Oceaneering International

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.6

Master PLanner Interview

2 rounds of panel interviews. they had a mix of functions in the interviews, which made it interesting. they like practical knowledge. credentials did not seem to matter as much during the interview.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oceaneering International in April 2014.

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter the following week. The week afterwards I was invited for a face to face interview. I had a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager followed by a 30 minute interview HR Director. Both interviews went well and I was expecting an offer. I followed up with the recruiter two weeks later and I was told that the job initiatives for the role has been changed per management and the job would be reposted and I was encouraged to reapply. Overall it was a smooth application process.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Very well interview execution from my part. They were relaxed but to the point, assessing my responses and body language.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oceaneering International.

Was hired at a hiring event. Two day interview with a few managers for a couple of hours. Offer came in next week, relocation was offered.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to change jobs, what are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    Yes, was able to negotiate

ROV Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oceaneering International.

Got a call to come down and interview they'll pick you up from the airport and take you to the hotel in Morgan City. You then have to take a skills test pretty basic for most. They'll then call you in for a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • You gonna be able to handle the 3 weeks on a Oil Rig?   View Answer
    no negotiation!

Graphic Design Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oceaneering International.

I applied online, got a call the next day for a mini phone interview, then immediately scheduled a face-to-face interview. I had a fantastic experience, and the people were all very welcoming. I felt like the interview was more like a conversation than an interrogating interview. Great company, great people, and great experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions threw me off. They were all your typical interview questions, which then lead to further discussion. They are very fair interviewers that are not trying to trip you up.   Answer Question

Assistant Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oceaneering International in August 2013.

Submit an application through the Oceaneering Careers link. Include a resume. The diving positions are very competitive. You need to have a strong diving backround.

Interview Questions
    It was an internal advancement to the next higher technitian pay scale. No negotiations.

Project Manager Interview

Casual

Mechanical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oceaneering International in January 2013.

Campus career fair. The employer viewed my resume and asked questions regarding my projects. He is interested in a lifting system design and asked me to send the reports through email. Haven't heard back from him yet.

Interview Questions
    • He said that their company is not interested in research that is too theoretical.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan City, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan City, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oceaneering International in November 2012.

Contacted by Technical recruiter which set up interview with Oceaneering engineer. Engineer liked credentials and experience, then was selected immediately. Told job would last as he (the Engineer) claimed the job would last a very long time as the company is "always busy." Was told to show up for work about 2 weeks following interview but when showed up nothing was ready and took weeks to get workstation that wasn't someone else's. Engineer was highly disorganized and would take enormous time to get equipment. Never was issued safety hat, was promised extras (business cards, company jacket, additional training at Houston facility) that were never happened.

Interview Questions
    • Oddly there were very few questions, difficult or otherwise. Engineer bragged on himself and how easy going he was, which he was. Talked about doing projects that never happened. Talked about freedom to leave early anytime. Painted a pretty picture but fizzled out.   Answer Question