Oakwood Healthcare

www.oakwood.org

Oakwood Healthcare Interview Questions

2.6

RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare.

Submitted application online and then was called a few weeks later for an interview with her. Once I interviewed with recruiter I had to wait for a call to interview with the manager of the department. I gave up because I didn't hear. Whole process is taking a long time.

No negotiations

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oakwood Healthcare.

I applied online, then called a nursing recruiter. During our phone conversation she set me up with an interview. Two days later I had my first interview and was scheduled for my second interview that day. During my second interview with the unit manager I completed my peer review interview. By the time I got home I had a job offer on my voicemail.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The pay was higher than expected and they asked me what shift and days I would prefer.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Oakwood Healthcare.

The entire process was efficient and quick. Everyone was delightful. I almost forgot that I was interviewing. I felt completely at home. I filled out an application and submitted my resume on their website in the morning. I called recruiting in the afternoon. They pulled up my resume and scheduled an interview for that week. My second interview was only three days later. I was hired that afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were asking for you to give an example . What is your five year plan?   Answer Question
    I felt like a queen. The original position offered was the opposite shift that I preferred so the manager asked the staff if anyone would be willing to switch. She called me that afternoon and not only offered me more money than I was expecting, but the shift I wanted as well.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oakwood Healthcare.

Submit application online with option to upload resume. Interview with management and then interview with peers. Most interview questions were fairly common ones. Within 2 weeks they will call with offer.

Cardiovascular Diagnostic Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oakwood Healthcare.

I applied online at Indeed.com and within a day I received a call from the department hiring manager. I had my interview with her and by the end of week one, I received a call from the HR department. The HR interview was your typical interview to see if you['d be a good fit for the company... no tricky questions. It's always good to be prepared for the "Strength/Weaknesses" question. After my HR interview, I hear back on Monday of the third week. It was a very fast interview process and I'm very happy to get started with this company.

Interview Questions
    • If you made a mistake, how would you go about fixing it?   Answer Question

Filthy Kitchen/Racial Bias Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oakwood Healthcare in June 2012.

It is hard to get an interview if you're a certain race. The HR staff namely Sherry Stublesky make a person feel uncomfortable if you are of a certain ethnicity. Never makes eye contact or smiles. She has an unpleasant demeanor.

Interview Questions

I declined after reading reviews about this company

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oakwood Healthcare in December 2010.

The hiring process at Oakwood was long and inefficient. That should have been my first clue not to accept a job there. They were poor in time management at interviews and getting back to me. Oakwood also made promises regarding scheduling and weekend commitments that were not kept. Additionally, they stated a day position would open up within a month-never happened!!!

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Nothing innovative or unusual. This is Oakwood!   Answer Question
    I was told we would have flexible self scheduling within a month. This never happened.

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Oakwood Healthcare in June 2010.

The application is online. You are then called in for personal interview. If hired, usually informed at that time. HR is very accommodating. The building is well kept and inviting.

I didn't have to negotiate. The pay was better than expected.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oakwood Healthcare in April 2010.

I applied online and a week later went through a phone interview which went very well. A couple of weeks later I was called and asked to come in for a face to face interview. The HR manager was friendly and personable and the interview went very well; however, I did not get the job because I have a college degree and was overqualified.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Emergency Room Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oakwood Healthcare in September 2009.

Apply online, interview, job offer, health screen, new hire orientation

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Maintain hippa privacy is a key.   Answer Question