Occidental Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.4

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

College recruitment

Interview Questions
    If you have an offer for a location you do not want to go be prepared to either take and and learn to settle there or tell them no and hope for a counter offer. At the time i was not sure i would get another job so i took the first offer and was vaguely promised a move withing a year. Never happened don't settle;e unless you are desperate.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Applied and submitted job application. Great interview with some old Cities services managers.

Salary rate was better than previous job.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview process was smooth

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview for OxyChem. Easy inteview. one on one just to get to know you. 30 mins

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about the experiences at your previous jobs?

Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Take 4+ week to interview

Materials Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in November 2013.

Had a series of 6 45 minute interviews, everyone was laid back and nice. Primarily asked behavioral type questions. Most of the questions were pretty straight forward nothing to try and trick you or catch you off guard. They are looking for people who really fit in with the community and culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you failed, why did you fail? How did you overcome the failure?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

A representative outside of the company will contact you and ask you questions pertaining to the position to make sure you are qualified.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most challenging thing you experienced as your previous employer   Answer Question

Supply Chain Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Scheduled an interview after a college career fair. It was a team interview in which the two guys went back and forth asking mostly behavioral questions. There was a lot of opportunity for discussion and elaboration between questions. I think it went well and I am waiting on call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you and a manager had a miscommunication, and how you resolved the situation   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Job Fair and Applying Online

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time in which you had a problem working with a group. What did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Handed in resume to a professional at a student organization career fair. Attended info session at university. Networked with professionals. Applied through an university career website and the company's website. Went in for an on-campus interview. Nice people, but did not enjoy the structure of the interview. Asked for business cards, but was told only the recruiter may be contacted. Received decision by email almost a month after.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical problem you have faced and how you solved it. (There were three or four questions that were similar to this.)   View Answer