Oberthur Technologies

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oberthur Technologies in December 2007.

Posted my resume on Monster.com and was called by Oberthur H/R manager. After filling out application and going through H/R and interviewing with other managers, including video conference to our headquarters in LA, I was contacted to come in for a second and third interview and later called that I had gotten the position. It took about 2-weeks for this whole process. Bringing extra copies of my resume was very helpful as I spoke with many managers. Bring your own set of interview questions as you are also interviewing them to see if it would be a good fit for you. Dress professional and be sure your nails and shoes are clean. Please ask questions but don't be too loud and relax - enjoy the challenge. Take note of your surroundings as you are taken to be interviewed by other managers - are the people around you friendly? Is the office modern? Look at work environment and see if there is privacy or open cubicle concepts where the employees spend their working day. Is there a cafeteria, vending machines, convenient restrooms and don't forget to checkout parking and transportation options. I took note of this as I went from manager to manager. Also, google the company and be knowledgeable about it so you can asked informed questions. Good luck!

Interview Questions
I was able to negotiate but really sold myself short. Be sure to ask what the range is for the position. I did not and started at the lower end, which I still haven't gotten my salary to where it should be because of that error.