Oakton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.5

Location Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oakton in September 2013.

They used a head hunter for the process. After multiple rounds - including 3 video interviews - they did not even bother to get back with a clear response. For such a senior and critical position, I would have expected a much more professional handling of the process. Worse still, the confidentiality was not maintained.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific. I was asked about how I would be able to fit into a smaller organization after my current working in a large indian IT company.   Answer Question

All Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canberra (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oakton.

look good, be nice, say the right thing, or not, doesn't matter. What matters is to be able to smooth-talk the interviewer. And if he/she got you the interview, then you're through. Don't worry about your actual skills and experience, nobody will be able to question you.

inexistent

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canberra (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oakton.

Had an interview with the Recruitment Director. Very easy to talk, all they want to know is what are you intentions, why Oakton, what brings you to them and what are your future goals.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase was a bit daunting but I knew what my worth was so I went for it.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oakton in July 2010.

As this was an interview initiated by an employee recommendation the process was quite simple, the most difficult part was finding a time when we could all meet. the most interesting question I was asked was "Would I make a recommendation that would cause an employee's termination?"

Interview Questions
    • Would I make a recommendation that could cause the termination of an employee?   View Answer

Worked for Oakton? Contribute to the Community!