Ochsner Health System

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Patient Liaison Interview

Interviewed at Ochsner Health System

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call about an interview, and went on an interview. On the interview, the people were really nice. Basically talked about past experience with jobs and things on your resume. In addition, there was one question about a scenario that you had to answer. You get to choose from 5 different scenarios.

Interview Question – Questions were generated from your resume. So just basically be honest and able to talk about who your are as a person and your accomplishments. Typical "Tell me about yourself" type questions.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Kenner, LA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ochsner Health System in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was fairly easy, the interview was ran smoothly and it was over in a matter of 15 mins

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was allowed they gave you an base pay and thats it

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – Depends On If The Department Is In Great Need At The Moment

Interview Question – Do You Hear Around That We're A Racist Company ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Seemed as if they we're looking for a token minority. Interview process seemed more of an open-letter as to why the company is not racist as people claim, rather than an offer for employment.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Telecommunications Operator Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – After selection out of a pool of application someone within the department you are seeking to join makes their selection of qualified candidates. You are then interviewed and based on your qualifications and personality you are either selected or rejected for the position. All notifications of non-hire are by email.

Interview Question – Why should we select you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase in the communications department. Either you are willing to accept the starting pay of $10.00/hour or you don't get the position.

Dietary Interview

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – Typical interview. Many questions of tell me a time when this happened and how did you react.

Interview Question – None just chose some senerios before you go. Such as a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, starting pay low

Medical Scribe Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – Laid back. If you bring your personality, charm, wit, mixed with some intelligence, you have nothing to worry about. You set the tone of the interview.

Negotiation Details – There is no salary negotiation. There are plenty of applicants that they can chose from that would do this job. (Make more than the ED techs and Nurse techs) Well paid for what we do.

Revenue Cycle Representative III Interview

Revenue Cycle Representative III

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with 2 different hiring managers

Interview Question – very easy interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low salary

Appointment Coordinator Interview

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System in August 2013.

Interview Details – About two weeks after I submitted my resume I was contacted for an interview. My interview was the next day. I was unofficially offered the position then, but I was told I had to wait for HR to contact me. HR contaced me about 3 weeks later and offered me the position. My first day was scheduled for two weeks away. The hiring process has been very interesting. I have been employed for several weeks, but my manager has yet to get me trained with the computer system so I can do my new job. I have been watching my co-workers and training with them as best I can. I have not really been given much guidance on my work schedule (as the different departments I am moved to work on different schedules), my uniform (another thing I am waiting to be decided on), where I will work, and several other things. It seems this is a very disorganized company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to come to work for Ochsner?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took about 3 weeks after my interview before I was called for an offer. The offer came from HR in New Orleans, not from the Baton Rouge office. They would not negotiate my pay rate with me, even though I left a job making $2 more per hour.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System in March 2010.

Interview Details – I only had one interview for my job, and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. I had already worked in a different department, so I was known by the organization, but not by the people in this department. It was mostly about them getting to know me and ensuring that I was a good fit.

Interview Question – Talk about a time things didn't go according to plan and how you resolved the resulting issues   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not really able to negotiate

Registration Coordinator Interview

Registration Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – Applied online. Interviewed a week later. Job offer the week after.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions; greatest strengths & weaknesses. Customer Service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ochsner Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ochsner Health System interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ochsner Health System employees and interview candidates.