Océ North America

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Océ North America.

Interview Details – I was hired as a consultant. I worked in this capacity for 6 months and then I was offered a full time job. I started in Dec. 2004

Interview Question – If you could be a tree, which kind would you be and why?   View Answer

Print Engineer Interview

Print Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Océ North America in June 2012.

Interview Details – I currently work for Oce and I applied internally. After a gamut of local interviews, I heard nothing for months. I sent several follow up questions to the hiring manager and there was zero response. Ditto from the HR hiring manager. A friend of mine, out of work, was applying for the same position and received zero communications either.

I finally demanded an answer when the job posting was taken down. The hiring manager sent an email telling me I did not get the job almost two weeks AFTER it was announced company wide that the job was filled. Nice.

Interview Question – Some of the technical team expected me to know how to fix problems on their equipment, which, unless you already worked there, you would NOT know how to do. Some of my future coworkers seemed very arrogant. I didn't like them.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Metairie, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Océ North America in December 2011.

Interview Details – I first interviewed with this company at a job fair. Now that Canon bought this dying company it will have more of a market share and better benefits along with carrying the Canon name. The local office manager in Metairie is a very personable man who I interviewed with 3 separate times. First was the introduction interview which was just about the company and my resume. Next I was invited into the local branch to meet with the office manager again to talk more in depth about what the company did and to meet the local rep from Canon. I was then invited back for a third interview to meet with the Oce N.A. Regional Mgr. with the understanding that they were down to two candidates, me and one other. After this interview I was told that I was the front runner for the position but they would not hire until January. It is now almost February and I have not been contacted, but the company continues to put job listings for this position online. Dont waste your time with this company! Not only was my time wasted for three interviews but I was then lied to! If you dont have the courage to tell someone simply that they didnt get the job, but continue to converse with them, you should not be a manager. Grow some!

Salary is 27k-35k depending on experience with a 300$ a month car allowance. This job is outside B2B sales mostly cold selling. Canon is pretty much the most expensive product to sell in this market so your job is more of selling a way to benefit the customers business plan, not the product.

Interview Question – If I asked your most recent manager about your worst quality, what would he say?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Technical
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Océ North America in April 2010.

Interview Details – I actually have interviewed multiple times with this company. Each time was different.

In the last round, where I was offered a job, the first was a long phone interview with an HR person in Chicago who asked about 50 questions about everything related to the field, but she clearly had no idea what my answers meant. It was basically just a screening process. Some of them seemed silly, and many of them did relate to what the position entailed at all.

My second round was with the hiring manager and an upper level executive at the same time. This one was more geared toward the actual position. Their questions were relevant and worthwhile. They did mention the inner conflicts that pervade the organization, but it certainly did not prepare me for what the company is really like. I tried to get as much inside corporate culture information as possible. Unfortunately, until you put "boots on the ground," getting this can be very difficult without sites like Glassdoor.

I should mention something very important. Oce outsources their reference investigation chores, so you won't be hired until they connect with your references. This may mean they make one call, and expect your references to keep calling back. It was very embarrassing, and should have been my first warning sign.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to overcome adverse conditions in a previous job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much. Unfortunately, when my future boss called to offer me a job, I was home sick with a fever, so I was hardly at the top of my game. I should have pushed for more money- i think i got lowballed. Be careful because they do not always uphold their preemployment agreements, either.

If I am not painting a rosy picture, then take t under advisement.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Trumbull, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Océ North America in April 2009.

Interview Details – Two step process. Initial interview with hiring manager followed by interview with 3 or more team members or management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Straight forward.

Very Difficult Interview

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Océ North America in August 2008.

Interview Details – HR recruiter was incompetant to interview senior level person. . First, she never called on the date and time agreed to. I followed up and she demanded the discussion at that time or "no interview", (I was already on another call when she she called). She had no idea as to "ideas" only wanted to discuss "the check list" of questions (4), non of which were relevant to the position and level. Felt as though she was "going through the motions"! It's amazing corporate America allows these "gate keepers" to decide if a candidate moves forward. Any wonder corporate America is in trouble.

Interview Questions

• Very first question was, "Where do you live"?   View Answer
  • Next three questions, were the number of people I supervised at previous positions/employers.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Océ North America in May 2009.

Interview Details – One phone call with the Manager, which was basically asking me to come for a face to face interview. The one on one interview was odd, I wasn't really asked any questions. The manager tried very hard to sell the job to me. He talked the whole time, and I basically had to open up and talk when I could get a word in.

Interview Question – Will you do whatever I tell you to do, because I've been successful?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Low pay, the offer was for $30,000/year plus commission and auto allowance. Generally, just wasn't interested in the position.

Commercial Sales Representative Interview

Commercial Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Océ North America in January 2012.

Interview Details – met branch mgr, service mgr, some region folks and several sales reps. did a ride along...the guy i was with had been there about 18 months...he seemed to like the job, but did say support at times was less than good...service was slow sometimes..this isnt what I wanted to hear..been there-done that!

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – poor pay..poor benefits and didnt like the direct report ..she was young and inexperienced

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

AREA SALES MANAGER

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Océ North America in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers Interviewed with several managers

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Océ North America in October 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager for the position. Interview was informal, and the manager didn't seem to have any prepared interview questions. Culture seems to be one of micromanagement; AE's in this office would report to the office daily at 8am, for reasons the hiring manager couldn't credibly explain, then, hit the streets by 9am, only to return to the office at 4pm.

Interview Question – How do you deal with negative co-workers?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – With a documented and demonstrated track record of sales success, I didn't feel it necessary to be in the office every day at 8 and 4. Also, upon interviewing, I discovered that my territory was 63 miles away from the office, and didn't feel that the compensation potential would effectively offset the expenses, and wear and tear on my vehicle.

Worked for Océ North America? Contribute to the Community!