Ocbc Bank

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.8

Pfc Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Fast. Resume sent on Friday, HR called for interview on a Sunday. Results were out the day after interview. There was quite a wait on interview day while the interview itself was a very brief and fast one.

Interview Questions
    • the bank's products are intangible, which is very different from your experience in selling tangible products. How will you manage?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ocbc Bank in November 2014.

There were multiple stages. First one was a video interview using an external video website. Followed up by first round of HR interviews presumably followed by departmental interviews. The HR interviewer was a recent graduate and associate. It was a shame that I did not get a further opportunity to interview with other people as I feel we did not manage to connect.

Interview Questions
    • Standard, generic questions, nothing overly complicated.   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Since it was a direct hire position, there was only 1 round of interview which lasted approximately 1hr. Mostly were behavioral questions. There were 2 interviewers during the interviews, my hiring manager and the hr manager. Both were friendly and nice.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond or contribute during an economic downturn when the bank is facing a crisis   Answer Question

Too much overtime

Service Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

I applied online and got a call asking me to go down for an interview. Was giving a written test upon reaching to be completed within 20 minutes. Went in for interview after that. Very pleasant people (3 interviewers).

Market Risk Interview

I was referred by my friend and I simply went through a phone interview. The process took about 1-2 weeks. Questions asked were general ones such as why are you interested in this position. Also got technical questions such like what is a call option etc. It was not that difficult. Just be honest.

Pfc Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

first round with 3 interviewer and 3 interviewee at one time. if success then proceed second round with hiring manager. unexpexted it is 3 interviewer and 3 interviewee in one time. hire team wanna see your personality and aggressiveness during the interview.

Intern Interview

Just one interview for the retail banking intern. Interview was directly with the manager/superviser. The specific department was only revealed at the interview.

Interviewer did not ask any technical questions. More concerned about the previous experiences stated on the CV.

Entire session was more of the interviewer sharing the job scope of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how hard it is to set up a new product, for example fast food product.   Answer Question

Personal Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Two rounds of interview on the same day.

First round is a panel of three interviewing three candidates at one go.
    Second round is one to one interview with the cluster head.

Non-technical in nature, basically an understanding of why you want this job.

Interview Questions
    • This job is not easy. Tell me why you want it.   View Answer

Personal Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raffles Park (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Raffles Park (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ocbc Bank in September 2014.

Interview process is intense, first ask you basic question, then general knowledge and test your response to the question. They will be two interviewers, they're many applicants compete with you. So you need to stand out from the crowd and of course to get to know someone who works inside and understand their job scope will help out slightly. Most importantly is to work out your general knowledge and reaction.

Interview Questions
    • Since you are an economic student, what do you think the recent global economy.   Answer Question
    • What's the biggest challenge for this role?   Answer Question
    • If you face rejection, what would you do? Sales and customer service, which one is the most important and why?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested In selling banking products?   Answer Question
    • Why OCBC instead of other bank/ financial institution? It doesn't mean you're finance student, you've to work in a bank. Why as a finance student, you choose to work in a bank instead?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

1 round of face-to-face interview by 4 members of different teams. Interview lasted 40 minutes long. Got the results of the interview after about 2.5 weeks. Interviewers asked pretty standard questions of your strengths, how you can contribute, past work/cca experiences, relevant current affairs, why you want the position, etc.