Ocean Properties

2.0

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key West, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key West, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ocean Properties.

Submitted a resume. Filled out an application. 3 separate interview meetings. Credit check, past employer check, criminal history, drug test. Be sure to get a signed letter documenting what you've negotiated. I submitted my resume in person. After 7 to 10 days I was called. I filled out an application on site. I was called back to meet the human resources person in the human resources department. I was called back to meet the manager I would be working with for a 30 minute meeting at the restaurant. I was called back to meet the general manager for a 30 minute meeting in his office. After 10 to 15 days I was called and offered the job and told to go and take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Human resources and the managers appeared to be just sizing me up and analyzing my personality.   Answer Question
    I couldn't negotiate the salary up but I negotiated a commission structure equal to 1% of my sales. I was hired, began work and never received the commission. I didn't have it in writing.

MIT Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ocean Properties.

I applied through my schools career services and received an interview. I met with an HR representative for one of the hotels that they manage and had a behavioral interview. Received second interview and met with regional director of food and beverage. This interview was more so the interviewer telling me what the job would be like and if I had any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a problem you've faced in a group and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • Describe your strengths and weaknesses? Give an example of a time your weakness effected you   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and why you chose your school   Answer Question

Not so much a training program but more of an entry level manage position.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Ocean Properties in December 2013.

Answered an ad on Craigslist for banquet server at the Marriott, an Ocean Properties owned location. Was contacted by the F&B Manager a couple of days later and told to go to the location in person to fill out an application. I did that, waited a week, then F&B Manager calls back to say he wants to move forward, can I come in and fill out some paperwork. The paperwork is not the expected tax/HR paperwork, it is one sheet I have to sign to let them them contact previous employers, which is a redundant layer to what I already filled out as part of the application. Manager says after this, I would be coming in to meet with the General Manager and with him again, which is now 4 visits to the location. All this for a relatively mindless banquet server position. Manager also says he needs someone to work the front lobby "Bistro" and lets it out that that position pays minimum wage. What? WHAT?!? So, bait and switch on the advertised job and a salary that is way under what anyone can make in Florida during the holidays and high season. I work for a caterer on-call doing the same thing and make $15 an hour there. This place is a colossal waste of time and the salary is not competitive with what other similar places are paying.

Interview Questions
    • It's not rocket science, it's banquet serving. Manager was vague and unprepared. Seemed preoccupied with something and in the interview it was revealed he really needed a different type of position and that one paid minimum wage ($7.79 hour). A complete waste of time.   Answer Question

Wage not competitive; felt like they ran a purposely deceptive ad and the fact they expect you to return to the location 4 times for a low-level job is just absurd. I can only imagine what it is like to work for them if they are this disorganized during the interview process.

Executive Meetings Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ocean Properties in March 2013.

Short conversation, experience was reviewed and I was asked why I wanted to be in sales.

Frond Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ocean Properties in June 2009.

walked in and asked for a job. sat down and filled out paperwork with the general manger and started the next day. no questions or background checks, no drug tests or anything... on account of half of the staff being foreign anyway, i figured if they had an american applying for the same position, they drop the rest of the requirements