Occidental Petroleum

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Internship Interview

Engineering Internship
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was a first-round interview, so I still do not know if I got the internship or not at this point. One point I would like to make about this interview was that it didn't really give me the opportunity to really impress the interviewers. They would look up and down the resume and simply ask my questions on it; simple questions like what is this or that? Describe this or that. The only actual interview question they asked was "What was your biggest challenge in _______ company?", and I was a little taken aback from the sudden change in objectives. Overall, I believe Occidental was represented well by professional interviewers who were not overly friendly, but not at all intimidating. I was taken into a room where the interviewers and then afterwards, I was led out. It was a relatively normal interview.

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge in ______ company?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Occidental Petroleum

Worked for Occidental Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Occidental Petroleum Engineering Internship interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Occidental Petroleum employees and interview candidates.