Occidental Petroleum

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

I applied through a recruiting event. The only negative thing was that they told me to expect a call, but they never got back to me. I would have appreciated it if they told me I didn't get the internship so I could make other plans.

Interview Questions
  • They really just asked about my resume and experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Occidental Petroleum

Intern Interview

On-campus interview only. Had a panel of three people asking me questions for a period of about an hour. I thought that I had done fairly well; unfortunately, I was not given an offer.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Job Fair and Applying Online

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time in which you had a problem working with a group. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Handed in resume to a professional at a student organization career fair. Attended info session at university. Networked with professionals. Applied through an university career website and the company's website. Went in for an on-campus interview. Nice people, but did not enjoy the structure of the interview. Asked for business cards, but was told only the recruiter may be contacted. Received decision by email almost a month after.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical problem you have faced and how you solved it. (There were three or four questions that were similar to this.)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2012.

Submission at the school career site. Then followed by followup from one of the employee of Oxy. Then finally shortlisted for an Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Question that as to do with making use of a software I listed on my resume. Did not expect that.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

During the interview I was first taken into a room where the head HR lady introduced herself and asked me a few questions that did not pertain to the job (mostly just formalities. I was then taken into another room and interviewed by two men. The first thing one of the men asked was how I was enjoying my Petroleum Engineering classes when it was very clearly stated on my resume that I am studying Mechanical Engineering. The whole interview was pretty much a waste of time. After several minutes of pointless questions they told me to go back and talk to the HR lady again. I knocked on the door and she said "Good morning! I'm glad to see you here this morning." Note that this was 15 minutes after she had already talked to me. It was very obvious that she had no memory of me being there before. Big waste of time considering that OXY asked ME for an interview!

Interview Questions
    • How do you like your Petroleum Engineering classes?   View Answer