Oatey

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Representative Interview

Technical Representative
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oatey in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted for a phone interview, but the recruiter / H.R. rep was ill-spoken and sounded confused on the message. Through my own resources, I tracked down the H.R. department and followed up. They asked for (another) copy of my resume, and salary requirements. From there I was contacted for a phone interview by their H.R. rep. The actual questions were the basic pre-screening, but a heavy focus on smoking and drug use per their new policies. After a series of leading questions, I was invited to an initial group interview with C.S. super, Director, and H.R. - basic open ended questions and introductions.

After this interview they pulled me aside, and spoke more frankly stating that they were screening to be sure they weren't hiring "a drama queen". After assuring him I was emotionally and professionally stable, I was invited to a third interview meeting a series of directors and decision makers. This was conducted over a period of 4 1/2 hours in a small corporate conference room. I was then interviewed by a series of Sales Managers, product managers, directors, an attorney, and H.R. once again. All parties asked the same questions more or less - basic interview open ended questions.

I was contacted about two weeks later for another 1-1 interview with the Customer Service Manager, where most of the questions pertained to workflow and systems at my current job. Once Id advised her that most of this information was proprietary, she ended the interview. The next day H.R. called for for yet a 5th interview, being a lunch date. We all met at Oatey and drove to a local Bar (just opening up for the day) in Parma, Oh. where 3 customer service reps, their supervisor, and the director all grilled me about my current job and its systems. I cordially skated around the questions, finished lunch and parted with handshakes. On the way out to the parking lot, I asked the Director about compensation as it wasn't covered at any point in these interview. She stated that information would be made available upon an offer of employment.

This was my last communication with Oatey.

In my experience, i felt that these interviews were more fact finding or probing for tips in the implementation in how they do business. I don't use this word often, but VERY SHADY operation.

Interview Questions

• How can your experience and training help to grow our business?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Worked for Oatey? Contribute to the Community!