Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ochsner Health System
- Registered Nurse (3)
- Revenue Cycle Representative III (3)
- Registration Receptionist (2)
- Staff RN (2)
- Clinical Research Coordinator (1)
- Clinical Services Manager (1)
- Nursing (1)
- Medical Scribe (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Human Resources Recruiter (1)
- Telecommunications Operator (1)
- Registration Coordinator (1)
- Human Resources Business Partner (1)
- Human Resources Generalist (1)
- Dietary (1)
- Financial Service Representative (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Research (1)
- Network Analyst II (1)
- Receptionist (1)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Systems Administrative (1)
- Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (1)
- Talent Acquisition Recruiter (1)
- Appointment Coordinator (1)
- MANAGER, CLINICAL SERVICES (1)
- RN-Surgery (1)
- Community Relations (1)
- Patient Liaison (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA).
Very lengthly process that consisted of a phone screen with the Recruiting Manager, a one-on-one interview with the Director, one interview with an AVP, two panel interviews with the team and I facilitated three presentations. All of the interviews and presentations were grouped together so I only went to the office three times. The best part has been that the team members are awesome and extremely knowledgable which made it a joy to see them at each round of the interview process and has continued to leave me excited about the potential to work with them. I can tell that they are concerned about making the right choice for the anticipated project work load, which is understandable. I haven't been extended an offer at this time, I'm still waiting to hear their final decision.
- How would you handle producing training on a short timeline? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.
The interview process was a long and slow process. There were multiple callbacks for panel type as well as one on one interview that included different representatives of mulitple departments. They felt i was z better fit for z different position so i had more interviews than average. They made me feel comfortable. Outside of the multiple visits to the facility it was an interesting experience
- Why do you want go work for us? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.
Got a call from the secretary. Interviewed with the director of Clinical Research. Asked What kind Clinical Research experience do you have. Meet with the clinical team leader and the clinical PI. The long wait is for the HR to process. You can watch the progress online. After 4 weeks got the offer.
- Why do you choose ochsner? What kind Clinical Research experience do you have? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in May 2015.
Phone Pre-screen, then three rounds of face to face. Round one was disappointing, only a few people participated. Second face to face was with more folks and third would have been with HR Leadership. Feels like a ton of interviews to make a decision. Salary is not discussed and Ochsner is known for low pay.
- Situational- What would you do. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.
A week out from applying, they call you to set up a time to take Epic's assessment test. The test is basically a logic test and is meant to see how well you can solve problems and whether your a good candidate for certification. About 2 weeks after testing, I received a call from a PM wanting to set up a time for me to come down to interview with a group of PMs. You interview individually with the groups of PMs. I didn't really get any advanced interview questions. I was just asked to kind of go through my resume and explain what I did, why I wanted the job, and how long I was going to stay at Ochsner (apparently they lose a lot of people). The second interview was with 1 PM and the director, and was the basically the same interview all over again. Two weeks (exactly) after that I got a call from HR with an offer.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.
Very informal, met with director of pharmacy, pharmacists in the department, nurses, and physician. Was toured around the hospital and pharmacy. Very few hard questions, mostly conversational and them asking if I had any questions. ~7 hours in length, no presentation required.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System in February 2015.
Application was sent to hiring manager after a couple days after I applied. Talked to the hiring manager a few weeks later about working on the floor. After speaking with the hiring manager a few hours later I got a call from human resources extending and offer.
- If I tested for nclex? 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted Offer
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.
Spoke with HR first to answer very generic questions In person Interview was with the Clinical Coordinator who asked questions about my schooling and what i knew about the unit. We then ended the interview with a tour of the unit.
- Not many clinical questions Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2014.
I received a call for the position to come in and interview. I asked a brief information about what they were looking for, and the schedule I was told that it was Monday - Friday, 3-11pm. Which I was looking for. However when I got into the interview I was told that the rotate weekends. Since they were not initially honest about the hours I waited until the job shadow and asked the worker I was shadowing then I was informed that you work two weekends out if the month which was not what the supervisor made it seem like. Then I was informed they work holidays.
- I was asked about my ability to handle private information. How I felt about working around very sick people. How I felt about taking payments and insurance information. I was also explained job shadowing that was not paid time and the training. The employees in the department had nothing but complaints about the supervisor 1 Answer
It was pretty easy
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.
Had a phone interview first then had an in-person interview for manager and director. Asked standard interview questions. Main thing they wanted to know is how you would handle pressure of meeting deadlines. Once the job was offered it took one month to start working.
- How do you handle stress? Answer Question
You are able to negotiate
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review