Occidental Petroleum Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Occidental Petroleum in September 2012.

Applied through campus job website, and got invited to interview with them. Did not know anything about the company, but they had an information dinner at a very expensive restaurant near campus. The recruiters I talked to were fairly young and graduated within previous 5 years. Next day at the interview I was interviewed by two recruiters (both engineers) with whom i only introduced myself the night before. The interview was fairly relaxed. They basically went over my resume with me and asked questions about my experience. They stemmed behavioral questions off of what i was telling them such as: "when you were working on this project, was there a point when you got stuck? and what did you do?" and "How did you prioritize your tasks when you had a large project?" This position was for an oil and gas drilling position in California. I did not have any background with oil and gas, but they said they would train me if i were to get hired. They called back within two days saying they were impressed with my skills and experience (i only had one 3 month internship before), and that i would be hearing from HR soon about a second "on site" interview in California.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you were working with a team, and you took initiative to get the project started.   View Answer
Still waiting on the second interview.