Oceaneering International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Master PLanner Interview

Master PLanner

Interviewed at Oceaneering International

Interview Details – 2 rounds of panel interviews. they had a mix of functions in the interviews, which made it interesting. they like practical knowledge. credentials did not seem to matter as much during the interview.

Interview Question – questions were typical   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oceaneering International in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from a recruiter the following week. The week afterwards I was invited for a face to face interview. I had a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager followed by a 30 minute interview HR Director. Both interviews went well and I was expecting an offer. I followed up with the recruiter two weeks later and I was told that the job initiatives for the role has been changed per management and the job would be reposted and I was encouraged to reapply. Overall it was a smooth application process.

Interview Question – Name any employment laws that you are familiar with.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

Interviewed at Oceaneering International

Interview Details – Very well interview execution from my part. They were relaxed but to the point, assessing my responses and body language.

Lead Engineer Interview

Lead Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oceaneering International.

Interview Details – Was hired at a hiring event. Two day interview with a few managers for a couple of hours. Offer came in next week, relocation was offered.

Interview Question – why do you want to change jobs, what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, was able to negotiate

ROV Technician Interview

ROV Technician

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oceaneering International.

Interview Details – Got a call to come down and interview they'll pick you up from the airport and take you to the hotel in Morgan City. You then have to take a skills test pretty basic for most. They'll then call you in for a group interview.

Interview Question – You gonna be able to handle the 3 weeks on a Oil Rig?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation!

Assistant Training Officer Interview

Assistant Training Officer
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oceaneering International in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submit an application through the Oceaneering Careers link. Include a resume. The diving positions are very competitive. You need to have a strong diving backround.

Interview Question – Why are manhole covers round?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was an internal advancement to the next higher technitian pay scale. No negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Mechanical Designer Interview

Senior Mechanical Designer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Oceaneering International in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a cake walk. After reviewing my resume, I was hired almost before the interview.

Interview Question – When can you start.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was set through the recruiter at the max for the position, its was temp-to permanent.

Graphic Design Interview

Graphic Design

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oceaneering International.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call the next day for a mini phone interview, then immediately scheduled a face-to-face interview. I had a fantastic experience, and the people were all very welcoming. I felt like the interview was more like a conversation than an interrogating interview. Great company, great people, and great experience.

Interview Question – None of the questions threw me off. They were all your typical interview questions, which then lead to further discussion. They are very fair interviewers that are not trying to trip you up.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oceaneering International in June 2012.

Interview Details – I had a very thorough interview with Oceaneering International. I had two phone interviews and then a panel in-house interview before I was given an offer of employment. Each interviewer was very helpful and insightful.

Interview Question – What do you anticipate to be the biggest challenge as you move into an HR role?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Designer Interview

Designer
Morgan City, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oceaneering International in November 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by Technical recruiter which set up interview with Oceaneering engineer. Engineer liked credentials and experience, then was selected immediately. Told job would last as he (the Engineer) claimed the job would last a very long time as the company is "always busy." Was told to show up for work about 2 weeks following interview but when showed up nothing was ready and took weeks to get workstation that wasn't someone else's. Engineer was highly disorganized and would take enormous time to get equipment. Never was issued safety hat, was promised extras (business cards, company jacket, additional training at Houston facility) that were never happened.

Interview Question – Oddly there were very few questions, difficult or otherwise. Engineer bragged on himself and how easy going he was, which he was. Talked about doing projects that never happened. Talked about freedom to leave early anytime. Painted a pretty picture but fizzled out.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oceaneering International

Worked for Oceaneering International? Contribute to the Community!