Oceanwide Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

2.5

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oceanwide.

First interview: HR1 + Architect.
    Architect asks technical questions reading from paper with questions, no good. HR1 girl looks all the time into the window (enjoying really great view) being bored by the technical details of the conversation. Questions asked:
    1) What are process, application domain, thread?
    2) What's GC and what to do(design/program) to reduce its overhead?
    3) How would you design that and that for a given business use case.
    Other general questions.

Second interview: HR2 + CTO.
    Less technical questions, more related to project lifecycle and PM, interpersonal communication. CTO is really great guy, very positive and smart.

Overall: very positive nice people, interesting to talk to (and I guess to work with).

Overall company impression: a (relatively) small company trying to save its budget in all possible ways (except technology used?). They have relatively low salaries and the benefits are almost non-existing comparing to blue-chip employers. They are still great for a work experience gain and low-fat-agile-working-development-environment using the latest MS technologies.

Interview Questions
    • What are process, application domain, thread?   Answer Question
    • What's GC and what to do(design/program) to reduce its overhead?   Answer Question

We did not meet on salary rate. They started at 75K on the first call, and moved to 80K after the interview, questioning my qualities not fully matching their expectations for the asked salary range. And I had better offer on hands already so I declined.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oceanwide in July 2010.

The VP was in an out of the interview at least 5 times and the other person interviewing was the direct report of the future manager, which was very odd. The interview questions were not prepared in advance and the interuptions were very disruptive.

Interview Questions
    • We are planning to move to at least 30 minutes from where we are, how would you take this ?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oceanwide

Worked for Oceanwide? Contribute to the Community!