Ochsner Health System

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.6

Staff RN Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System in July 2014.

Interview process was good, people pleasant and knowledgeable. The info was misleading as to length of orientation pay and shift. The hospital hires both new grads and experiences nurses and is big on continued education. The benefits are good but expensive

hired for nights but told that after two weeks I would have to work days

Talent Acquisition Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Must complete a behavioral interview questionnaire online at the time of application submission. Phone interview with senior recruiter manager, with focus on your experience/walking through resume. Wasn't given too much info on position during interview. Definitely a "sell yourself" type interview. No communication following the interview (not even an email that they had selected another candidate).

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions in initial interview. Questioned my experience extensively, esp since I was coming from a non-healthcare industry.   Answer Question

Registration Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Applied online, a week later got called to go in for an interview, a week after the interview got called with a job offer..interview process was very easy and smooth, managers were extremely nice and seemed laid paid

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Tell me in 30 seconds why we should hire you.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult situation with a former employee and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    Did not try to negotiate

Patient Liaison Interview

Applied online, received a call about an interview, and went on an interview. On the interview, the people were really nice. Basically talked about past experience with jobs and things on your resume. In addition, there was one question about a scenario that you had to answer. You get to choose from 5 different scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were generated from your resume. So just basically be honest and able to talk about who your are as a person and your accomplishments. Typical "Tell me about yourself" type questions.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Depends On If The Department Is In Great Need At The Moment

Interview Questions
    • Do You Hear Around That We're A Racist Company ?   View Answer

Seemed as if they we're looking for a token minority. Interview process seemed more of an open-letter as to why the company is not racist as people claim, rather than an offer for employment.

Telecommunications Operator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

After selection out of a pool of application someone within the department you are seeking to join makes their selection of qualified candidates. You are then interviewed and based on your qualifications and personality you are either selected or rejected for the position. All notifications of non-hire are by email.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase in the communications department. Either you are willing to accept the starting pay of $10.00/hour or you don't get the position.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System in January 2014.

I began volunteering at Ochsner and was able to become close with managers who referred me to my current position. I applied and they called me in for an interview with the manager over that position. I heard back quickly and was sent a packet of information to fill out for a background check and information for Employee Health for a drug test, a TB test, and flu shot.

Interview Questions
    • Because I lacked experience, it was a little difficult answering questions they had about how I handled certain situations in the past. I had to pull from my education background and experiences.   Answer Question
    HR called me and made an offer. I asked if they would be able to pay more, they said that she would need to see what they could do. She called back a couple of days later and was unable to offer more.

Dietary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Typical interview. Many questions of tell me a time when this happened and how did you react.

Interview Questions
    • None just chose some senerios before you go. Such as a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, starting pay low

Medical Scribe Interview

Laid back. If you bring your personality, charm, wit, mixed with some intelligence, you have nothing to worry about. You set the tone of the interview.

There is no salary negotiation. There are plenty of applicants that they can chose from that would do this job. (Make more than the ED techs and Nurse techs) Well paid for what we do.

Appointment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ochsner Health System in August 2013.

About two weeks after I submitted my resume I was contacted for an interview. My interview was the next day. I was unofficially offered the position then, but I was told I had to wait for HR to contact me. HR contaced me about 3 weeks later and offered me the position. My first day was scheduled for two weeks away. The hiring process has been very interesting. I have been employed for several weeks, but my manager has yet to get me trained with the computer system so I can do my new job. I have been watching my co-workers and training with them as best I can. I have not really been given much guidance on my work schedule (as the different departments I am moved to work on different schedules), my uniform (another thing I am waiting to be decided on), where I will work, and several other things. It seems this is a very disorganized company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to come to work for Ochsner?   View Answer
    It took about 3 weeks after my interview before I was called for an offer. The offer came from HR in New Orleans, not from the Baton Rouge office. They would not negotiate my pay rate with me, even though I left a job making $2 more per hour.