Oberweis Dairy Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

Door to Door Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Oberweis Dairy in June 2013.

This is a very typical sales interview. You are being sold on the potential to make a very good income ( $60,000) . You are an employee of the company and your income is 100% commision. Training is two weeks at $400 a week. There is a background check and a drug test you must pass.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pleasant and more of a sales presentation.   Answer Question

I decided door to door sales wasn't what I wanted to do.

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oberweis Dairy.

The hiring process is ridiculous. You have a phone screen, then an in person interview, go to a store for an "on the job experience", interview with the DM and then an assessment test you take that lasts about 1 1/2 hours. They act like you are applying for this 6 figure position. I ever got a call back after going through 2 months of this process. I think its very unprofessional to lead someone on with going through the motions of all this for a job and not having the professionalism to at least call people back.

Interview Questions
    • They were basic interview questions. Why do you want to work for Oberweis. What are your strenghts and weaknessess. Talk about your previous job history. How you would handle a difficult customer or employee.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palatine, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oberweis Dairy in April 2012.

my first interview went great it took about an hour and we went over alot of stuff overall i was told id get a second interview. the second interview was at 9am which was no problem. the person who hires the shift leaders had a totally different way of interviewing which from what i understand is normally how its supposed to happen,but ive personally never had one like that. that interview only lasted about 15 minutes with a short goodbye and was told i would be getting a call in a few days.i waited several days before calling back and it took a few tries before some one with the knowledge of my interview would speak to me. i was then politely told they found some one better for the position basically meaning i didn't get the job for what ever reason. the store manager was very polite and sincere s there were no hard feelings. overall it wasn't to bad i guess personally i was just unprepared for the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • what are my pet peeves about working in the food restaurant industry?   View Answer
    • what would my previous employer say about me?   View Answer

Scooper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mokena, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mokena, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oberweis Dairy in December 2009.

I walked into Oberweis and tried to get myself an application for employment at the store. I completed it and asked if there was any way I could possibly get a hold of the manager of the store, so I could introduce myself. When I did, I was asked if I wanted an interview on the spot. Luckily, I was somewhat prepared to do so. I was hired on the spot and working by the next week. The manager emphasized that she and her crew were like a family and worked hard together. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions
    • How able are you to work in a fast food environment where you prepare food for customers? Are you a sanitary person?   View Answer
    • How good are you at multitasking?   View Answer
    N/A

Store Manager Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oberweis Dairy in January 2009.

Applied on-line and was called by the hiring manager. Completed an over-the-phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with the District Manager. Invited to for an "on the job evaluation" with a store manager, concluding with a face-to-face interview with the VP of dairy stores. Completed a personality test, back ground check, reference and education check. Offered position contigent on a drug screen.

Worked for Oberweis Dairy? Contribute to the Community!