Occidental Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.4

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

I applied through a recruiting event. The only negative thing was that they told me to expect a call, but they never got back to me. I would have appreciated it if they told me I didn't get the internship so I could make other plans.

Interview Questions
    • They really just asked about my resume and experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

The phone interview went very well. There were two people. Excellent interview process, simple, technical , managers were excellent.asked a lot of questions, asked about previous experience along with detail questions on education and background ,

Good

Geoscience Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

I applied and about a month I had an over the phone interview that was fairly straightforward with no trick questions. I was then emailed for an in person panel style interview. The interview questions were behavioral based and were also formulated from my resume. All in all it went smoothly and was very well organized.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected, like I previously stated. They were not trying to trick me or asked complicated questions. They just wanted to get a feel for who I was as a candidate.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

On-campus interview only. Had a panel of three people asking me questions for a period of about an hour. I thought that I had done fairly well; unfortunately, I was not given an offer.

Staff Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Questions were mostly technical. They asked what kinds of skills I had. They asked about my educational background. HR encourages behavior based interviewing, but the technical staff generally want to know work experience and education. The questions consist mostly of questions about past experiences and clarifying the answers given. The interviews are somewhat informal.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any trick questions or surprises. Just the basics here. What have you worked on, what skills do you have and what are your strengths?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I accepted the initial offer.

Surface Landman Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in June 2014.

Phone interview in response to submitted resume. This was the initial screening interview to determine whether to take my application to the next level. The interviewer was friendly, casual and disarming but asked pointed, difficult to answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of an entrepreneurial approach you used in overcoming an challenge at work?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Applied through company website and was asked to take an online assessment about 3 weeks after application. Analytical and excel assessments were not too difficult. Was called about a month after for a panel style interview and took another in house assessment. Notified I had the job about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions - why do you want to work here - long/short term goals.   Answer Question

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Applied and submitted job application. Great interview with some old Cities services managers.

Salary rate was better than previous job.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

College recruitment

Interview Questions
    If you have an offer for a location you do not want to go be prepared to either take and and learn to settle there or tell them no and hope for a counter offer. At the time i was not sure i would get another job so i took the first offer and was vaguely promised a move withing a year. Never happened don't settle;e unless you are desperate.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview process was smooth