Ochsner Health System Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.6

Systems Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

The interview process was a long and slow process. There were multiple callbacks for panel type as well as one on one interview that included different representatives of mulitple departments. They felt i was z better fit for z different position so i had more interviews than average. They made me feel comfortable. Outside of the multiple visits to the facility it was an interesting experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you want go work for us?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

Got a call from the secretary. Interviewed with the director of Clinical Research. Asked What kind Clinical Research experience do you have. Meet with the clinical team leader and the clinical PI. The long wait is for the HR to process. You can watch the progress online. After 4 weeks got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose ochsner? What kind Clinical Research experience do you have?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Pre-screen, then three rounds of face to face. Round one was disappointing, only a few people participated. Second face to face was with more folks and third would have been with HR Leadership. Feels like a ton of interviews to make a decision. Salary is not discussed and Ochsner is known for low pay.

Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very informal, met with director of pharmacy, pharmacists in the department, nurses, and physician. Was toured around the hospital and pharmacy. Very few hard questions, mostly conversational and them asking if I had any questions. ~7 hours in length, no presentation required.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System in February 2015.

Interview

Application was sent to hiring manager after a couple days after I applied. Talked to the hiring manager a few weeks later about working on the floor. After speaking with the hiring manager a few hours later I got a call from human resources extending and offer.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

Spoke with HR first to answer very generic questions In person Interview was with the Clinical Coordinator who asked questions about my schooling and what i knew about the unit. We then ended the interview with a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Revenue Cycle Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2014.

Interview

I received a call for the position to come in and interview. I asked a brief information about what they were looking for, and the schedule I was told that it was Monday - Friday, 3-11pm. Which I was looking for. However when I got into the interview I was told that the rotate weekends. Since they were not initially honest about the hours I waited until the job shadow and asked the worker I was shadowing then I was informed that you work two weekends out if the month which was not what the supervisor made it seem like. Then I was informed they work holidays.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to handle private information. How I felt about working around very sick people. How I felt about taking payments and insurance information. I was also explained job shadowing that was not paid time and the training. The employees in the department had nothing but complaints about the supervisor   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty easy

Special Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

Had a phone interview first then had an in-person interview for manager and director. Asked standard interview questions. Main thing they wanted to know is how you would handle pressure of meeting deadlines. Once the job was offered it took one month to start working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate

RN-Surgery Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with HR a few weeks later, in person interview with unit manager two weeks later. Offered the job on the spot. Received official job offer the following business day. Very pleasant interview process. Not a lot of traditional interview questions, more getting-to-know-you type questions. Laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. Hourly wage expected was offered.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was good, people pleasant and knowledgeable. The info was misleading as to length of orientation pay and shift. The hospital hires both new grads and experiences nurses and is big on continued education. The benefits are good but expensive

hired for nights but told that after two weeks I would have to work days