Octagon Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.4

Event Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

Interview process was simple. Applied and within one month heard back from HR. I was interviewed over the phone, it seemed like it went well. I was told that within two weeks I would hear back and I could contact my interviewer if I had any questions in the meantime. Two weeks went by and I heard nothing. Sent an email to the interviewer and got no response.

Event Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

I applied online to Octagon. Within a few days, they emailed back for an interview. After giving availability, they confirmed. They called my personal number and the interviewer was very friendly.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

Toke a while to hear back from them after interview. Didn't answer the follow up email but as soon as they offered the position I had to start two days later

Event Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Octagon.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of two interviews. I first had a phone interview with one of the Account Executives. It was your average interview. We went through my resume, and then I was asked more job-specific questions, such as "How would you handle a disgruntled guest?" The second interview was with the Account Manager. It was supposed to be a video interview, but due to technical difficulties, we ended up just speaking over the phone. This interview was very similar to first in regards to the questions asked.

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

They bring you in to interview with at least 2 members of the account team typically. General questions about client relationships, work ethic, organizational skills, working in a group etc.

Interview Questions

• What type of adjectives would previous clients use to describe you?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Octagon.

Interview

Interview included an HR phone screener, several phone interviews and a day full of multiple one-on-one in-person interviews. Earlier in the process, technical skill and candidate’s professional background is a larger concern. By the in-person interview, the company is most concerned with cultural fit with candidates. HR was responsive and moved relatively quickly in my case.

Interview Questions

• Primarily questions about professional background, industry knowledge and career aspirations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial essay followed up by a phone interview. Final interview composed of presenting a five minute branding deck (choosing from three options) to a panel of four current Octagon employees. Overall, timely process for the number of applicants considered. Initial essay was submitted in January and the final decision is made in early March.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions, no big curveballs.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Interview

Went to their Charlotte, NC offices and met with the manager of the Sprint account. He showed me around the office and briefed me on what a typical workday looks like. Went into an open office and talked for about an hour, just getting to know one another. Gave me more details on what the expectations were for the position. Was very informal, but very informative and helpful.

Event Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Octagon in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job and completely forgot about it until a few months later when I heard back...We set up a phone interview. I spoke with an Account manager for about 20 minutes- just asking about my experience, college education, general interests. The job was further explained to me and was told I would hear back soon. 2-3 weeks later I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer stood as is

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Octagon (Charlotte, NC) in December 2013.

Interview

I was emailed by Octagon to set up an in person interview for their Event Coordinator Trainee position. I was unable to come in, in person, so they set up a Skype interview. The actual interview was very laid back and I found my interviewers to be very personable. I was told that they were looking to move forward quickly, and they would be in touch in about a week or so. That week came and went, and then the next, and the next. I sent several follow up emails, but I did not receive any correspondence back from anybody! I know another employee, and I had her do some asking, and she came back and told me that my interviewer would be getting back to me within the week, and I heard nothing. It was very off putting and as a recent college graduate, very discouraging. My interview was at the beginning of December and just recently (middle of February) received a general, thank you but no thank you email. My industry is very hard and competitive to break into, and to be treated with such disregard was very hurtful.

Interview Questions

• What was the last movie you saw in theaters, and if you could be an animal what would you be?   Answer Question