Occidental Petroleum

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2012.

It was a first-round interview, so I still do not know if I got the internship or not at this point. One point I would like to make about this interview was that it didn't really give me the opportunity to really impress the interviewers. They would look up and down the resume and simply ask my questions on it; simple questions like what is this or that? Describe this or that. The only actual interview question they asked was "What was your biggest challenge in _______ company?", and I was a little taken aback from the sudden change in objectives. Overall, I believe Occidental was represented well by professional interviewers who were not overly friendly, but not at all intimidating. I was taken into a room where the interviewers and then afterwards, I was led out. It was a relatively normal interview.

Interview Questions
  • What was your biggest challenge in ______ company?   View Answer