. And if he/she got you the interview, then you're through. Don't worry about your actual skills and experience, nobody will be able to question you.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to be paid?   1 Answer

Negotiation

inexistent

Location Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oakton (Hyderābād (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

They used a head hunter for the process. After multiple rounds - including 3 video interviews - they did not even bother to get back with a clear response. For such a senior and critical position, I would have expected a much more professional handling of the process. Worse still, the confidentiality was not maintained.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. I was asked about how I would be able to fit into a smaller organization after my current working in a large indian IT company.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oakton (Canberra (Australia)).

Interview

Had an interview with the Recruitment Director. Very easy to talk, all they want to know is what are you intentions, why Oakton, what brings you to them and what are your future goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was a bit daunting but I knew what my worth was so I went for it.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oakton (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2010.

Interview

As this was an interview initiated by an employee recommendation the process was quite simple, the most difficult part was finding a time when we could all meet. the most interesting question I was asked was "Would I make a recommendation that would cause an employee's termination?"

Interview Questions

• Would I make a recommendation that could cause the termination of an employee?   1 Answer