Oakwood Worldwide

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oakwood Worldwide.

Interview Details – My process was simple. I filled out an application, received a call about a week later and had a brief phone interview. The next day I had a face to face interview which felt more like general conversation. I do not recall any questions being asked. It was very easy and enjoyable.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate but I was ok with it because they pay very well in a city where pay is on average $12.00 per hour.

Summer Intern - Accounting/Finance Interview

Summer Intern - Accounting/Finance
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oakwood Worldwide.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university's job posting site. A while later, I received a call from HR saying they had received my resume and were interested in meeting me. I went to the office, and had 3 interviews. The first 2 were more general about me, my skills, and what I was hoping to get from the interview. Nothing too specific or hard. The last was more about my resume in particular and more interview based about why oakwood, why I was different etc.

Interview Question – No case, just 3 interviews. Very interested in excel skills.   Answer Question

Global Intern Interview

Global Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oakwood Worldwide.

Interview Details – Very easy. HR team is easy to work with and excited to get interns. Often offer interns a variety of positions within the company. Be open to looking at other options.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oakwood Worldwide in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on my college job site and received a call the next day to set up an interview. Drove to the home office in LA and met with two senior IT managers for about 30 minutes each. The interview was very relaxed and was mainly to ensure that I, the applicant, knew what to expect from the internship. They emphasized that I would learn a lot and that the purpose of the internship was to give me an inside look of how IT departments work together in a company environment.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected. Both of the interviewers were relaxed and very friendly. They just asked questions to see if I understood what I would do as an intern and if I was still interested in interning.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oakwood Worldwide in September 2013.

Interview Details – Recieved a call from a recruiter from LA headquarters. Easy interview about 15 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. Very nice recrutier. Face-toface interview following day.

Interview Question – Pretty laid back phone interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oakwood Worldwide.

Interview Details – - Initial phone call from recruiter
- Interviewed with a Manager, took about a full hour, very pleasant interviewer
- Came in about a week later for another interview with another Manager, about an hour as well, secondary interviewer was pleasant as well
- Professional and quiet place for the interview

Interview Question – Example of a project you spearheaded   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oakwood Worldwide in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with recruiters. The first interview was quite easy and the interviewer very friendly. The Head Recruiter called me for the second and asked more difficult but fairly predictable questions. She was not as friendly and more matter-of-fact. I scheduled a third in person interview and this all happened in a matter of 5 days.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. They simply wanted to see how customer service oriented I was and to what lengths I would go to provide good customer service .   Answer Question

Director, E Marketing Interview

Director, E Marketing
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oakwood Worldwide in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process started out OK, but ended up very strange. It started with a phone interview with a recruiter, which went well. The next step was to speak with the VP of Marketing via phone. About a week after speaking with the recruiter, I got a call from the VP. She and I had a really good conversation and she told me then that I would be invited for an in-person interview. The recruited called me a few days later to schedule the meeting. When I arrived, I was met by the recruiter and she was very nice. She went over how the process would work. I was going to have two meetings where I'd be speaking with two people in each. She told me that she would call me the next day to provide feedback and get my thoughts about the meeting. I was scheduled to meet with the VP and 3 Directors. I first sat down with the VP and a Brand Director.

From the start I had a bad feeling. I had had a really good, long conversation with the VP on the phone so I was feeling pretty confident that the sit down would go well, but the Director just gave off an intensely cold energy and I couldn't get into the rhythm of conversing with her. It was so off-putting that I couldn't even look at her which is unusual for me because I'm a very confident and outgoing person, but she really creeped me out. By the end of that meeting, I didn't even feel the same rapport with the VP that I had had over the phone. From there I met with the other two Directors. That conversation seemed to go much better and I felt more like myself, but once we were done the female Director's parting words were "Well, it's the first week of interviews." Otherwise known as the "kiss of death". I knew right then that this was not going to happen. I didn't hear from the recruiter the next day, but I sent a "Thank You" to the VP anyway to be polite. I said in my note that everyone had made me feel comfortable, but that really wasn't true. The first female Director was very stand-offish, the second was a little aloof and hard to read, and the male Director was the friendliest and most engaged of the bunch.

I almost didn't apply for the job because I had a friend who had done some contract work for Oakwood a few years ago, and I remembered that she didn't have good things to say about the place. One of her complaints was that the Chairman was not a fan of diversity. I didn't meet him so I can't comment about what kind of person he is or is not, but one thing that was immediately clear as I sat in the lobby and watched employees walking about was that there was not one single person of color. I didn't see any once I was in the offices either. After my interview, I told my friend about my experience and she told me that that was the pretty much the case when she was there. She did recall a couple of Asian employees, but said they were pretty well tucked away in the back. Again, I didn't see any people of color at all so I can't confirm whether there were any tucked away anywhere. I know that the the President of the company is Hispanic and I think the HR person is as well, but I think with the large number of Hispanics working on the properties as maids and maintenance people, it would be necessary to have some people that could hire and manage a large portion of the personnel.

Overall, it was an "experience". Not really a big loss since I don't think I would have enjoyed the people or the work environment. The office is really dark and musty. According to my friend, the building used to be a grocery store so there are few windows and the ventilation is not the best.

Interview Question – How do you manage technical projects?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

Interview Details – First, I received a call from a Recruiter in the LA office and went through a very simple and easy phone interview. Then I went into their local office and did a very laid back and easy interview with a manager there. A few hours later I received an offer for employment. The company seems very easy going and the people were very friendly. I waited for about 20 minutes before my interview, which I didn't mind, it gave me a chance to observe the employees and they seemed very happy. The office was very quiet and laid back, which is great.

Interview Question – None were difficult or unexpected. I was just a general conversation between two people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, I felt the pay is very high compared to the duties required.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oakwood Worldwide in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process first began with a brief phone interview with talent acquisition. After the phone interview they set up a in-person interview later in the week at their headquarters. Their headquarters is very nice and they have their own parking structure, which was both impressive and a relief. If you work in Los Angeles, you understand the importance. Walking through their headquarters was also impressive. You can quickly tell that they maintain a professional, yet friendly atmosphere. The in-person interview was a series of one-on-one interviews with various people in management. The first interview was with a talent specialist who was extremely kind and open and she helped me throughout the whole process. She was very informative and consistently checked on me between interviews to ask if I needed anything and to tell me a tiny bit about the next person that would interview me. The next three interviews were with various levels of management, all of whom were very kind and friendly. They made it easy to be comfortable. Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Since it was an internship, there was no room for negotiation but that's a given with internships. You take what they offer.

Worked for Oakwood Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!