Oberweis Dairy Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

2.7

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Oberweis Dairy (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was basically a description of the job along with a few questions about availability. The process was very laid back and calm. The questions asked were very similar to what you filled out on the application.

Another job offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oberweis Dairy.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the week after. I went in and they had me fill out a physical application,. Unfortunately, this was my first interview ever and I didn't bring my social security number. We actually had the interview outside where there was two people interviewing me. Both of them were really nice and the interview was pretty easy. I just wasn't what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Oberweis Dairy in June 2013.

Interview

This is a very typical sales interview. You are being sold on the potential to make a very good income ( $60,000) . You are an employee of the company and your income is 100% commision. Training is two weeks at $400 a week. There is a background check and a drug test you must pass.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pleasant and more of a sales presentation.   Answer Question

I decided door to door sales wasn't what I wanted to do.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oberweis Dairy.

Interview

The hiring process is ridiculous. You have a phone screen, then an in person interview, go to a store for an "on the job experience", interview with the DM and then an assessment test you take that lasts about 1 1/2 hours. They act like you are applying for this 6 figure position. I ever got a call back after going through 2 months of this process. I think its very unprofessional to lead someone on with going through the motions of all this for a job and not having the professionalism to at least call people back.

Interview Questions

• They were basic interview questions. Why do you want to work for Oberweis. What are your strenghts and weaknessess. Talk about your previous job history. How you would handle a difficult customer or employee.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oberweis Dairy (Palatine, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

my first interview went great it took about an hour and we went over alot of stuff overall i was told id get a second interview. the second interview was at 9am which was no problem. the person who hires the shift leaders had a totally different way of interviewing which from what i understand is normally how its supposed to happen,but ive personally never had one like that. that interview only lasted about 15 minutes with a short goodbye and was told i would be getting a call in a few days.i waited several days before calling back and it took a few tries before some one with the knowledge of my interview would speak to me. i was then politely told they found some one better for the position basically meaning i didn't get the job for what ever reason. the store manager was very polite and sincere s there were no hard feelings. overall it wasn't to bad i guess personally i was just unprepared for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• what are my pet peeves about working in the food restaurant industry?   1 Answer
    • what would my previous employer say about me?   1 Answer

Scooper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mokena, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oberweis Dairy (Mokena, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

I walked into Oberweis and tried to get myself an application for employment at the store. I completed it and asked if there was any way I could possibly get a hold of the manager of the store, so I could introduce myself. When I did, I was asked if I wanted an interview on the spot. Luckily, I was somewhat prepared to do so. I was hired on the spot and working by the next week. The manager emphasized that she and her crew were like a family and worked hard together. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• How able are you to work in a fast food environment where you prepare food for customers? Are you a sanitary person?   1 Answer
    • How good are you at multitasking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oberweis Dairy in January 2009.

Interview

Applied on-line and was called by the hiring manager. Completed an over-the-phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview with the District Manager. Invited to for an "on the job evaluation" with a store manager, concluding with a face-to-face interview with the VP of dairy stores. Completed a personality test, back ground check, reference and education check. Offered position contigent on a drug screen.