Oberthur Card Systems

Very Easy Interview

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Exton, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Oberthur Card Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – Horrible

Negotiation Details – Non-existant

N/A Interview

N/A

I applied online and interviewed at Oberthur Card Systems.

Interview Details – I applied online for Position A and was told I'd be a better fit for a higher level, better paying position. They were very anxious to bring me and I adjusted my schedule to make the several hour drive down.

The interview process was very informal and the people were decent. However, the primary supervisor I spent most of the time with spent 90% of the time talking about their operation, about what they wanted to do and gave me little opportunity to talk about myself.

After the interview, they completely shut down all communication. It took six weeks to get a simple, one line item reimbursement check. I'd hate to be their vendors.

Interview Question – I would have needed to be asked a question first. I asked a few myself to gauge their knowledge of the systems in place and the answers that came back were not correct.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Chantilly, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oberthur Card Systems in December 2007.

Interview Details – Posted my resume on Monster.com and was called by Oberthur H/R manager. After filling out application and going through H/R and interviewing with other managers, including video conference to our headquarters in LA, I was contacted to come in for a second and third interview and later called that I had gotten the position. It took about 2-weeks for this whole process. Bringing extra copies of my resume was very helpful as I spoke with many managers. Bring your own set of interview questions as you are also interviewing them to see if it would be a good fit for you. Dress professional and be sure your nails and shoes are clean. Please ask questions but don't be too loud and relax - enjoy the challenge. Take note of your surroundings as you are taken to be interviewed by other managers - are the people around you friendly? Is the office modern? Look at work environment and see if there is privacy or open cubicle concepts where the employees spend their working day. Is there a cafeteria, vending machines, convenient restrooms and don't forget to checkout parking and transportation options. I took note of this as I went from manager to manager. Also, google the company and be knowledgeable about it so you can asked informed questions. Good luck!

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but really sold myself short. Be sure to ask what the range is for the position. I did not and started at the lower end, which I still haven't gotten my salary to where it should be because of that error.

Local Technical Consultant Interview

Local Technical Consultant
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oberthur Card Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – The position is based in Dubai and I'm not in the country from the beginning of the recruitment process. I had passed 2 interviews, one with my future direct manager and one with HR Director. Offer was made some days after the last interview with HR.

Interview Question – The most difficulty and unexpected question related to the relocation. What would assure you that you will enjoy your life in a new country, new culture and to work permanently at Oberthur.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Oberthur made an offer based on my expected salary. Some minor changes about the salary were made due to the fact that labor laws and salary practice in UAE are different from my home country.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oberthur Card Systems.

Interview Details – Three times interview, first with the Project Leader asking about previous experience, second with the Manager asking about qualification and third with the HR discuss about salary and another benefit

Interview Question – Asking about detail of technical implementation of smart card   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Senior Web Developer
Nanterre (France)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Oberthur Card Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – The working atmosphere was professional, and the interview session was very brief but specific. The manager was more concerned about the personality and if I fit in, the team leader conducted the interview as well. They liked me in the end so they hired me.

Researcher Interview

Researcher
Changi Village (Singapore)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oberthur Card Systems in April 2008.

Interview Details – hiring process takes up 3 months, you start with a phone call, then written exam, another 3 sets of interviews, final interview the HR director, and Technical Director, employment offer, negotiation and contract signing

Interview Question – What is production quality code   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation is not much of a hassle you tell them what you want they give you what they can offer, and try to be as close as possible with your asking amount.

Worked for Oberthur Card Systems? Contribute to the Community!