Ocbc Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Applied through their website and received a call go for Interview at OCBC Centre @Chulia Street. Quite awkward during the interview as it was conducted in a 2 vs 2 scenario. The hiring manager/ HR and 2 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you do not achieve the set targets for a few months in a row?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank in August 2015.

Interview

Quite fast, Waiting time is long. Interviewer focuses on the Key Performance Criteria (KPI), see whether you are able to meet 40,000 revenue target before applying for it. Main focus is sales target, integrity and other staff are secondary.

Business Development Manager (Commercial Property Loans) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

Did a personality test before the interview. Went for total of 2 rounds of interview. 1st round of interview is with the HR and 2 hiring managers. Mainly same questions asked during an interview. Focus more on the job scope itself. 2nd round of interview is with the business head, 1 to 1 interview. Focus more on your own personality and strength.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell us more about yourself 2) What do you think will cause you to fail in this job? 3) What are the 3 reasons for you to stay in the company & to leave the company 4) Why OCBC? 5) What do you think you have that we should hire you and not the other applicants?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Applied on their website, got called for interview 2 weeks later. There is only 1 round of interview with 2 interviewers from HR and 1 from the department you would be working in.

Personal Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

You will be interviewed by two people, one from HR and the other a branch manager. It's rather normal, you will be asked the usual questions, although right from the outset they will inform you on their KPI, and that they take it very seriously when people fail to achieve it.

IT Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Mostly based on your grades and your experience. Since I was not experienced then , I had certifications on two of the technology producrt that they were using and that got me through the interview . The interview went on for about 45 minutes. more technical than behavioral .

Personal Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Dropped my resume off at NUS career fair slightly more than a month ago and they called me down for an interview a fortnight back. 30-min long process with 2 interviewers (one from HR, one was called the hiring manager). They were pleasant and conversational, found that I could afford to inject some humour to lighten up the interview process. Was prompted to start with a short introduction about myself. I guess for this role they wanted to see how well you can make a connection with strangers (them) so if you're a sociable creature to start off with that's great. I also appreciated that they were quite upfront/frank about the job scope (did not embellish it) so they wanted to know, despite that knowledge, how genuine and eager you still are for the job. They will also pick on your responses to further the interview so don't make any claims that you can't back up. Also I think they were quite pleased that I had some degree of fluency in a few other languages (so if you do - play it up!). My advice is to read up on the job scope (basically just selling financial products) and be charming haha.

Interview Questions

• Why OCBC? Why this job (knowing that the hours are long and targets can be quite stressful)?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipoh (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Ipoh (Malaysia)).

Interview

Firstly, fill in the paperwork. Question bout your personal details and bring along passport size picture Second, several interviewer will ask what is your weakness & strength. Next, there were two main interviewer from sales and customer department. Exam result is important. If not, prepare to answer why you are better than those with better result. Ask about some basic and situation question. Remain calm and confidence. Remember to look neat and formal.

Business Banking Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

the interview was swift and took less than 30 mins. they ask the surface questions: like introduction of yourself, and ask about the understandings of the job scope before explaining why is it all about. there's a lot more of the questions. but overall the interview is fine and both the team leaders and hr staff are friendly. I didn't get the offer, and was referred to be a Business Development Manager instead, and will be going for second round of interview with different panel of interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges faced in your previous job experience?   Answer Question

Settlements Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

The process is structured and less tense. It is conducted in a way to get to know you better approach to assess if you are fit for the role.