Ocean Spray

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ocean Spray.

I applied online on a job board (Indeed I think), about a month and a half later I was contacted by the HR rep. I was asked to do online webcam recording for my interview which presented questions and a time limit for an answer. They provided a test question which was good to calm your nerves and get over the kind of strange interaction of you just speaking to yourself on camera.

Interview Questions
    • Overall very standard questions, nothing out of ordinary for an interview   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Operational Excellence Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ocean Spray.

I applied online, was contacted via phone about setting up a "one way video interview". You basically talk about yourself to a webcam and the hiring manager reviews it at his/her convenience. It was nice because I could do it whenever, but it's super awkward, so mentally prepare yourself for that.

Interview Questions
    • The format of the video interview is by far the most difficult part of the interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ocean Spray.

Very long day, met with close to 8 people.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ocean Spray in March 2011.

Did a 1-way video interview which was new for me. Was called shortly after by the recruiter and was scheduled for an interview at the corporate office. The location is beautiful and the building looks like an old hotel. The interview was pretty straight forward and I was asked about my motivation to work at Ocean Spray and asked to provide specific examples of the work I've done.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you to work hard everyday?   View Answer
    No, they made a strong offer and I accepted.

Business Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Ocean Spray in November 2009.

It was a breeze. Easy questions, interviewers seem disinterested. I was mislead during the interview process to believe the position was more senior in scope. Quickly realized the job largely entailed surfing the internet, so not to "bother" the Sales team.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate a considerable increase in salary, well beyond the pay band. I negotiated $170,000 and approx. $20,000/yr in bonus, with 4 weeks vacation. This is well above average pay for Manager level employees with Ocean Spray. Even those at HQ in Lakeville, MA, where cost of living is significantly higher.

Seasonal General Laborer Interview

Basically no interview process. If they liked your resume and you made it through orientation you were basically hired.

Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ocean Spray in April 2012.

If you apply via their career section and are selected for consideration, expect an initial screening phone call from HR (10 to 15 min) and an invitation to interview on campus. Once there, you meet with a rep from HR where they ask you some questions about what brought you there. Then they book about 30 minutes with the hiring manager. If they like you, you'll get called back to meet with other managers, the director and members of the team. I think it's great to meet who you'll be working with. Typical process is lengthy and they remind of you that while you're there. By lengthy, we're talking 30 to 60 days before they reach a decision. I think they take awhile because they rarely have openings and there is virtually no employee turnover. Once senses the expectation is once your hired, you'll never leave.

Pros: Meeting all the people and department managers is helpful. People were very friendly and regular, no stuffy folks. Overall company culture appears relaxed. There is a nice full-service cafeteria, showers and exercise room available. One can walk the cranberry bogs at lunch. Campus is beautiful and there are half day Friday's in the summer. No hairy commute given the Middleboro/Lakeville location.

Concerns: Managers and employees have been there a long time (guess that can be a pro or a con). Management appear to come from somewhat un-diversified backgrounds (little if any prior management experience outside of the company). The managers are very busy and they don't appear to meet with their staff for team-status type meetings. IT does not have a prominent role in the direction of the company, there is no CIO.

Summary: If you want stability, friendly coworkers and reasonable pay for the area, this is a great place to be. Just bear in mind the department has not grown in 20 years so you might get bored if you like a challenge.

Business/Customer Insights Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ocean Spray in January 2011.

It was a one way video interview that was recorded through a third party supplier. There were roughly 10 to 12 questions that appeared on the screen automatically and the respondent is given a time of 30 seconds to read and think about the answers, and then record his/her answer in 3 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you were able to analyze data trends to identify opportunities and then capitalize on those opportunities   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you were able to help your associates in achieving something big   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to join Oceanspray?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ocean Spray in April 2010.

Had phone screen with Ocean Spray for a Marketing position. HR person was extremely nice and asked standard resume, interest in company and behavioral questions. Seems like a great company to work for (who wouldn't want to work for a corporate company housed around a cranberry bog?!)...unfortunately my candidacy was not advanced, but I would still recommend the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to gain buy-in from someone who was superior to you.   Answer Question

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ocean Spray in March 2008.

I found the available position in the newspaper. I simply called in and the manager asked me to come in to give it a try to see how I'd do. The test involved moving a few palettes from one stack to another. The whole process was quite casual and informal. The staff were polite and friendy.

Interview Questions
    • There was no verbal interview process, really; other than asking how much experience I had with forklifts.   Answer Question