Oberthur Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oberthur Technologies in November 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with 4 different people and the entire process took about 3-4 hours. One of them told me that I would get an answer by no later than Wednesday (interview took place on Monday). I didn't know whether he meant Wednesday in the same week I had the interview or Wednesday the week after - well, it didn't really matter after all since I never got an answer from them.

I think they could have handled it better but it seems that they wouldn't be very promising to their employees either.

Interview Questions

• No surprises... typical interview questions such as "what are your strengths and weaknesses" and "tell me about yourself"   1 Answer

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oberthur Technologies.

Interview

I applied online for Position A and was told I'd be a better fit for a higher level, better paying position. They were very anxious to bring me and I adjusted my schedule to make the several hour drive down.

The interview process was very informal and the people were decent. However, the primary supervisor I spent most of the time with spent 90% of the time talking about their operation, about what they wanted to do and gave me little opportunity to talk about myself.

After the interview, they completely shut down all communication. It took six weeks to get a simple, one line item reimbursement check. I'd hate to be their vendors.

Interview Questions

• I would have needed to be asked a question first. I asked a few myself to gauge their knowledge of the systems in place and the answers that came back were not correct.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Exton, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Horrible

Negotiation

Non-existant

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Chantilly, VA) in December 2007.

Interview

Posted my resume on Monster.com and was called by Oberthur H/R manager. After filling out application and going through H/R and interviewing with other managers, including video conference to our headquarters in LA, I was contacted to come in for a second and third interview and later called that I had gotten the position. It took about 2-weeks for this whole process. Bringing extra copies of my resume was very helpful as I spoke with many managers. Bring your own set of interview questions as you are also interviewing them to see if it would be a good fit for you. Dress professional and be sure your nails and shoes are clean. Please ask questions but don't be too loud and relax - enjoy the challenge. Take note of your surroundings as you are taken to be interviewed by other managers - are the people around you friendly? Is the office modern? Look at work environment and see if there is privacy or open cubicle concepts where the employees spend their working day. Is there a cafeteria, vending machines, convenient restrooms and don't forget to checkout parking and transportation options. I took note of this as I went from manager to manager. Also, google the company and be knowledgeable about it so you can asked informed questions. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but really sold myself short. Be sure to ask what the range is for the position. I did not and started at the lower end, which I still haven't gotten my salary to where it should be because of that error.

Local Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2013.

Interview

The position is based in Dubai and I'm not in the country from the beginning of the recruitment process. I had passed 2 interviews, one with my future direct manager and one with HR Director. Offer was made some days after the last interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• The most difficulty and unexpected question related to the relocation. What would assure you that you will enjoy your life in a new country, new culture and to work permanently at Oberthur.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Oberthur made an offer based on my expected salary. Some minor changes about the salary were made due to the fact that labor laws and salary practice in UAE are different from my home country.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

Three times interview, first with the Project Leader asking about previous experience, second with the Manager asking about qualification and third with the HR discuss about salary and another benefit

Interview Questions

• Asking about detail of technical implementation of smart card   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in July 2011.

Interview

It was nice, the HR was very very friendly and eager to really know about me even though i was a bit nervous. There were question and papers to be filled in, and they provided enough time for that. I was provided with warm tea for drink. I think it is to make me feel relax. The technical questions were not that hard. I think the most important thing is that they wanted to know what kind of person i am and what is my attitude towards work and life.

Développeur Principal Web Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanterre (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Nanterre (France)) in May 2010.

Interview

L'ambiance de travail était professionnelle et la séance d'entretien était très brève mais spécifique. Le responsable était plus intéressé à ma personnalité et si j'étais approprié. Le chef d'équipe a aussi conduit l'entretien. Ils m'ont aimé à la fin, alors ils m'ont embauché.

The working atmosphere was professional, and the interview session was very brief but specific. The manager was more concerned about the personality and if I fit in, the team leader conducted the interview as well. They liked me in the end so they hired me.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Changi Village (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oberthur Technologies (Changi Village (Singapore)) in April 2008.

Interview

hiring process takes up 3 months, you start with a phone call, then written exam, another 3 sets of interviews, final interview the HR director, and Technical Director, employment offer, negotiation and contract signing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation is not much of a hassle you tell them what you want they give you what they can offer, and try to be as close as possible with your asking amount.