Octagon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.5

Event Coordinator Interview

They bring you in to interview with at least 2 members of the account team typically. General questions about client relationships, work ethic, organizational skills, working in a group etc.

Interview Questions
    • What type of adjectives would previous clients use to describe you?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Octagon.

Interview included an HR phone screener, several phone interviews and a day full of multiple one-on-one in-person interviews. Earlier in the process, technical skill and candidate’s professional background is a larger concern. By the in-person interview, the company is most concerned with cultural fit with candidates. HR was responsive and moved relatively quickly in my case.

Interview Questions
    • Primarily questions about professional background, industry knowledge and career aspirations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Initial essay followed up by a phone interview. Final interview composed of presenting a five minute branding deck (choosing from three options) to a panel of four current Octagon employees. Overall, timely process for the number of applicants considered. Initial essay was submitted in January and the final decision is made in early March.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions, no big curveballs.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Went to their Charlotte, NC offices and met with the manager of the Sprint account. He showed me around the office and briefed me on what a typical workday looks like. Went into an open office and talked for about an hour, just getting to know one another. Gave me more details on what the expectations were for the position. Was very informal, but very informative and helpful.

Event Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Octagon in March 2014.

I applied for this job and completely forgot about it until a few months later when I heard back...We set up a phone interview. I spoke with an Account manager for about 20 minutes- just asking about my experience, college education, general interests. The job was further explained to me and was told I would hear back soon. 2-3 weeks later I was extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The offer stood as is

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Octagon in December 2013.

I was emailed by Octagon to set up an in person interview for their Event Coordinator Trainee position. I was unable to come in, in person, so they set up a Skype interview. The actual interview was very laid back and I found my interviewers to be very personable. I was told that they were looking to move forward quickly, and they would be in touch in about a week or so. That week came and went, and then the next, and the next. I sent several follow up emails, but I did not receive any correspondence back from anybody! I know another employee, and I had her do some asking, and she came back and told me that my interviewer would be getting back to me within the week, and I heard nothing. It was very off putting and as a recent college graduate, very discouraging. My interview was at the beginning of December and just recently (middle of February) received a general, thank you but no thank you email. My industry is very hard and competitive to break into, and to be treated with such disregard was very hurtful.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last movie you saw in theaters, and if you could be an animal what would you be?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Octagon.

I met with a recruiter at a career fair, he said he would forward my resume to HR. Weeks later I received an email regarding setting up an interview. I only had one interview before receiving an offer email.

No negotiation

Event Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Octagon.

Initial e-mail screening, phone interview with 3 individuals, second interview with 2 individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions regarding experiences in relevant areas, teamwork, biggest challenges, future aspirations, etc.   Answer Question

IT Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Octagon in July 2013.

Completed phone interview, told I would get a face to face, I got nothing. They called and told me I don't fit into the "corporate environment". They never met me!

Event Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Octagon.

Easy!

Interview Questions

Worked for Octagon? Contribute to the Community!