Ocean Tomo Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ocean Tomo

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ocean Tomo in January 2013.

I applied online. First, I got an e-mail saying they were interested in speaking to me via a phone interview. I had an interview with the recruiting director in San Francisco who is a really awesome lady. It was about a 30 minute conversation and i was invited to interview at the Chicago headquarters.

I met with about 5 different people ranging in positions from Analyst to Director. Everyone is very nice. They don't expect you to understand IP damages litigation, they just want to see how you think and if you are a good fit. If you are in the interview, you are most likely smart enough to work at OT.

There is a case study at the end where they want you to use various approaches to arrive at a damages calculation. If financial statements don't confuse you, it isn't very hard.

I received my offer via a phone call the next day.

Interview Questions
    • I'd recommend doing a good amount of research on what Ocean Tomo does before you come. Take the time to show you care about the work you could be doing because chances are you don't know anything about it yet.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ocean Tomo in November 2012.

1st Round was a skype interview.
    2nd Round was at their headquarters. Met with a few people including a director and interviewed with all of them. Also had lunch with a couple of analysts. There was also a case interview. Overall, easy. They don't expect you to know much about intellectual property. They are looking for if you are analytical enough or not.

Interview Questions
    • Case was not a traditional format, but more of scenario analysis i.e. if you trying to find X, what tools would you use to analyze the problem.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Ocean Tomo.

The interview was about a half day long. I met over a dozen people at all levels, which was great. I even interviewed with one of the owners for half an hour. I decided over lunch that I wanted to work there because the people who took me to lunch were so enthusiastic about the company.

Interview Questions
    • There was a case study they presented me that was a bit difficult. But the person who went over it with me afterwards did a good job of asking questions that helped me form better answers.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate for more money. Why not, right? But they said it was pretty much a take it or leave it offer. It was a good offer so I took it.

Worked for Ocean Tomo? Contribute to the Community!