Oakton

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.2

Senior Consultant Interview

will have first round of technical interview with the tecnical leads, second round will be taken by managers. Both the rounds will be primarily based on the technical capabilities. If the candidate is strong or moderate in those areas. He will be sent for review to Human Resource department.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oakton in October 2014.

Initially I was called for Interview as Unix administrator but later they have changed it to scripting. And Interview went on and I have got selected and got done with all my formalities and I was sent on floor. To my amazement There is no Unix in picture. No Unix in distant future also. its just another Offshore cheap labour job.. i.e Process Oriented Job just like a non voice support . There will be some fixed steps to complete your job. Thats it no future... with this exp..

Interview Questions
    • They were only checking if you can read a program or not   Answer Question

Because the interview call was for one thing and the job profile is entirely different

All Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oakton.

look good, be nice, say the right thing, or not, doesn't matter. What matters is to be able to smooth-talk the interviewer. And if he/she got you the interview, then you're through. Don't worry about your actual skills and experience, nobody will be able to question you.

inexistent

Location Delivery Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Oakton.

good Hiring and Interview Process Hiring and Interview ProcessHiring and Interview ProcessHiring and Interview ProcessHiring and Interview ProcessHiring and Interview ProcessHiring and Interview ProcessHiring and Interview ProcessHiring and Interview Process

Location Head Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oakton in September 2013.

They used a head hunter for the process. After multiple rounds - including 3 video interviews - they did not even bother to get back with a clear response. For such a senior and critical position, I would have expected a much more professional handling of the process. Worse still, the confidentiality was not maintained.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific. I was asked about how I would be able to fit into a smaller organization after my current working in a large indian IT company.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oakton.

Had an interview with the Recruitment Director. Very easy to talk, all they want to know is what are you intentions, why Oakton, what brings you to them and what are your future goals.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was a bit daunting but I knew what my worth was so I went for it.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oakton in July 2010.

As this was an interview initiated by an employee recommendation the process was quite simple, the most difficult part was finding a time when we could all meet. the most interesting question I was asked was "Would I make a recommendation that would cause an employee's termination?"

Interview Questions
    • Would I make a recommendation that could cause the termination of an employee?   View Answer