Occidental Petroleum Interview Questions

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

A representative outside of the company will contact you and ask you questions pertaining to the position to make sure you are qualified.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most challenging thing you experienced as your previous employer   Answer Question

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Applied and submitted job application. Great interview with some old Cities services managers.

Salary rate was better than previous job.

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in February 2010.

After working 3 years as a contractor at Elk Hills, I asked the main HR person in Bakersfield about a senior reservoir engineering job. I was told I had two strikes against me, the first was that OXY does not hire PhD's because they are not practical. The second strike was that I was Canadian. I asked an Engineering manager if I could present an SPE paper with OXY data, he said no because it does not make oil for OXY.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

College recruitment

Interview Questions
    If you have an offer for a location you do not want to go be prepared to either take and and learn to settle there or tell them no and hope for a counter offer. At the time i was not sure i would get another job so i took the first offer and was vaguely promised a move withing a year. Never happened don't settle;e unless you are desperate.

Land Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in September 2012.

Applied on line for a summer internship through the OXY website, was selected for an on campus interview, notified via email. Interviewed with 2 employees, for 30 mins. Basic behavioral job interview questions, they like you answer to be formatter like this [state the problem, the solution then the outcome]. Very laid back. Heard back about a month or two later. Did not try and negotiate offer. Was drug tested shortly before I was supposed to start the job. It was a hair test. Finished 3 month interview and was offered a job. Everybody in my intern class got full time offers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary, just the usual behavioral stuff... Tell me about a time when you failed and how you overcame it, tell me about a time when you had to work in a group, or with a difficult team member.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview process was smooth

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview for OxyChem. Easy inteview. one on one just to get to know you. 30 mins

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about the experiences at your previous jobs?
        Answer Question

Materials Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in November 2013.

Had a series of 6 45 minute interviews, everyone was laid back and nice. Primarily asked behavioral type questions. Most of the questions were pretty straight forward nothing to try and trick you or catch you off guard. They are looking for people who really fit in with the community and culture.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you failed, why did you fail? How did you overcome the failure?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum in October 2013.

Handed in resume to a professional at a student organization career fair. Attended info session at university. Networked with professionals. Applied through an university career website and the company's website. Went in for an on-campus interview. Nice people, but did not enjoy the structure of the interview. Asked for business cards, but was told only the recruiter may be contacted. Received decision by email almost a month after.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical problem you have faced and how you solved it. (There were three or four questions that were similar to this.)   View Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Take 4+ week to interview