Ocean Spray Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ocean Spray in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a brand manager. Very straight-forward, behavioral/fit interview, plus two case questions: Tell me about one of your favorite brands, and company is considering entering _____ category--what do you consider?

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ocean Spray (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online through my university's MBA job listings. My process consisted of screener interview with HR (resume walkthrough, behavioral) then phone interview with brand manager. Phone interview was primarily behavioral and had a short market sizing case. I took three weeks before I heard that I wouldn't progress to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe an innovative product that I thought was doing a great job and why.   Answer Question
    • Standard behavioral questions and resume walk through, tell me about a time you...   Answer Question
    • The case question was from the Case in Point book, "How many garden hoses are sold in the US each year?"   Answer Question

Senior Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Found job posting on indeed.com and submitted application. About 2 weeks later I received a request to complete a recorded video interview. I was able to read questions for 30 seconds, then respond for up to 2 minutes per question. I had a total of 7 questions. This can be a bit stressful, so I would recommend to do as many practice questions as you can in order to get comfortable, and make sure you look pretty on the screen :-) 2 days later I received notification from an HR recruiter with Ocean Spray that they would like to bring me in for an interview. I scheduled an interview that week and met with 5 different members over the course of about 3 hours. They were all very professional and informative. I received an offer letter about 1 week later for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a failure and how did you approach, and handle the situation?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I first saw the job on LinkedIn. I then applied online through the company website. A few weeks later I received an email requesting me to participate in a prerequisite online interview. I had never done an online interview before so it was a little intimidating, but the website they used was very easy to use. There was a series of 7 questions, for which I was permitted 2min (maybe 3) to record my video answer. The website gave me detailed instructions, and allowed me plenty of practice time; it really took the stress out of interviewing. Days after that, I was invited to come into the headquarters for a series of one on one interviews. I was given a detailed scheduled with the names of each of the persons I would meet with, along with their job title. Because this interview extended from noon to 4pm, I was given a complimentary lunch. I met with the head of the department, my direct supervisor, the manager of the department, a manager in a similar department, a "would be" colleague, and finally, the HR representative of the department in which I was applying. I received business cards from each person I interviewed with. I subsequently used these cards to send Thank-You emails about 2 business days after my interviews. (A practice I highly recommend, whether or not you feel the interview went well). I received an offer 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• The online interview asked the typical scenario questions. Name a time when you faced difficulty working with a colleague. Give an example of when you have added value to your team. etc. I dont remember the questions in exact detail, but I do remember the last question was What kind of compensation are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • Talk about your current role and previous work experience.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your hobbies?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your values?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasnt one. They gave me the offer I had in my head that I was hoping for, and so I did not feel the need for negotiation.

Capital Associate Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

1) One way web cam interview consisting of me answering ~5 questions with ~2 minutes to reply per question 2) phone interview with HR rep for the position 3) phone interview with supervisor for the position 4) Onsite interview, with 5 people (30 minutes each) Everyone was pleasant and friendly in person. The interviews were very conversational directed around my experiences and how they would apply. Have not heard back from them 2 weeks after the interview positive or negatively

Benefits Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially, I was invited to complete a one-way video interview, which was completely tech-savvy and interesting! It was an interview that consisted of 5-7 questions in which they gave you 30sec to read the question and about 3 minutes to provide the answer via a webcam. It was much easier than going to campus for just an initial screening and saves money for the company I'm sure! Then, I was quickly invited back to come to the campus for a live interview. This went very well and everyone was super nice, open and willing to answer every question that I had. Lastly, I was invited to the last round of interviews and was offered the job on the spot. The entire process was seamless and the recruiting team was always very responsive. I never had to wait long for an answer whether it be a question that I had or feedback regarding my interview. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my interview experience and I look forward to beginning my career at Ocean Spray!

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving my current job.   1 Answer

Blender Interview

Interview

First off the supervisor is a tool. I don't think he knows that offhand comments about the opposite sex is tacky and very illegal. I laugh but only out of nerves.

Interview Questions

• If another blender is sharing their negative comments around other employees what would you say to them if anything?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. They act like their giving you the dream job in the plant. Take it or leave it. Might pug you on different shift than you agreed upon

Support Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ocean Spray.

Interview

They use DDI qquestions. You will go through at least 3 sets of interviews with around 3 to 7 people It has been so long since I interviewed the questions change all the time.

Interview Questions

• They ask how you would handle certain situations with other employees and with Supervisors.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You don't get to negotiate. They have built in pay scales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ocean Spray in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter whom asked me to complete a one-way video interview. At first, I was nervous, however the Recruiter was friendly and explained to me how the process works and even offered up some advice. The video interview was actually not that bad... I had 6-7 questions that I had to answer via a webcam and was able to do it on my own time. Pretty quickly after I completed the video interview, the Recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview went well, however I was not invited onsite for a face to face interview. Although I wasn't selected, the process was fast and the people I interacted with were attentive and friendly. It was clear to me that the company is innovative and doing things differently For someone like me that has been actively interviewing with several companies, it is not often you have a really positive experience. Sounds like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Ocean Spray?   Answer Question
    • Name a new product you tried in the last 6 months and what was appealing about it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ocean Spray (Lakeville, MA).

Interview

I applied online on a job board (Indeed I think), about a month and a half later I was contacted by the HR rep. I was asked to do online webcam recording for my interview which presented questions and a time limit for an answer. They provided a test question which was good to calm your nerves and get over the kind of strange interaction of you just speaking to yourself on camera.

Interview Questions

• Overall very standard questions, nothing out of ordinary for an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate