Ochsner Health System

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Talent Acquisition Recruiter Interview

Talent Acquisition Recruiter

I applied online and interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – Must complete a behavioral interview questionnaire online at the time of application submission. Phone interview with senior recruiter manager, with focus on your experience/walking through resume. Wasn't given too much info on position during interview. Definitely a "sell yourself" type interview. No communication following the interview (not even an email that they had selected another candidate).

Interview Question – No technical questions in initial interview. Questioned my experience extensively, esp since I was coming from a non-healthcare industry.   Answer Question

Registration Receptionist Interview

Registration Receptionist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – Applied online, a week later got called to go in for an interview, a week after the interview got called with a job offer..interview process was very easy and smooth, managers were extremely nice and seemed laid paid

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate

Revenue Cycle Representative III Interview

Revenue Cycle Representative III
New Orleans, LA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System in April 2012.

Interview Details – Originally, put in application online website--no response. Ochsners HR is deplorable and no follow up.
When mass hire began for new EMR, I was able to be interviewed and was hired through third party HR firm.

Interview Question – N/A
Very generic questions
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

MANAGER, CLINICAL SERVICES Interview

MANAGER, CLINICAL SERVICES
New Orleans, LA

I applied online - interviewed at Ochsner Health System in March 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview

Interview Question – Scenarios - difficult situation, conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase ; took months from application to interview

Patient Liaison Interview

Patient Liaison

Interviewed at Ochsner Health System

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call about an interview, and went on an interview. On the interview, the people were really nice. Basically talked about past experience with jobs and things on your resume. In addition, there was one question about a scenario that you had to answer. You get to choose from 5 different scenarios.

Interview Question – Questions were generated from your resume. So just basically be honest and able to talk about who your are as a person and your accomplishments. Typical "Tell me about yourself" type questions.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Kenner, LA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ochsner Health System in April 2013.

Interview Details – It was fairly easy, the interview was ran smoothly and it was over in a matter of 15 mins

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was allowed they gave you an base pay and thats it

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – Depends On If The Department Is In Great Need At The Moment

Interview Question – Do You Hear Around That We're A Racist Company ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Seemed as if they we're looking for a token minority. Interview process seemed more of an open-letter as to why the company is not racist as people claim, rather than an offer for employment.

Telecommunications Operator Interview

Telecommunications Operator

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – After selection out of a pool of application someone within the department you are seeking to join makes their selection of qualified candidates. You are then interviewed and based on your qualifications and personality you are either selected or rejected for the position. All notifications of non-hire are by email.

Interview Question – Why should we select you over the other candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase in the communications department. Either you are willing to accept the starting pay of $10.00/hour or you don't get the position.

Dietary Interview

Dietary
New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview Details – Typical interview. Many questions of tell me a time when this happened and how did you react.

Interview Question – None just chose some senerios before you go. Such as a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, starting pay low

Very Easy Interview

Medical Scribe Interview

Medical Scribe

Interview Details – Laid back. If you bring your personality, charm, wit, mixed with some intelligence, you have nothing to worry about. You set the tone of the interview.

Negotiation Details – There is no salary negotiation. There are plenty of applicants that they can chose from that would do this job. (Make more than the ED techs and Nurse techs) Well paid for what we do.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ochsner Health System

Worked for Ochsner Health System? Contribute to the Community!