Oceaneering International Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.5

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter the following week. The week afterwards I was invited for a face to face interview. I had a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager followed by a 30 minute interview HR Director. Both interviews went well and I was expecting an offer. I followed up with the recruiter two weeks later and I was told that the job initiatives for the role has been changed per management and the job would be reposted and I was encouraged to reapply. Overall it was a smooth application process.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was hired at a hiring event. Two day interview with a few managers for a couple of hours. Offer came in next week, relocation was offered.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to change jobs, what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, was able to negotiate

Assistant Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Submit an application through the Oceaneering Careers link. Include a resume. The diving positions are very competitive. You need to have a strong diving backround.

Interview Questions

• Why are manhole covers round?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an internal advancement to the next higher technitian pay scale. No negotiations.

Global Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the head of HR for the company regarding their open position. I had never applied for the job, but was interested to hear about it. The HR rep told me about the position, talked about salary, and then setup a phone interview for me with the General Manager. I had a good interview with the manager I would be working with, and he told me that the next step would be to come out and meet with the other managers. I followed up with the HR rep and he was glad to hear the interview went well and asked me what my thoughts were on the position. I told him my thoughts were very favorable and asked him when I could expect to hear back on the position. That's when the HR rep apparently fell off the face of the Earth. I never received a reply from that point on. I sent 2 other emails a week later to "check-in" and still got zero response. Needless to say I was left very confused and peeved that this was the level of professionalism at this company.

SCM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was OK. Hiring manager talked more than I did. Answered questions about employment history and skills in previous roles.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to learn PeopleSoft? Do you believe that you can learn software in 6 months?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Rigid to some extent. Not able to negotiate vacation.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was one of the simplest that I've experienced. Only the key decision makers and my future coworkers were involved (4 people total) and an offer decision was made quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was very competitive from the start. So, the negotiation phase was simple.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a very thorough interview with Oceaneering International. I had two phone interviews and then a panel in-house interview before I was given an offer of employment. Each interviewer was very helpful and insightful.

Interview Questions

• What do you anticipate to be the biggest challenge as you move into an HR role?   1 Answer

Senior Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was a cake walk. After reviewing my resume, I was hired almost before the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was set through the recruiter at the max for the position, its was temp-to permanent.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Easy process, not stressful. Oceaneering wants to make sure it's a good fit for you as much as you want to try to impress.

Their interview questions are not ridiculous and mostly come from within the group you are working in. Discussions are frank about the work and desired skills.

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate, but Oceaneering appreciates quality employees and will compensate / adjust quickly if you can impress.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oceaneering International (Houston, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Relatively informal interview process