Och-Ziff Capital Management

Updated Jul 23, 2014

2.9

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management.

I got this interview through a recruiter, met with 3 people initially, pretty straight forward more about fit and background, nothing too technical. A few questions about general valuation work but nothing specific or challenging. Went back for a second round and met with 3 additional higher up people. One didn't really know much about valuation so his questions were more general and was more looking at how you respond. Last interviewer was tough and very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • We have a large number of valuations to do each quarter, what processes would you put in place to make this easier/ streamline it?   Answer Question

Investor Servcies Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management in March 2014.

Was presented the opportunity through a recruiter. All interview specifics were handled via the recruiter. Interviewed in person. I met with a total of three people. Och Ziff claims to be a very flat organization and the people I met with didn't have titles on their business cards. It appears I met with two people who would be one level of seniority and one who would be above me. It was a first round interview, so many of the questions were fit/personality questions.

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management in January 2014.

Excellent process. Organization was smart, courteous and extremely professional. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience albeit that I didn't get the role. I interviewed with the COO and one of my peers.

Interview Questions
    • Why are we here? The question was direct and punchy and threw me somewhat. With the benefit of hindsight, this should have been the type of question I should have expected from a first class organization like this.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management.

Scheduling problems plagued the beginning of my interview process. Originally they stated that they were very interested, but lukewarm reaction and multiple interview cancellations and rescheduling seemed to say otherwise. Finally was able to get an interview scheduled, went in and the person whom I was supposed to interview with was busy.

Very rude handling of potential employees, I am glad to not have been chosen. If I am not worth the time of the interviewer to even meet with me, I can only imagine how it will be working with that person.

next time, suggest that OZ does their prescreening over the phone instead of wasting everyone's time.

Building is old and a bit run down.

Interview Questions
    • none. was fairly straightforward "tell me about yourself and why you want to work here"   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

5 interviews over two days. First round include technical questions and work related experience. Final rounds are just about fit and expectations.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management in June 2013.

several rounds of interview

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management in May 2012.

Very friendly. competency based

Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management in December 2009.

Two back to back interviews, one with HR and another with the reporting line manager. CV based and general questions only.