Ocbc Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Applied through their website and received a call go for Interview at OCBC Centre @Chulia Street. Quite awkward during the interview as it was conducted in a 2 vs 2 scenario. The hiring manager/ HR and 2 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you do not achieve the set targets for a few months in a row?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Dropped my resume off at NUS career fair slightly more than a month ago and they called me down for an interview a fortnight back. 30-min long process with 2 interviewers (one from HR, one was called the hiring manager). They were pleasant and conversational, found that I could afford to inject some humour to lighten up the interview process. Was prompted to start with a short introduction about myself. I guess for this role they wanted to see how well you can make a connection with strangers (them) so if you're a sociable creature to start off with that's great. I also appreciated that they were quite upfront/frank about the job scope (did not embellish it) so they wanted to know, despite that knowledge, how genuine and eager you still are for the job. They will also pick on your responses to further the interview so don't make any claims that you can't back up. Also I think they were quite pleased that I had some degree of fluency in a few other languages (so if you do - play it up!). My advice is to read up on the job scope (basically just selling financial products) and be charming haha.

Interview Questions

• Why OCBC? Why this job (knowing that the hours are long and targets can be quite stressful)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Direct and realistic
    30mins with all the necessary questions
    Helpful is clarifying my queries

Did provide some insight and the tough job I will be facing
    Nevertheless, telling me the sacrifices I must be ready for

IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Good interview with relevant job details
    Try to understand your strengths and experience.
    Ask about your previous job experience.
    Ask about what can you contribute.
    Ask what can you contribute to the bank and in the future.

StructuredProgrammer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

It was pleasant and the department managers were very friendly and informative. The interview took about 20-30 minutes. The managers explained the internship details clearly and asked if I had any questions. They were also concerned about what I was looking out for in the internship and showed attempts to achieving a win-win situation whereby I stand to gain from this internship and that I am able to add value to their organisation.

Interview Questions

• Firstly they asked if I knew what the internship entailed and then they asked about myself, my past experiences and my community involvement programme.   Answer Question

Interview

A short interview asking about past experiences, focusing on customer service experiences and questions. General interview questions like tell me about yourself, why you fit this role, what do you know about the job scope itself. The Human Resource interviewer was friendly, while the branch manager was more serious. Some behavioural questions might be asked according what you share with them

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourselves.
      How do you sell your product from your past promoting experience.
      How do you deal with difficult customers

Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

2 rounds of interview, call up and interview within a week. Process is quite fast

1 to 1 interview followed by panel interview (if you clear the 1 to 1) with several candidates and managers

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself
      What challenges do you expect to face at this role

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were nice and friendly .The whole process took around 10 minutes.2 of them asked some questions about my background and the other One was just sitting there and did nothing. Theres no technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What made you think you can do sales
      How do you release your stress

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was swift. Informed of outcome one day after the interview. Basic questions were asked. Questions on how to promote products were asked too. Panel interview consisted of 2 hiring managers and 1 hr personnel.

Young Bankers Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Apply online, video interview, face to face. Make sure you apply on time to get a role that you want. If you apply too late, you may not get the position you want. Note that I have not received an offer yet as I just had the interview yesterday but I just selected yes and I accepted because the system needed me to do so.

Interview Questions

• Did you work together well in a team? Was there a time where there were disagreements?   Answer Question