Ocean State Job Lot Assistant Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ocean State Job Lot in March 2010.

Interview

I was first called by one of their Field Trainers after she saw my resume online. We set up a phone interview for a couple days later. After the phone interview she and I had a 1:1, after that I had a 1:1 with the regional manager. I was called on my way home with an offer. The regional manager interview was him talking 75%, me 25%. Basically he told me I wasn't qualified for the job for the first half, asking me a few questions, and spent the last 25% telling me my (then) job had no future and how Job Lot was better. Also, they offer you a job pending drug test and background check, which can take 2+ weeks. So don't quit your day job till you get the result. I see a lot of people who don't pass. Bad credit etc. They don't call you bak if you fail, FYI, they mail you something.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set an aisle that wasn't planogrammed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offer you and amount, maybe you can negotiate, but I don't know anyone who has.