Occidental Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Quick and efficient, asked for work samples, success stories, challenges, etc. There was an initial phone screen (HR), then a one-on-one with incumbent; then a team meeting(s) and then some final calls with HR.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in communications and project management?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very smooth - I had a first offer on the table, so Oxy wanted to counter quickly with a better offer. They did, and I accepted.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview

College recruitment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have an offer for a location you do not want to go be prepared to either take and and learn to settle there or tell them no and hope for a counter offer. At the time i was not sure i would get another job so i took the first offer and was vaguely promised a move withing a year. Never happened don't settle;e unless you are desperate.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied and submitted job application. Great interview with some old Cities services managers.

Negotiation

Salary rate was better than previous job.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process was smooth

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview

Interview for OxyChem. Easy inteview. one on one just to get to know you. 30 mins

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about the experiences at your previous jobs?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview

Take 4+ week to interview

Materials Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in November 2013.

Interview

Had a series of 6 45 minute interviews, everyone was laid back and nice. Primarily asked behavioral type questions. Most of the questions were pretty straight forward nothing to try and trick you or catch you off guard. They are looking for people who really fit in with the community and culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed, why did you fail? How did you overcome the failure?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

A representative outside of the company will contact you and ask you questions pertaining to the position to make sure you are qualified.

Interview Questions

• What's the most challenging thing you experienced as your previous employer   Answer Question

Supply Chain Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Scheduled an interview after a college career fair. It was a team interview in which the two guys went back and forth asking mostly behavioral questions. There was a lot of opportunity for discussion and elaboration between questions. I think it went well and I am waiting on call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a manager had a miscommunication, and how you resolved the situation   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Interview

Job Fair and Applying Online

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time in which you had a problem working with a group. What did you do?   Answer Question