Ocbc Bank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

OCBC Young Bankers Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Took around 1 month+ in total.
    Starting with Video and Virtual interview, follow by round 1 with the HR and round 2 with managers.
    Quite manageable overall.
    Standard HR questions about skill sets.

Young Bankers Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

I did a virtual interview online alongside with a video resume administered by SHL.
    after 1 week, got called up by HR for an interview with the HR. It was a one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• What would your current employer say about your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Young Banker's Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Standard HR questions about describing a time where you had difficulties getting a team to work together and how did you inspire a team to work together. Also included sharing about a time where you had to deal with difficult clients

Interview Questions

• sharing about a time where you had to deal with difficult clients   Answer Question

Personal Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

It's not a difficult inteveiew as the turn over rates are high. What they do not share is the commission system but I have cross checked with some friends who are doing this job and realised that Te commission isn't that bad as it hits to at least 3k monthly if u hit the target. The only problem is hitting the target. I don think they would fire u for not hitting it as hitting a 100% target could be impossible. But maybe u need to hit 50% I guess. So the commission u make could be 1-2 k for a competant pfc. And take note they pay out every 3 months for commissions.

Be sure to enphasize on your interpersonal skill to excel in this

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would hurry your decision very quickly. but you can choose a later starting date and sign the contract. Because the contract only takes effect if u start the training program and there's no penalty for declining the offer after signing it before u start the training

Pfc Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

went for the interview and i don't really like it when the interviewers don't introduce themselves. It is basic courtesy and they merely told me their ranks when i introduce my name. The first interviewer which i presume is the HR consultant also did not introduce themselves. I mean don't be so proud of your own rank when the hr person intro your rank it doesn't mean u must not introduce your name. i am sure you can't even sell me the pen you are holding if i challenged you.

To HR, if the opporttunity is obviously not favourable just be honest.

Interview Questions

Interview

Started off with tell me about your self ? Then the interviewer proceeded with asking many behavioral and situational questions. For example , "Tell me about a time when you cannot meet a deadline?"

Interview Questions

• The interview kept asking situational questions. Be prepared to have a set of stories to answer her.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Applied through the career portal. Was called up for an interview at their office and asked to complete a personality test form which was required for submission during the interview day. Two stages of interview, first round is a panel interview with three interviewers, and second round is one-to-one interview.

Pfc Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ocbc Bank.

Interview

Fast. Resume sent on Friday, HR called for interview on a Sunday. Results were out the day after interview. There was quite a wait on interview day while the interview itself was a very brief and fast one.

Interview Questions

• the bank's products are intangible, which is very different from your experience in selling tangible products. How will you manage?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

There were multiple stages. First one was a video interview using an external video website. Followed up by first round of HR interviews presumably followed by departmental interviews. The HR interviewer was a recent graduate and associate. It was a shame that I did not get a further opportunity to interview with other people as I feel we did not manage to connect.

Interview Questions

• Standard, generic questions, nothing overly complicated.   Answer Question