Octagon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.4

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Octagon.

Interview

I applied online and within 2 weeks I was invited to phone interview. The interviewer was nice and friendly. Most questions were based on resume, nothing difficult. The interview went smoothly and I even shared the research report I conducted before for the clients they're currently work with. But after one week, I was rejected. They went with candidate with more experience on sport and sponsorship. So do show your passion and understanding about sports industry during interview!

Interview Questions

• What's your favourite sport movie? If you can choose to learn one sport, what will that be and why? Share one group project experience   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Octagon.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager and a senior level executive. Basic interview questions were asked. You should do your research on the company before the interview to come prepared to answer what you know about Octagon, why you want to work for Octagon and what makes you a great candidate for the position.

Event Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

Interview process was simple. Applied and within one month heard back from HR. I was interviewed over the phone, it seemed like it went well. I was told that within two weeks I would hear back and I could contact my interviewer if I had any questions in the meantime. Two weeks went by and I heard nothing. Sent an email to the interviewer and got no response.

Event Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

I applied online to Octagon. Within a few days, they emailed back for an interview. After giving availability, they confirmed. They called my personal number and the interviewer was very friendly.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Octagon.

Interview

Toke a while to hear back from them after interview. Didn't answer the follow up email but as soon as they offered the position I had to start two days later

Event Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Octagon.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of two interviews. I first had a phone interview with one of the Account Executives. It was your average interview. We went through my resume, and then I was asked more job-specific questions, such as "How would you handle a disgruntled guest?" The second interview was with the Account Manager. It was supposed to be a video interview, but due to technical difficulties, we ended up just speaking over the phone. This interview was very similar to first in regards to the questions asked.

Event Coordinator Interview

Interview

They bring you in to interview with at least 2 members of the account team typically. General questions about client relationships, work ethic, organizational skills, working in a group etc.

Interview Questions

• What type of adjectives would previous clients use to describe you?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Octagon.

Interview

Interview included an HR phone screener, several phone interviews and a day full of multiple one-on-one in-person interviews. Earlier in the process, technical skill and candidate’s professional background is a larger concern. By the in-person interview, the company is most concerned with cultural fit with candidates. HR was responsive and moved relatively quickly in my case.

Interview Questions

• Primarily questions about professional background, industry knowledge and career aspirations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial essay followed up by a phone interview. Final interview composed of presenting a five minute branding deck (choosing from three options) to a panel of four current Octagon employees. Overall, timely process for the number of applicants considered. Initial essay was submitted in January and the final decision is made in early March.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions, no big curveballs.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Interview

Went to their Charlotte, NC offices and met with the manager of the Sprint account. He showed me around the office and briefed me on what a typical workday looks like. Went into an open office and talked for about an hour, just getting to know one another. Gave me more details on what the expectations were for the position. Was very informal, but very informative and helpful.