Ochsner Health System Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

2.5

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System in February 2015.

Application was sent to hiring manager after a couple days after I applied. Talked to the hiring manager a few weeks later about working on the floor. After speaking with the hiring manager a few hours later I got a call from human resources extending and offer.

Staff RN Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Spoke with HR first to answer very generic questions

In person Interview was with the Clinical Coordinator who asked questions about my schooling and what i knew about the unit. We then ended the interview with a tour of the unit.

No negotiation

Special Services Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Had a phone interview first then had an in-person interview for manager and director. Asked standard interview questions. Main thing they wanted to know is how you would handle pressure of meeting deadlines. Once the job was offered it took one month to start working.

Interview Questions
    You are able to negotiate

RN-Surgery Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System in October 2014.

Applied online, phone interview with HR a few weeks later, in person interview with unit manager two weeks later. Offered the job on the spot. Received official job offer the following business day. Very pleasant interview process. Not a lot of traditional interview questions, more getting-to-know-you type questions. Laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. Hourly wage expected was offered.

Staff RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System in July 2014.

Interview process was good, people pleasant and knowledgeable. The info was misleading as to length of orientation pay and shift. The hospital hires both new grads and experiences nurses and is big on continued education. The benefits are good but expensive

hired for nights but told that after two weeks I would have to work days

Talent Acquisition Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Must complete a behavioral interview questionnaire online at the time of application submission. Phone interview with senior recruiter manager, with focus on your experience/walking through resume. Wasn't given too much info on position during interview. Definitely a "sell yourself" type interview. No communication following the interview (not even an email that they had selected another candidate).

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions in initial interview. Questioned my experience extensively, esp since I was coming from a non-healthcare industry.   Answer Question

Registration Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Applied online, a week later got called to go in for an interview, a week after the interview got called with a job offer..interview process was very easy and smooth, managers were extremely nice and seemed laid paid

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Tell me in 30 seconds why we should hire you.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult situation with a former employee and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    Did not try to negotiate

Patient Liaison Interview

Applied online, received a call about an interview, and went on an interview. On the interview, the people were really nice. Basically talked about past experience with jobs and things on your resume. In addition, there was one question about a scenario that you had to answer. You get to choose from 5 different scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were generated from your resume. So just basically be honest and able to talk about who your are as a person and your accomplishments. Typical "Tell me about yourself" type questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Depends On If The Department Is In Great Need At The Moment

Interview Questions
    • Do You Hear Around That We're A Racist Company ?   View Answer

Seemed as if they we're looking for a token minority. Interview process seemed more of an open-letter as to why the company is not racist as people claim, rather than an offer for employment.

Telecommunications Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

After selection out of a pool of application someone within the department you are seeking to join makes their selection of qualified candidates. You are then interviewed and based on your qualifications and personality you are either selected or rejected for the position. All notifications of non-hire are by email.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase in the communications department. Either you are willing to accept the starting pay of $10.00/hour or you don't get the position.