Occidental Petroleum

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Occidental Petroleum

Interview Details – On-campus interview only. Had a panel of three people asking me questions for a period of about an hour. I thought that I had done fairly well; unfortunately, I was not given an offer.

Interview Question – All were pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Interview Details – Handed in resume to a professional at a student organization career fair. Attended info session at university. Networked with professionals. Applied through an university career website and the company's website. Went in for an on-campus interview. Nice people, but did not enjoy the structure of the interview. Asked for business cards, but was told only the recruiter may be contacted. Received decision by email almost a month after.

Interview Question – Describe a technical problem you have faced and how you solved it. (There were three or four questions that were similar to this.)   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Interview Details – Job Fair and Applying Online

Interview Question – Tell us about a time in which you had a problem working with a group. What did you do?   Answer Question

Norman, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submission at the school career site. Then followed by followup from one of the employee of Oxy. Then finally shortlisted for an Interview.

Interview Question – Question that as to do with making use of a software I listed on my resume. Did not expect that.   View Answer

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview Details – During the interview I was first taken into a room where the head HR lady introduced herself and asked me a few questions that did not pertain to the job (mostly just formalities. I was then taken into another room and interviewed by two men. The first thing one of the men asked was how I was enjoying my Petroleum Engineering classes when it was very clearly stated on my resume that I am studying Mechanical Engineering. The whole interview was pretty much a waste of time. After several minutes of pointless questions they told me to go back and talk to the HR lady again. I knocked on the door and she said "Good morning! I'm glad to see you here this morning." Note that this was 15 minutes after she had already talked to me. It was very obvious that she had no memory of me being there before. Big waste of time considering that OXY asked ME for an interview!

Interview Question – How do you like your Petroleum Engineering classes?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Occidental Petroleum

Worked for Occidental Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!