Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt

Unknown Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt in February 2014.

Interview appeared to go well but was too general. It was a get to know you type of interview that did not involve any heavy questions on the background.

Summer Associate (Patent Law) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

interviewed at Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustadt in October 2010.

There were two rounds of interviews, each with about 5 partners and associates. A couple of the interviewers quizzed me on my scientific field (organic chemistry), so you may want to brush up on your technical field, especially if you haven't worked as a patent examiner. It wasn't so much difficult as it was long.

Interview Questions
    • The organic chemistry pop quiz was *somewhat* unexpected, but wasn't completely out of left field, and I didn't find it too difficult. The question that gave me the most trouble was whether I could survive in the "shark tank" (handle dealing with other attorneys on a daily basis). Perhaps I got this question because I'm a little soft-spoken and shy.   Answer Question