Occidental Petroleum

Very Easy Interview

Revenue Accountant Interview

Revenue Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview Details – Applied and submitted job application. Great interview with some old Cities services managers.

Negotiation Details – Salary rate was better than previous job.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview Details – College recruitment

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have an offer for a location you do not want to go be prepared to either take and and learn to settle there or tell them no and hope for a counter offer. At the time i was not sure i would get another job so i took the first offer and was vaguely promised a move withing a year. Never happened don't settle;e unless you are desperate.

Land Negotiator Interview

Land Negotiator
Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on line for a summer internship through the OXY website, was selected for an on campus interview, notified via email. Interviewed with 2 employees, for 30 mins. Basic behavioral job interview questions, they like you answer to be formatter like this [state the problem, the solution then the outcome]. Very laid back. Heard back about a month or two later. Did not try and negotiate offer. Was drug tested shortly before I was supposed to start the job. It was a hair test. Finished 3 month interview and was offered a job. Everybody in my intern class got full time offers.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary, just the usual behavioral stuff... Tell me about a time when you failed and how you overcame it, tell me about a time when you had to work in a group, or with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Reservoir Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth

Interview Question – No extreme questions. Just the usual.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview Details – Interview for OxyChem. Easy inteview. one on one just to get to know you. 30 mins

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?
Tell me about the experiences at your previous jobs?
  Answer Question

Materials Specialist Interview

Materials Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had a series of 6 45 minute interviews, everyone was laid back and nice. Primarily asked behavioral type questions. Most of the questions were pretty straight forward nothing to try and trick you or catch you off guard. They are looking for people who really fit in with the community and culture.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you failed, why did you fail? How did you overcome the failure?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Interview Details – Handed in resume to a professional at a student organization career fair. Attended info session at university. Networked with professionals. Applied through an university career website and the company's website. Went in for an on-campus interview. Nice people, but did not enjoy the structure of the interview. Asked for business cards, but was told only the recruiter may be contacted. Received decision by email almost a month after.

Interview Question – Describe a technical problem you have faced and how you solved it. (There were three or four questions that were similar to this.)   View Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Reservoir Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview Details – Take 4+ week to interview

Interview Question – Really basic questions about your resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Interview Details – Job Fair and Applying Online

Interview Question – Tell us about a time in which you had a problem working with a group. What did you do?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Assistant II Interview

Supply Chain Assistant II
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Interview Details – Scheduled an interview after a college career fair. It was a team interview in which the two guys went back and forth asking mostly behavioral questions. There was a lot of opportunity for discussion and elaboration between questions. I think it went well and I am waiting on call back.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you and a manager had a miscommunication, and how you resolved the situation   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Occidental Petroleum