Ochsner Health System

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.5

Special Services Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Had a phone interview first then had an in-person interview for manager and director. Asked standard interview questions. Main thing they wanted to know is how you would handle pressure of meeting deadlines. Once the job was offered it took one month to start working.

Interview Questions
    You are able to negotiate

RN-Surgery Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System in October 2014.

Applied online, phone interview with HR a few weeks later, in person interview with unit manager two weeks later. Offered the job on the spot. Received official job offer the following business day. Very pleasant interview process. Not a lot of traditional interview questions, more getting-to-know-you type questions. Laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. Hourly wage expected was offered.

Staff RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System in July 2014.

Interview process was good, people pleasant and knowledgeable. The info was misleading as to length of orientation pay and shift. The hospital hires both new grads and experiences nurses and is big on continued education. The benefits are good but expensive

hired for nights but told that after two weeks I would have to work days

Talent Acquisition Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Must complete a behavioral interview questionnaire online at the time of application submission. Phone interview with senior recruiter manager, with focus on your experience/walking through resume. Wasn't given too much info on position during interview. Definitely a "sell yourself" type interview. No communication following the interview (not even an email that they had selected another candidate).

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions in initial interview. Questioned my experience extensively, esp since I was coming from a non-healthcare industry.   Answer Question

Registration Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Applied online, a week later got called to go in for an interview, a week after the interview got called with a job offer..interview process was very easy and smooth, managers were extremely nice and seemed laid paid

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Tell me in 30 seconds why we should hire you.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult situation with a former employee and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    Did not try to negotiate

Patient Liaison Interview

Applied online, received a call about an interview, and went on an interview. On the interview, the people were really nice. Basically talked about past experience with jobs and things on your resume. In addition, there was one question about a scenario that you had to answer. You get to choose from 5 different scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were generated from your resume. So just basically be honest and able to talk about who your are as a person and your accomplishments. Typical "Tell me about yourself" type questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Depends On If The Department Is In Great Need At The Moment

Interview Questions
    • Do You Hear Around That We're A Racist Company ?   View Answer

Seemed as if they we're looking for a token minority. Interview process seemed more of an open-letter as to why the company is not racist as people claim, rather than an offer for employment.

Telecommunications Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

After selection out of a pool of application someone within the department you are seeking to join makes their selection of qualified candidates. You are then interviewed and based on your qualifications and personality you are either selected or rejected for the position. All notifications of non-hire are by email.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase in the communications department. Either you are willing to accept the starting pay of $10.00/hour or you don't get the position.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System in January 2014.

I began volunteering at Ochsner and was able to become close with managers who referred me to my current position. I applied and they called me in for an interview with the manager over that position. I heard back quickly and was sent a packet of information to fill out for a background check and information for Employee Health for a drug test, a TB test, and flu shot.

Interview Questions
    • Because I lacked experience, it was a little difficult answering questions they had about how I handled certain situations in the past. I had to pull from my education background and experiences.   Answer Question
    HR called me and made an offer. I asked if they would be able to pay more, they said that she would need to see what they could do. She called back a couple of days later and was unable to offer more.

Dietary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Typical interview. Many questions of tell me a time when this happened and how did you react.

Interview Questions
    • None just chose some senerios before you go. Such as a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, starting pay low